+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Idea for marksman

  1. #1
    Soulwalker aems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24

    Default Idea for marksman

    Always thought there was something missing from rogue, that's stealth for marksman.
    Generally you can go assassin and still get stealth.. But it would be more enjoyable if snipers pedestal was .. well more 'sniper' like.

    So the idea goes like this, you lay down your sniper pedestal and you break into stealth after a second or two, the hot bar changes and what ever target you select has 5 combo points, with the points spent into marksman and gaining the pedestal you gain a new skill with the name Sure Shot or something.
    You cant move, its like a camouflage and the pedestal cant be seen by other people too.
    After making this 'sure shot you can quickly do a bulls eye and hit hasted shot or something and go to town..

    But this is just a last idea pitch before the patch hits.. '
    Thanks Trion for considering the rogue class an update
    Cheers,
    -Aems

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aems View Post
    Always thought there was something missing from rogue, that's stealth for marksman.
    Generally you can go assassin and still get stealth.. But it would be more enjoyable if snipers pedestal was .. well more 'sniper' like.

    So the idea goes like this, you lay down your sniper pedestal and you break into stealth after a second or two, the hot bar changes and what ever target you select has 5 combo points, with the points spent into marksman and gaining the pedestal you gain a new skill with the name Sure Shot or something.
    You cant move, its like a camouflage and the pedestal cant be seen by other people too.
    After making this 'sure shot you can quickly do a bulls eye and hit hasted shot or something and go to town..

    But this is just a last idea pitch before the patch hits.. '
    Thanks Trion for considering the rogue class an update
    Cheers,
    -Aems
    I like this concept. It also fits into my notion of how rogues should have initial burst dmg from stealth. Makes wonder how OP it would be if there were half a dozen stealthed snipers waiting for an uber crit on each side of the codex.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker GreenStoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    416

    Default

    tbh mm base dmg is so low you pretty much have to go sin/nb for it to reach decent amounts

    we as ranged are pigeonholed into subing melee specs to get dmg, so at this point any mm build i do has stealth thru nb or sin

    not the biggest issue at this point imo ;p

    mm need a "+x% dmg for each point spent in the marksman soul over x"

    also a look at static shot and retreat would be nice

    i wouldnt mind dumping the pedestal either
    Down the rabbit hole...

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStoned View Post
    tbh mm base dmg is so low you pretty much have to go sin/nb for it to reach decent amounts

    we as ranged are pigeonholed into subing melee specs to get dmg, so at this point any mm build i do has stealth thru nb or sin

    not the biggest issue at this point imo ;p

    mm need a "+x% dmg for each point spent in the marksman soul over x"

    also a look at static shot and retreat would be nice

    i wouldn't mind dumping the pedestal either
    I feel the same way about pedestal; its obviously for pve use and directly goes against all the other mobility skills the MM has.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentraedi View Post
    I feel the same way about pedestal; its obviously for pve use and directly goes against all the other mobility skills the MM has.
    Devs said it best, you get either more damage or more mobility, you can't have both. That being said the MM damage itself is still abysmal. Hopefully after the patch they will be more in line. Once that happens then they can adress the issue of Warriors and Mages being able to face smash their keyboards and do higher dps then us.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 04-29-2011 at 10:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts