+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lvling spec

Soulwalker

Default Lvling spec

Anyone who knows where i can find the best possible lvling strategy for a rogue? I went bard for lvl 1-20 (16 so far) but, after that, what do i combine it with, do i go away? Anyway, a semi-guide or something would be awesome.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by slackerony View Post
    Anyone who knows where i can find the best possible lvling strategy for a rogue? I went bard for lvl 1-20 (16 so far) but, after that, what do i combine it with, do i go away? Anyway, a semi-guide or something would be awesome.
    Bard + ranger till 31

and have a look at sintour leveling spec for 30+. Scroll down to find sintour.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...er-lvl30/page2

Soulwalker

god damnit that was a fast response, appreciate it, thanks!

Shadowlander

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SaShiMe View Post
    Bard + ranger till 31

and have a look at sintour leveling spec for 30+. Scroll down to find sintour.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...er-lvl30/page2
    Bard+Ranger the staple for starting out or is that just an off-shoot advice for Bard specifically? I just got the game and havent even logged in yet. Patching almost done on this rediculous patch client. I see no guides or recommendations for lvl 1+ stuff. The possibilities seem endless though I dont want to gimp my spec.

FYI im a WoW refugee. Would appreciate any links or help here.

Honestly, anything + Ranger for the first 30 levels will do pretty well. The starter pet is a tank, which means you can go squishy ranged, or slightly less squishy melee and do fine. When you start getting "excess" points (i.e - you can't sink them into your main soul) put them in Ranger. Around the time you'll get that fourth point you'll get a heal for your pet, which is right around when you'll start needing it. (And hey - +crit and the bleeding arrow shot are a nice bonus.)

I went (more or less) Saboteur/Ranger/whatever for my first 30 levels, and had little trouble. I couldn't self heal, but I really didn't need to all that much. After about level 32 the starter pets stops being useful, so at that point you can spec deeper into Ranger for a pet upgrade, or go to a petless build. (I swapped to Nightblade/Riftstalker around 33, and it's quite sexy.)
    Last edited by Dao Jones; 04-30-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    Honestly, anything + Ranger for the first 30 levels will do pretty well. The starter pet is a tank, which means you can go squishy ranged, or slightly less squishy melee and do fine. When you start getting "excess" points (i.e - you can't sink them into your main soul) put them in Ranger. Around the time you'll get that fourth point you'll get a heal for your pet, which is right around when you'll start needing it. (And hey - +crit and the bleeding arrow shot are a nice bonus.)

I went (more or less) Saboteur/Ranger/whatever for my first 30 levels, and had little trouble. I couldn't self heal, but I really didn't need to all that much. After about level 32 the starter pets stops being useful, so at that point you can spec deeper into Ranger for a pet upgrade, or go to a petless build. (I swapped to Nightblade/Riftstalker around 33, and it's quite sexy.)
    Sab/NB/Rift @ 33? And if so could you link your build? Ill try Main/Ranger/?? tomorrow. Wondering if Bard or Sab is better. Guess we'll see Thx for reply.

xao
    Soulwalker

Default Assassin

I was playing Assassin with some riftstalker and it works just fine.

I have also found Bladedancer buid good for PVE like this one http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oRRMdz.0VMcx0b

Quote Originally Posted by SquidLegs View Post
    Sab/NB/Rift @ 33? And if so could you link your build? Ill try Main/Ranger/?? tomorrow. Wondering if Bard or Sab is better. Guess we'll see Thx for reply.
    I'm currently Nightblade/Riftstalker/Bladedancer. Here's the build at level 35: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mip_.Vutkuogooo.VI0h

I wouldn't necessarily suggest that I'm the most experienced Rogue (my old main is a Cleric), so I'm sure someone would be able to tweak that build better than I did. Also, I'm on a PvP server and PvP quite often, so getting to Fell Blades quickly was a priority for me. If you're just leveling/PvE'ing you probably don't need to go nearly so deep so soon into NB. Heck - for a pure leveling spec this is probably not all that good.

If you just want to level quickly, 4 points in a stealth class (NB or 'Sin) let you sneak past mobs to get to quest objectives more easily. Points in Ranger give you a tank pet. Points in Riftstalker or Bard gives you a bit of extra survivability and a way to self-heal. After that, it's simply a matter of choosing AoE damage for grinding versus ST damage for quest objective kills.

I think a lot of Rogues level as pure Rangers. It's fairly safe, they have decent AoE and ST damage, and the tank pet can make life easier.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Plane Touched

Why does everyone suggest bd/rs? Bd damage is so pitiful that the crappy aoe you gain isn't worth it.

Ranger/bard is easy mode, so is sin/13pointRS. Grab rift scavenger and any soul that kills quick.

+ Reply to Thread