Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 32 NB for pvp = must ?

Sword of Telara

Default 32 NB for pvp = must ?

is it a must?
    it sure looks like it.
    but by this we have much less freedom to choose our build =/

Default Pretty much, yes!

Either you go 51 assassin/15 infiltrator so you have sick burst or a build with 32 NB.
    Nothing comes close to it.
    Heal debuff + SoD are one of the best abilities rogue has for PvP.

Telaran

51 assassin is good but your mobility will suffer heavily.

If you want to go up against healers you need fell blades from 32NB, you could problably kill them without NB in world PvP but you will still have to work for it, forget about killing a healer in warfronts without fell blades.

Prophet of Telara

For the most part. That's exactly why Anathema should be turned into a poison - so EVERY build doesn't have to have 32 NB just to do a Rogue's job. Even my marksman has 32NB, because it is that necessary.

Plane Touched

I would even go further and say that 32NB+15Infi=must, for both healing debuffs

Cleric is new FOTM, and will be even stronger in next patch. There is actually more clerics than pyros in my battlegroup, so I wouldnt leave home without these two debuffs. Even with both of them stacked its not easy to kill clerics (im totally serious), but without those its like hitting the wall, health doesnt move down from 100% even by an inch.

Champion of Telara

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want people to die in a group, you might not be able to get a better 32 points. It depends on your playstyle though.

Its obviously not a must though. It would hurt a Bard or a Rift Stalker.

I have 32 in NB for both of my DPS PvP specs.

Edit: and 15 in Infiltrator
    Last edited by Dahrken; 04-29-2011 at 06:09 PM.

NB also gives you the reach and some slows since inf nor sin have a gap closer. 51 sin/15 inf is nice to kill fang holders but outside of that you're just running around trying to keep up with everyone. I've tried inf with bd and nb for the charge and reach but the dps gets laughed off. The damage and reach from deep NB makes up for the lack of a charge though you might miss a nice foul play or weapon barrage.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Rift Disciple

I was trying multiples soul combinations, while avoiding deep NB specs. Always hitting like wet noodle. I caved in and specced into 44NB 22 Sin.
    I see i can actually kill by myself.
    Not looking back.

this is 18 into nightblade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApa0V2i8Jk
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Also another vary good high dps opener build i used to use before getting ranked up in pvp was http://riftbase.com/calc.php#_2x55ky...gbyfvqclix70y5 if you don't have the taste for nb but you want to still own people then try it out.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Sword of Telara

i maked my MM build and noticed that i'm 15 inf/32 nb/19 MM
    then i stopped for a moment and loled... MM build with 19 points... how can i even call it MM? XD

its pretty good build but still feels weird that i have 19 MM and i call to myself MM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    i maked my MM build and noticed that i'm 15 inf/32 nb/19 MM
    then i stopped for a moment and loled... MM build with 19 points... how can i even call it MM? XD

its pretty good build but still feels weird that i have 19 MM and i call to myself MM.
    Yeah I use this build as well. Does well actually. I also have my Ranger/nb/inf for when I feel like aoeing.
    Last edited by voidtek1969; 04-30-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Plane Walker

I would not call 32 NB a *must*, but it's certainly helpful. Proper use of CC effects will still allow you to kill most healers without Fell Blades, but Fell Blades is certainly a decent crutch.

Once you pick up Anathema, Fell Blades becomes distinctly less necessary. Also, once you get to rank 4, Focused Intent makes a substantial difference in your damage output.

The thing to remember, if you go after the healer you don't necessarily have to kill him...just doing sufficient damage to make him stop healing others and have to focus on healing himself is just as effective.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

32NB is absolutely not a must. There is always room for target dummies in warfronts. If your playstyle is to be a target dummy that hits like a stiff summer breeze, feel free not to spec 32 into NB.

Shadowlander

nb is a must... but 32 points is too much and i can't understand why warriors have the same ability at 17 points in the champ-tree

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast