+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Saboteur] PvP Discussion & Suggestion Thread

Default [Saboteur] PvP Discussion & Suggestion Thread

Alright, I started toying a bit with the Saboteur soul for PvP. The soul is definitively fun to play and can produce some serious "OMG! How did I do that??" moments. However you can sense that the soul is terribly lacking in utility and the gameplay is a bit too... extreme. The process when dealing damage is soo slow, and during this whole time, the target doesn't take that much damage, but when you get to the Detonate moment, its splendid ! Also you do not have that much option when you are targeted by the enemy, nothing in the soul add survivability, and when you are dealing with other ranged, Adhesive Bomb and Concussion Charges won't really help you as much as they do against a melee.

I have not been around to see the difference between the saboteur pre-nerf and the one we have right now, so I would also be interested in knowing what was the ACTUAL power level of the soul before the nerfs. Did people were actually just facerolling or did it actually take some skills to score the skills.

Also I figured that the soul could use a thread where we could throw ideas about what should be done with it, what kind of gameplay you would want for the soul, and discuss the future of the soul. I mean after nerfing it so hard (according to some people) they are bound to buff it right ?...

My idea of the Saboteur would be a slow, durable engine of destruction. Melee get to close on us, and can actually beat our faces, but with some CDs we could pretty much stand it, and continue building our charges, AB and stunning them from time to time to create a gap. Something like a passive reduction to damage taken in the tree would be really nice, coupled with a short duration Defensive CD. Since we have no real kitting mechanisms (Adhesive Bomb is goood, but it's only one ability, and melee have enough gap closer), and we are not based on mobility like MM, I truly think the solution for Sabs would be higher defenses.

Against a ranged, we could use something that break line of sight! That would fit the Saboteur pretty well, something like a Smoke Bomb ability. We avoid their most dangerous phases and spells for a moment, and then when continue the dps race to see who will go down first!

I think the soul could use more consistent damage between Detonates too. Making Spike Charges deals ok damage over time and have the charges increase the duration of the DOT instead of increase the damage would be great, the tick could help in bringing down the target more effectively.

The Sabs has pretty good damage, but the application of this damage is inefficient. The only would be to give us some moderate dot to close the gap and additional defenses. Anyway that's just my silly ideas, what do you guys think about Saboteur gameplay?
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

Soulwalker

If you want more defense in your sab just use riftstalker as a soul to get defense abilities or MM for the knockback or an extra dps soul to give the enemy a reason to run.
    When life gives you fire you make a nightblade.

Lol, I thought about that, but there is very important problem to that is that Rift Guard ask you to sacrifice combo points for the defense. Sure Exceptional Resilience and the other low-level points in RS makes for some good mitigation, but they won't stop most of the damage another player will throw at you. Also, in the case someone would not want to invest in RS, there need to be at least CDs in the Sab tree to cover the defenses we inherently need since eventually our gap will be closed, and whatever we do, casters can just keep shooting at us.
    ============ The Bard Soul Need A Total Rework! ============
    How to Make Bards More Fun! - Active Motifs vs. Passive Motifs.
    Bards Mechanics, Why They Are Lame - A Featured article on Rift Junkie discussing the Bard.
    The Bard as Pure Support - A 25+ page Thread on the role of Support and how it hold back Bards.
    Support/DPS Bard Prototype Soul - A prototype good Bard that would belong in the Rogue calling.

A GOOD Saboteur Prototype Soul Tree! - No need for Nerfs!!

Soulwalker

Ahhh...i have an idea but it requires some points in sab to get that skill which allows you to be healed with every hit that you get but i don't know if it works with detonation
    When life gives you fire you make a nightblade.

+ Reply to Thread