+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Trion Do Not Bend to the Eradicate QQers

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    It's not at all hard to figure out. Every single person who's come on these boards and have defended it in this manner have at some point revealed a seriously skewed bias against healers, and specifically clerics, for their abuse of mitigation stacking since 1.1 and are using these arguments to justify eradicate being the balancing mechanic to "fix the problem". Logic be damned, when you back them into a corner over the issue, the ugliness comes out and the insults start flying.
    True. It is irritating not being able to global a healer, amirite?

No, seriously, this is a giant case of "Careful of what you wish for." Healers NEED to be tough. They NEED to be able to take punishment. I play a warrior, and a rogue. I know it can get frustrating when you can't kill that one guy. But **** flies both ways. Suddenly YOUR healers are gimp. Suddenly YOU can't get heals because your healers die in 3 seonds. If healers can't heal other people, PvP turns into giant **** slinging fests, I mean zergs. Who draws first wins. Not really fun. I'm telling you, its not good for PvP if 1 person can kill a healer. Its not good at all. Focus fire by 2-3 people should be able to bring down a healer, equally geared of course.

Also, Valor creates more problems than it solves in all of this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    Put a cooldown on the purge ability.

Balance achieved.
    That's just it, I agree that at 44 points investment it should be spamable. Spam casting it isn't the problem, but the ability to spam it is only exposing the cracks in an already flawed game mechanic, that being core mechanic buffs that shouldn't even be buffs. I can't imagine that the devs intended for eradicate to be able to completely shut down certain souls, but more to be able to counter self/group buffs more effectively than any other soul can.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    If by 'balance' you mean healing is once again powerful beyond your wildest imaginations, I agree.
    I'm pretty sure they died BEFORE Eradicate. Yeah. Mindless zerging and attacking different targets, probably didn't.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    Question: What does a rogue do when stunned, mesmerized, or feared?
    Answer: Not eradicate.

The path that you want to take will only further dumb down this game. It's like you guys have just accepted the lack of CC and would rather see who can put out bigger numbers instead of viewing CC as a viable counter.
    There are a number of counters to eradicate spam. If we are speaking about WFs then its all about team work. Offensive pressure, LOS and Fears/Stuns/CC against the eradicate spammer problem solved. Not to mention other class buffs can be another way to counter like bard, warrior etc. I agree in 1v1 eradicate is bit tougher to deal with for some classes but in WFs its not a big of an issue as its being made out to be. If they slap a cool down on that talent at 44 points no rogue will pick it up. The dmg lose is too great. That is the only reason to invest more than 38 points for PVP. Sniper pedestal is OK at 51 but you get better gains by placing points in other souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinich View Post
    I'm pretty sure they died BEFORE Eradicate. Yeah. Mindless zerging and attacking different targets, probably didn't.
    If by 'they' you mean marksmen, but only after every other class that posed any kind of threat is killed, I agree.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Champion

True. It is irritating not being able to global a healer, amirite?

No, seriously, this is a giant case of "Careful of what you wish for." Healers NEED to be tough. They NEED to be able to take punishment. I play a warrior, and a rogue. I know it can get frustrating when you can't kill that one guy. But **** flies both ways. Suddenly YOUR healers are gimp. Suddenly YOU can't get heals because your healers die in 3 seonds. If healers can't heal other people, PvP turns into giant **** slinging fests, I mean zergs. Who draws first wins. Not really fun. I'm telling you, its not good for PvP if 1 person can kill a healer. Its not good at all. Focus fire by 2-3 people should be able to bring down a healer, equally geared of course.

Also, Valor creates more problems than it solves in all of this as well.
    A lot of people wished heals would disappear (ie: stop being a protective shield around enemy dps) from the game. The same people will probably jump ship to GW2 as soon as it comes out. I always liked having tough healers.

Telaran

That's just it, I agree that at 44 points investment it should be spamable. Spam casting it isn't the problem, but the ability to spam it is only exposing the cracks in an already flawed game mechanic, that being core mechanic buffs that shouldn't even be buffs. I can't imagine that the devs intended for eradicate to be able to completely shut down certain souls, but more to be able to counter self/group buffs more effectively than any other soul can.
    Thats what I was saying in an earlier post about Trion not even being sure about what they want the PvP game to be. Purge negates so many mechanics of classes that those classes are balanced around. Its not that "Oh, you should adapt and stop QQing" its that the 2 completely contradict themselves. I believe that if they are going to continue down the road of core class mechanics be based around buffs, then dispels should just disappear all together.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    If by 'they' you mean marksmen, but only after every other class that posed any kind of threat is killed, I agree.
    Ahhh, Trollololol.

2-3 people with on a healer with one of them having a healing debuff had no problem. Your basing game balance around ******s that can't attack the same target to save their lives is pretty, um, dumb. I don't think there is really and eloquent way of saying that. Its just dumb.

so can we get rid of healing since my core mechanic as a marksman is doing damage and that can be completely negated by a healer?

or is it only core mechanics that go along with your class?

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Telaran

A lot of people wished heals would disappear (ie: stop being a protective shield around enemy dps) from the game. The same people will probably jump ship to GW2 as soon as it comes out. I always liked having tough healers.
    I think the whole protective shields prevents interupting flag caps is all kinds of stupid. But PvP would be absolutely awful without healing unless they made damage really low.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    so can we get rid of healing since my core mechanic as a marksman is doing damage and that can be completely negated by a healer?

Sure, but by that logic we'll need to have purges remove all mana, energy, and combo points too. Those are all core mechanics. Right?

Stop trolling.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Ahhh, Trollololol.

2-3 people with on a healer with one of them having a healing debuff had no problem. Your basing game balance around ******s that can't attack the same target to save their lives is pretty, um, dumb. I don't think there is really and eloquent way of saying that. Its just dumb.
    Now we're getting somewhere.

Cleric Balance:

To kill one please bring at least the following:
    - at least 2-3 people
    - at least one heal debuff (if skipped, 6-7 people required)
    - at least 30 seconds of dedicated time

If the cleric is not solo, multiply above values for total number of players with the cleric (including the cleric)
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post

Worst. Reply. Ever.

That IS PvP right there. If thats isn't what you want, then go play Counter Strike. You can 1 shot people, and there's no healing. Because that is clearly what you are looking for.

This is very true.

I think durability is beyond the scope of other peoples imagination. One class countering another is apparently pretty hard to accept as well.

I agree with Leviathan. Eradicate's idea is great. Giving up damage to clear some buffs is a decent enough 44pt ability.

The problem lies in what's able to be dispelled. If you could Eradicate a Clerics self-buff that made him unable to heal, there'd be hell to pay.

Doing it on a Mage, though, seems to be acceptable to Rogues. They're carrying their burning hatred for Cleric Healers in their bugged 1.1 state over to ANY healer.

Retribution is never acceptable logic.

Ascendant

Ahhh, Trollololol.

Not necessarily. Healing debuff applied to new buffs, not hots previously on the player before the debuff. That combined with stacking hots meant the healing debuff was ineffective if you had hots on before you got hit with the healing debuff.

So, again, not really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast