+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riftstalker Hit?

Default Riftstalker Hit?

I did my first T2 last night, AP, and things seemed alright besides those GODDARN MOTHER TRUCKING little crab adds that pop out. But I did notice I missed alot, I would attempt to get my finishers up only to find I had to hit the button 2-3 times to actually hit, and when it's your first Guarded steel in an AOE pack this can be devastating. My hit is only at 40, and I'm curious if I need to look for hit items and sacrifice tanking stats on certain slots, or perhaps rune for hit?

I was mulling around seeing if I saw this addressed and all I could find was a discussion regarding the bow in xKB vs a hit bow in... XRD?

Any help would be nice?

Champion

Yes you do need to get hit, though its not as big a sacrifice as you'd think.

More or less every tier weapon will have hit, so if you get 2 tiered tank weapons (daggers from final boss of IT for instance) that's your start.

Add to that 2 rings, the trigger fingers from FC are good for that, thats 32 alone, and a necklace (should be another 10 at least)

And your more or less there.

For higher content (raids) you may want to put a few accurate runes or use a high hit dps weapon in one hand, but you'll also start getting hit on your tank armour then (t2 gloves have a nice dollop of hit for instance.)

Extremely helpfu! Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by fftide04 View Post
    Extremely helpfu! Thanks alot!
    There are Runes you can put on your Head and Legs that give 5 ap and 18 Hit, called Radiant Accurate Rune, or something like that.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Shadowlander

The legs is a bit of a sacrifice though, as there's also that +9 endurace, +9 dodge rune that can go there...You should be able to get more than enough hit though, especially with the rings. And don't forget getting a ranged weapon with hit.

Telaran

There are 2 rings you can purchase from the Order of Mathos Quartermaster if you are decorated and they each give 20 hit and there is an amulet from the dragonslayers that adds another 26. As others have mentioned your weapons should have hit too including your ranged weapon so you should have no problem getting more than 100. Like you said this is very important for consistant threat generation consistant combo point generating and making sure your finishers/buffs always stay up.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by fftide04 View Post
    I did my first T2 last night, AP, and things seemed alright besides those GODDARN MOTHER TRUCKING little crab adds that pop out. But I did notice I missed alot, I would attempt to get my finishers up only to find I had to hit the button 2-3 times to actually hit, and when it's your first Guarded steel in an AOE pack this can be devastating. My hit is only at 40, and I'm curious if I need to look for hit items and sacrifice tanking stats on certain slots, or perhaps rune for hit?

I was mulling around seeing if I saw this addressed and all I could find was a discussion regarding the bow in xKB vs a hit bow in... XRD?

Any help would be nice?
    It's just your gear. You WILL reach the hit cap just by accumulating better tank gear. My first AP run sucked for that same reason.

If you're at 100 toughness, consider stacking gear with Endurance and Hit on it...Endurance is our best defensive stat by far, so if a piece of gear has e.g. 5 more endurance, 15 more hit, and loses either the dodge or the parry, it's, in fact, an upgrade. That's what I did and it closed the gear gap very quickly.

(edit) and a nice trick for the turdlings in AP is to drop a Memory Capture and tell everyone "stand in the glowing dot". Their minimum charge range is 3 yards, so if you warp back to that after the pull, and everyone grouped up correctly, the turdlings won't cause any trouble. Don't ask how many wipes it took me to learn that, though.
    Last edited by Ampere; 04-29-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun47 View Post
    The legs is a bit of a sacrifice though, as there's also that +9 endurace, +9 dodge rune that can go there...You should be able to get more than enough hit though, especially with the rings. And don't forget getting a ranged weapon with hit.
    Hit is definitely worth the loss in Endurance and Dodge. We can't maintain finishers and our largest source of mitigation without being able to consistently roll out builders/finishers. First priority should be Toughness, then Hit, then maximize your Dodge/Parry (Dodge before Parry) on your optional stats. I don't even put Endurance or Armor in there because frankly getting appropriate Toughness/Hit will ensure you have more than enough Endurance/Armor and not pushing yourself to 11k in favor of maintaining a Hit cap is certainly worth it in T1/T2 content.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Plane Walker

How much +Hit should a riftstalker tank have for T2 content and raid content?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    Hit is definitely worth the loss in Endurance and Dodge. We can't maintain finishers and our largest source of mitigation without being able to consistently roll out builders/finishers. First priority should be Toughness, then Hit, then maximize your Dodge/Parry (Dodge before Parry) on your optional stats. I don't even put Endurance or Armor in there because frankly getting appropriate Toughness/Hit will ensure you have more than enough Endurance/Armor and not pushing yourself to 11k in favor of maintaining a Hit cap is certainly worth it in T1/T2 content.
    The way I look at most of my gear (this is generalizing)

chest, boots, legs shoulders: max toughness
    Weapons (including ranged), rings, amulets, gloves: max +hit up to 220

Everything else is stats based and should be ordered in the following priority
    Dex>Str>Dodge>Parry>Endurance

Armor and Dps generally go hand and hand with the stat order above btu should also be considered.

Note that 220 hit is for raiding and anything above 100 for t2 is not going to be of much use but I'm assuming you want to raid eventually.
    it is possible to get 220 hit with just items and that way you are able to enchant your items with stats that are more beneficial.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    How much +Hit should a riftstalker tank have for T2 content and raid content?
    Same as a DPS. You can't afford to let your attacks miss.

T1 = 50
    T2 = 100
    Raid = 200

The raid hit cap is debated. You'll read anywhere from 150-220 on these forums. But those are the numbers to shoot for, and reaching 100 is extremely easy.
    Last edited by Ampere; 04-29-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post

T1 = 50
    T2 = 100
    Raid = 200

The raid hit cap is debated. You'll read anywhere from 150-220 on these forums. But those are the numbers to shoot for, and reaching 100 is extremely easy.
    I don't know about GSB, but doing a death raid rift last night 170ish wasn't enough to negate tons of dodges. I never missed, but I was dodged an amazingly large amount of times. Upon completion I received my Mask from the Saga quest, and swapping a weapon out was able to put me up to 220.

I hope that the dodging issues I was having won't exist for future raid content I encounter from rifts through GSB.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post

T1 = 50
    T2 = 100
    Raid = 200

Bear in mind those aren't the cap #'s, those are just numbers so you don't miss alot >.<,
    i have 100 hit and still miss more often then i care to in T2's.

Rift Disciple

I've been dodged by raid bosses at 210 hit. When I 225 I stopped seeing dodges.

It's my belief that 220 is raid hit cap.
    Rxa
    Riftstalker Tank
    Officer of <Element Zero> on Belmont

Plane Touched

if you play in the order intended, you wont run into these problems.

run AP/CC normal til you have roughly 50 toughness and 50 hit....then start doing T1s til you got 100 toughness and 100 hit....then start doing T2s....when you get 150 hit and toughness, start tanking raids...its a progression. if you skip a step, you will be sorely noticed cause as a rogue tank, if you cant hold aggro well or get your mitigation up, you are more than useless.

So really you dont need to gimp anything to get those stats, you just need to go in the order intended and gather the appropriate gear.

and yea, those scutlers in AP expert are tough pulls for riftstalkers, but with planning and a good group and good skills, you can do it. DOnt let your healer pre-HOT you or they will pull aggro. If you have space (which often you dont cause of other groups nearby), warp in and hit your aoe move, then hit the pullin move (cant remember names right now)...this SHOULD stick them to you except through the highest of AOE dps...and those people should know to wait a bit longer....once you got those 3 CP, hit your guarded steel right away....wont last that full minute, but will still give you same armour buff AND the extra 20% threat you need....then switch targets, build 5 CP and hit your rift guard...then switch again and do 5 point guarded steel, then switch and do false blade...everytime your aoe move CD is up, use it. with this strategy, i can tank those guys fine, as long as your aoe dps knows to hold a few seconds, and your healer is expecting somewhat spikey damage at beginning.

if you have to range pull one to bring them over, your group just needs to be extra careful to stand behind you and not to dps/overheal til you got aggro....pull one, they will come running, then use rotation as above...

hope that helps. those are one of the toughest pulls in T2 expert

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast