suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Fan Out

#show Swift Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Deaden
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

Now why don't these work? Because the Marksman is so energy starved. Looking at the first macro, Lightning Fury cost 40 energy with a cooldown of 10 seconds and 1.5 second cast time, while Fan Out cost 30 energy and no cooldown. The macro works great for the first cast of Lightning Fury, and the subsequent Fan Out casts. However, as soon as Lightning Fury is not on cooldown anymore, it simply won't cast it because Fan Out costs only 30 energy, and so Fan Out gets cast instead.

The same thing happens on the second macro. Empowered Shot costs 45 energy with a 10 second cooldown and 1.5 second cast, and Swift Shot cost 30 energy.

Isn't it bad enough that the higher energy cost abilities ALSO have a cooldown and cast time? Should the fact that they have a cooldown and cast time make them cost the same energy as other abilities? Personally, I think so. Or is it that I am simply spamming my macro button too fast? lol..

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Foca View Post
    Or is it that I am simply spamming my macro button too fast? lol..

What do you guys think?
    This. The rogue energy mechanic is such that we are perpetually starved for energy, so you have to stop for a second to cast anything above 30 energy in a macro.

I only use one macro, works great:

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

----
    I don't see a need for any other macro, personally
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

macros r dumb

You people and your energy starvation. I've never used a BD spec, and I'm never starved out.
    Briarqueue

Wouldn't say starved, but I'm a bit peckish... pie or cheesecake ? Hmmm, decisions !

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    I only use one macro, works great:

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

----
    I don't see a need for any other macro, personally
    Only one I use. Just have to wait a second every so often to build enough energy to use other abilities when you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondays View Post
    You people and your energy starvation. I've never used a BD spec, and I'm never starved out.
    You're not pressing 1 fast enough.

Telaran

Marksmen don't need macro's all you need is a combo builder and a Finisher.. Sadly none of your AoE's

I have only three macro's primarily to save room.

Which would be an Oh **** button which consist of Break Free + On the Double + Twilight Shelter

I also have Fan Out + Lightning Fury + Fiery Spike

and to save room on my tray: sample

Although this is a dated screenshot its not too different apart from more orientation around WASD for on the run skills (B, X, C and V ) as I like the use of a keyboard and mouse when I play.
    at most times you'd want to open with barbed + Swift x 3 + Barbed and bam your set up to go.

To be honest with you im not really a fan of macros but I do understand its importance of eliminating the numerous of buttons to press to just down one target; its very nice to just have it all organised to less than 4 keystrokes than a possible 8 > ∞

- Mohr =3

Plane Walker

Has anyone else had trouble macroing Bull's Eye & Deadeye Shot?

Plane Touched

This happens with quite a few rogue macros.

You can use the macro to take care of the priorities and cooldowns of skills, but you cannot just mash it, you still have to use it only when you have enough energy for the more costly skill of the macro.

Still worth it as watching lots of cooldowns and using lots of buttons can be quite a pain.

Not as simple of some macros you can mash, but not too hard either, just get used to it over a day or two and you won't even have to think about it.

Also you can mash the macro when you wanna skip the higher priority but more energy expensive skill, which in some case can come in handy.

Sword of Telara

seriously guyz, we should always have enough energy to do any ability we want to do! i dont see why they are limiting us! they gave us a 1s GCD for a reason! it totally dosnt make since that they only give us enough energy to use 1 attack (on average ) every 1.5 seconds like every other class in the game!

!

Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble macroing Bull's Eye & Deadeye Shot?
    Known issue, there are several threads on it.

Just roll MM/BD, energy problem solved.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    seriously guyz, we should always have enough energy to do any ability we want to do! i dont see why they are limiting us! they gave us a 1s GCD for a reason! it totally dosnt make since that they only give us enough energy to use 1 attack (on average ) every 1.5 seconds like every other class in the game!
    Avg is bound by energy generation, but you have the ability to burst more popping 3 attacks in 2 secs as a rogue, on an openning, or when being kited, after a stun, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast