+ Reply to Thread

Thread: riftstalker question

Shadowlander

Default riftstalker question

I've had some issues lately with someone healing me while I tank. He's warden mostly I think and I tend to die like nobodies business.

I've not had this issue with other clerics. Yet this guy does a fine job of keeping a warrior tank alive. So there seems to be a bit of a problem with being kept alive until my buffs are up, and even with them up the hots just aren't doing it.

Any comments welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by innui View Post
    I've had some issues lately with someone healing me while I tank. He's warden mostly I think and I tend to die like nobodies business.

I've not had this issue with other clerics. Yet this guy does a fine job of keeping a warrior tank alive. So there seems to be a bit of a problem with being kept alive until my buffs are up, and even with them up the hots just aren't doing it.

Any comments welcome!
    Blow your 51 point immunity, or invest in quicksteps.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Telaran

Any comments welcome!
    I found wardens were not a good match for the ramp-up of Riftstalker tanks. A Purifier cleric, chloro... anyone really, is better. The warden needs to layer a lot on you for them to be rolling, and a riftstalker is slower to get mitigation going, and yet quick to start taking dmg and aggro'n. Using Rift Prison on the hard hitting mob buys time, and then using sidesteps (bladedancer) or your 30% mitigation power in RS tree will buy a little more time.

Shadowlander

Yeah I would normally save those abilities for oh **** moments but every pull turns into one, even a 3 mob pull in expert FC had me reaching for them

Guess I'll just have to suck it up and slow down

Telaran

Yeah I would normally save those abilities for oh **** moments but every pull turns into one, even a 3 mob pull in expert FC had me reaching for them

Guess I'll just have to suck it up and slow down
    Or just ask your warden to get a Purifier role (great for keeping 1 person alive, with extra shielding for you early on).

+ Reply to Thread