+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So are "Lost Hope" and "Incapacitate" being nerfed for PVP?

Default So are "Lost Hope" and "Incapacitate" being nerfed for PVP?

Do I understand the notes right that if you use one of those to set up a target you will not be able to use "foul play"?

If so sneak attack builds just became much less effective.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Yes

He who conquers the left side rules the world

Ughhh.

The main thing that made my NB/SIN modertely useful(still gimp compared to a PVP warrior) was that "Lost Hope" could be used to dictate terms of engagments.

Now there is even less reason to mess with a rogue.

We need a massive damage increase.

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Telaran

It's a good change, because it was cheap. If you want to slow someone down, use it (or better, use it on a pet then go after the master). However, if you were a true killer, you'd simply open with an attack, not have to 'set them up just right'.

Maybe I'm biased as a sin/rb, and I teleport into position and strike, but frankly, it was silly that there was no penalty for going to the enemy, "Just stay right like... that... yeah, one sec, okay, now I'm gonna kill you"

Quote Originally Posted by ucffool View Post

Maybe I'm biased.....
    Really - you think so?

Rift Blade and Blade Dancer both have an attack that closes distance. The reason assassins and NBs like "Lost Hope" is it lets use close distance without a special attack that does it for us.

Could you make the case easier that warping up close is "cheap."

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Plane Touched

Assassin's Lost Hope is melee range anyway, not a gap closer. I use it to mess with people that are travelling between places, like delaying the carrier in Whitefall till the team arrives.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    Assassin's Lost Hope is melee range anyway, not a gap closer. I use it to mess with people that are travelling between places, like delaying the carrier in Whitefall till the team arrives.
    You mean incapacitate is melee.

Plane Touched

Whatever Trevor

personally i never opened with stun because jagged strike did so much dmg, and only use foul play to interrupt a cast (which you can still do), foul play will just be on DR so 2 seconds after you lost hope, ill take a 2 second stun...

not much of a change for someone like me that goes balls to the wall when opening up on someone instead of trying to play it safe/defensively.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

Eh, 2 second Foul Play is still useful. I use it mostly to interrupt spells or stop a person from running away so I can catch up to them and snare them anyway.

I can see some situations where it would hurt not to have the initial 4 seconds on it, but I don't think it will ruin everyone opening you have.

I love Lost Hope for world pvp because it lets me dismount players from range while maintaining stealth so they can't get away from me. If our DPS is higher I'd consider the loss of 2 secs on a low % of Foul Play casts for the higher DPS.
    Last edited by The Unseen; 04-29-2011 at 12:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread