+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No T2 for me, at a loss!

Soulwalker

Default No T2 for me, at a loss!

Hey all I just recently got to 50 and have been busting butt trying to get geared out in T1 dungeons so I can start running T2s and, in time, raids. However, I've been hearing a lot of mixed messages about what is required for a geared dps rogue to do well in a T2 environment. One told me + 100 hit, then I was told +120 hit. My character is nearly geared entirely in epic loots from crafting and dungeons but I still can't seem to land a spot in a T2 group due to numbers.

So, my question is: What is the minimum to reach for attack power, crit, hit, health, dodge... everything. I'd really like to start doing these T2s sometime this year.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Aiodana; 04-29-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Sez

+100 hit and 450 dps unbuffed. Any lower and people are going to groan.

Also, read up on boss fights so you don't look like a complete newbie.

If you have lots of purple gear, people will usually assume you are good enough.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

NM, i fail, misread.

Sez speaks truthiness
    Last edited by Rxauin; 04-29-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    Rxa
    Riftstalker Tank
    Officer of <Element Zero> on Belmont

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    +100 hit and 450 dps unbuffed. Any lower and people are going to groan.

Also, read up on boss fights so you don't look like a complete newbie.

If you have lots of purple gear, people will usually assume you are good enough.
    And to add to this, if some **** demands you capable of doing 600+ DPS unbuffed on a dummy else you can't get in the group, then you're probably better off not running with the idiot that actually thinks that's required.

Its one thing to prefer super high DPS to make a run go really quick, but its entirely another to demand entry with something really ridiculous.

Sez has it right.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

As stated, you need 100 hit at least (Reaching more is a cake walk though)
    When it come's to DPS requirement, if someone (When i actually was a dps and not a tank like i am now) asked me about my dps i'd just ignore and look again.
    Cant stand people caring about those numbers and wish the program was never made, make's these game's too elitist, now i only run with friends and we do fine.

If your mostly in epics from T1's and crafts then you're stats should not be bad at all.

A guild is also something that will help.
    Last edited by AlexE; 04-29-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

Its easier to get dps gear if you spec riftstalker and tank. I geared my rogue in full T2 dps/tank set in a week because i tank if i went just DPS only i would prolly be in like 1-2 piece dps set since nobody wants a rogue cause theres A. 2 million rogues on your server. B. they auto assume your terrible and can't break 500 dps cause your 1 of 2 million said rogues.

Shadowlander

What ive found to help me is everytime you do a expert dungeon, add your group members to your friends list and just pm them when ever you want to do a run, eventually youll have a bunch of ppl that you run dungeons with on a regular basis and will get into T2's quickly, im getting into T2s with a couple greens still and do just fine just gotta make sure you got enough hit thats all

o and also always have a bard role just incase you need to role as an offhealer, i prefer to do 51 bard to get verse of joy for that extra burst and also if your healer happens to run outta mana for some reason
    Last edited by mudshovell; 04-30-2011 at 09:40 AM.

only requirement for a rogue in t2 is sustaining 500dps at both ranged and melee on movement fights. then having 100 hit. if you can achieve this with greens then you are good enough for t2.

the thought that you need full t1 before going to 2 needs to stop. full t1 allows you to do raids imo, not t2. t2 can be done the moment you learn your class and have the right amount of hit. all you need as a rogue is a good 1her (can be bought off AH) and a decent bow if ranged (spined compound is more than enough for t2).

unfortunately, experience wins out period. if you have never done the t2 you are trying, the group will want someone who has, this is where you get friends and grind them out for the first time with them before joining pugs.

edit: the 500dps might be a little high, that is the min requirement for eDSM (the hardest t2), other t2s may not require this (well CC might, just depends on your group/strats). but you def want to try to get to this number even if 400 might be enough for the fight you are doing. for a benchmark, i was able to sustain 600dps at ranged the day i hit 50 in quest blues/greens as a sabo (before the nerf), now you have to be more creative but back then it was super easy to get into a t2 due to our dps being the highest.
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 04-30-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    only requirement for a rogue in t2 is sustaining 500dps at both ranged and melee on movement fights. then having 100 hit. if you can achieve this with greens then you are good enough for t2.

the thought that you need full t1 before going to 2 needs to stop. full t1 allows you to do raids imo, not t2. t2 can be done the moment you learn your class and have the right amount of hit. all you need as a rogue is a good 1her (can be bought off AH) and a decent bow if ranged (spined compound is more than enough for t2).

unfortunately, experience wins out period. if you have never done the t2 you are trying, the group will want someone who has, this is where you get friends and grind them out for the first time with them before joining pugs.

edit: the 500dps might be a little high, that is the min requirement for eDSM (the hardest t2), other t2s may not require this (well CC might, just depends on your group/strats). but you def want to try to get to this number even if 400 might be enough for the fight you are doing. for a benchmark, i was able to sustain 600dps at ranged the day i hit 50 in quest blues/greens as a sabo (before the nerf), now you have to be more creative but back then it was super easy to get into a t2 due to our dps being the highest.
    500 hundred maybe the check with Trions thinking that the fights on bosses were designed for 1 heal. The problem is most pugs need 2 heals chlor and cleric which means your 2 traditional DPs rolls need to be pulling 650 to 750 to make up for the 300 dps the Chlor is doing. The DPs check is not 1000 in T2 bosses its 1500 to 2 k and some mechanics the bosses do some crappy things if the fight goes on too long. And there is no way to achieve those numbers in Green Hok come on man you know that

Shadowlander

i do about 500-600 dps but most the time on the bosses im the offheal with barding since im usually the lowest geared rogue and we rarely have more than one cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Wifeagro View Post
    500 hundred maybe the check with Trions thinking that the fights on bosses were designed for 1 heal. The problem is most pugs need 2 heals chlor and cleric which means your 2 traditional DPs rolls need to be pulling 650 to 750 to make up for the 300 dps the Chlor is doing. The DPs check is not 1000 in T2 bosses its 1500 to 2 k and some mechanics the bosses do some crappy things if the fight goes on too long. And there is no way to achieve those numbers in Green Hok come on man you know that
    actually this is not true. im talking 500dps for 2 players only, the tank and support should make up the slack. the only t2 dps check boss that HAS to be done with a dps check is the rhino in dsm, and 500 dps is enough so long as you guys know how to use cooldowns on the last crystal.

eliam in RD can be done with 500 dps each so long as the healer and tank both pick up targets and kill them, waterjet is more than enough, he never spawns more than 7 adds so even if your dps is terrible you keep getting 7 adds till he dies. the gatekeeper in dsm can be done with under 500 dps so long as you have an ms debuff on him and get the earth crystals down at a rate less than your dps to the boss.

the stupid boss in CC can be cheesed with low dps, 500 is not needed there. no other boss has a stupid mechanic which makes you lose if you don't have enough dps... 500 is enough for both dps assuming cleric/chloro healers and a tank doing 150-200dps.

ive done every t2 more times than i can count and have come up with these numbers with experience and bringing pugs thru DSM.

keep in mind, 300 dps is enough for all of eAP, all of eDD, and all but the last boss of eRD, i would not go to CC with crap dps, not because it can't be done, but because it is too heal intensive for low dps, if your healers are super geared you can carry a deadweight thru CC but def not DSM, in DSM you need 500dps minimum, and that is at the worst, you should be able to burst up to 700-800 when the time calls.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    actually this is not true. im talking 500dps for 2 players only, the tank and support should make up the slack. the only t2 dps check boss that HAS to be done with a dps check is the rhino in dsm, and 500 dps is enough so long as you guys know how to use cooldowns on the last crystal.

eliam in RD can be done with 500 dps each so long as the healer and tank both pick up targets and kill them, waterjet is more than enough, he never spawns more than 7 adds so even if your dps is terrible you keep getting 7 adds till he dies. the gatekeeper in dsm can be done with under 500 dps so long as you have an ms debuff on him and get the earth crystals down at a rate less than your dps to the boss.

the stupid boss in CC can be cheesed with low dps, 500 is not needed there. no other boss has a stupid mechanic which makes you lose if you don't have enough dps... 500 is enough for both dps assuming cleric/chloro healers and a tank doing 150-200dps.

ive done every t2 more times than i can count and have come up with these numbers with experience and bringing pugs thru DSM.

keep in mind, 300 dps is enough for all of eAP, all of eDD, and all but the last boss of eRD, i would not go to CC with crap dps, not because it can't be done, but because it is too heal intensive for low dps, if your healers are super geared you can carry a deadweight thru CC but def not DSM, in DSM you need 500dps minimum, and that is at the worst, you should be able to burst up to 700-800 when the time calls.
    you must be rolling with a mage DPs then in your Static we have 2 elee DPs prudcing 500 consistent i usally do 6 and some of the fights are barely gettin by DD is the exception as every boss there is a gimme even scarn . AP is so damn buggy its hard to guage what the check there is DSM is a definate 700 min req if you cant hold a burst for 20 seconds 700 + on some of those fights you wont get through. Strictly stating that these things are rough on pugs and most give up in the first couple of wipes cause they dont have 4 and a half hours to learn the zone

Soulwalker

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions. I took a lot of what each of you mentioned and applied it to my Assassin/NB and Bard/NB roles and got some great results. My heals in t1 dungeons are around 400hps and dps is nearing ~400+. I still have a long way to go but most of my gear is epic from crafting and plaques.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread