+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please remove Nightblade from the game

Shadowlander

Default Please remove Nightblade from the game

Nightblade is ruining the the Rogue class at the moment.

What?! ? You say.... let me explain.

Right now if you are going to do any good at anything, (especially pvp) you have to have some flavor of NB. 32NB/ ? /? or even better 44 NB /?/?.

In fact the entire rogue class is so overly gimp that if you don't have NB you are crippling yourself.
    You need NB for the +15% combos and finishers, SoD (best Rogue dps talent! but on a 30 sec cooldown ), Heat retention, Fell blades and a few other choice things.

Can you imagine trying to pvp without NB? I don't know if you have played any other classes in pvp but the difference is night and day. ( My pyro does so much more in pvp than any 2 rogues there is not even a close comparison.)

Because every decent rogue hinges off NB the amount of overall suck the rogues have at the moment is not really showcased.

Its a sad fact that we only have one really functional soul that everyone HAS to have in order to do decent.

The amount of "buffage" that is on alpha is a joke for rogues btw. The ENTIRE class needs 15% combos and finsihers and that could be removed from NB and NB given something else. The ENTIRE class needs a "burst on cooldown SoD". The ENTIRE class needs a real heal debuff. (Anethema doesn't cut it either btw.)

My guild is the top guild on the top pvp server, all we do is pvp, if I need a easy kill I just look for a purple bar, if I want a headache I look for a blue bar. The game imbalance is staggering.

I pvp without NB (Sin/BD/RS) and perform just fine, i kill most my targets, unless it's a cleric.
    NB to me is very boring.

32NB/32sin has the highest PVP damage you can get.

Even making the best possible use of NB its still gimp against good PVP builds of other classes.

On the other hand its completely great for ganking PVE builds in the open world.
    Last edited by Ghoest9; 04-29-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

agree, all the low teir talents need to be changed and all rogues should get them passively to make up for it. every rogue combo point generation ability should get a 19% dmg boost and every finisher another 19% dmg boost and all the low teir dmg boosting talents should be taken away. while they are at it, our crit multiplier should be changed and the 20% crit bonus from assassin changed. these things should be passive and ALL rogues should have them by default, this would allow us to spec however the hell we want without losing 28 points from the start that have to go into nb and sin.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

38 mm / sin / inf is fine without nb. usually at the top or top 2 or 3 in the important stats and and at the bottom or towards the bottom in deaths. Win way more WFs than we lose. But I hardly ever pvp without a full group that includes at least 1 cleric and 1 bard. I see nothing wrong with spec'ing without nb.
    Aeonian Prophecy - Emberlord

Plane Walker

I know this is anecdotal, but on my server we only have a few guilds that are raiding. A friend of mine was telling me that his guild will only allow DPS rogues into their raids if they are a very specific DPS build that can push 1K DPS in the raid (I think its either NB or Sin). All other DPS rogue builds need not apply. Kinda sad.
    Last edited by Godzillamax; 04-29-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
    I pvp without NB (Sin/BD/RS) and perform just fine, i kill most my targets, unless it's a cleric.
    NB to me is very boring.
    well with my assa/nb spec i even kill clerics, and i still have blues and 2 epics

i would prefer to play some bd combinations, but yeah for pvp, you have to skill at least 32 points in nb or until you get sod

Shadowlander

38 mm / sin / inf is fine without nb. usually at the top or top 2 or 3 in the important stats and and at the bottom or towards the bottom in deaths. Win way more WFs than we lose. But I hardly ever pvp without a full group that includes at least 1 cleric and 1 bard. I see nothing wrong with spec'ing without nb.
    In other words, my team carries me to victory......

agree, all the low teir talents need to be changed and all rogues should get them passively to make up for it. every rogue combo point generation ability should get a 19% dmg boost and every finisher another 19% dmg boost and all the low teir dmg boosting talents should be taken away. while they are at it, our crit multiplier should be changed and the 20% crit bonus from assassin changed. these things should be passive and ALL rogues should have them by default, this would allow us to spec however the hell we want without losing 28 points from the start that have to go into nb and sin.
    This is exactly my point. Basicly if you want to do well, you need to spec NB. I don't really think the devs have a good clue which is a shame...

Has whining about removing a class from a game ever worked? No, seriously. Has it ever worked in the history of gaming?

Not a troll post, Im seriously wondering if complaining about a certain class has ever worked in getting it removed.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Quote Originally Posted by Dashai View Post
    My guild is the top guild on the top pvp server, all we do is pvp
    Which guild on which server?

Shadowlander

NB to me is very boring.
    So deduct .25% of player you can't kill because they are clerics, and you are left with 75% and lets say you kill "most" of those so say 2/3 of the remainder.... in other words (as you describe) you can kill about half or less of all the people you come across..... unless they are a cleric (or have one) so really.... if you break down what you said, you are not very effective in pvp, which really is my point. No NB = not effective.

We shouldn't have to have one class that all of our effectiveness hinges off of.

Shadowlander

Has whining about removing a class from a game ever worked? No, seriously. Has it ever worked in the history of gaming?

Not a troll post, Im seriously wondering if complaining about a certain class has ever worked in getting it removed.
    No, and I am not really wanting it removed, I am more pointing out that without it we are so gimp its funny. In other words 90% of our class trees are gimp that goodness of NB should be built into ALL the other classes so that we can do more than be clones of one another. The game balance is broken if the only way to be effective (even poory, btw) is to be NB because the other sould suck so badly.

Btw, not discussing which guild and server I am on...I don't want to derail this thread.

Plane Walker

do i smell Ruin?
    HERE HAVE SOME FUN DIP!!

Soulwalker

In other words, my team carries me to victory......

This is exactly my point. Basicly if you want to do well, you need to spec NB. I don't really think the devs have a good clue which is a shame...
    Everyone's team carries them to victory. You can't solo a win in a WF. It just happens that I short circuit the luck factor and make sure that I have 4 competent players and some healers in every WF I get into. That has nothing to do with whether playing a non nb spec is effective. Tactics > any spec choice. At the end of the day when you have the most damage and kbs and have 0 deaths, AND more importantly your team consistently wins WFs, that is enough evidence to me that your spec is getting the job done.

In my case, I don't use NB because it is more important to have large RANGED burst at your disposal when assisting my main assist in destroying the high value targets (mages and healers) and I prefer the higher mm abilities that negate the ability to get the 32 nb debuff. But that is my TEAM's tactic.

I would agree with you that it would be easier to world pvp having nb in your spec as that generally entails 1 v 1. However, WF's are not a 1 v 1 game.
    Aeonian Prophecy - Emberlord

Shadowlander

So deduct .25% of player you can't kill because they are clerics, and you are left with 75% and lets say you kill "most" of those so say 2/3 of the remainder.... in other words (as you describe) you can kill about half or less of all the people you come across..... unless they are a cleric (or have one) so really.... if you break down what you said, you are not very effective in pvp, which really is my point. No NB = not effective.

We shouldn't have to have one class that all of our effectiveness hinges off of.
    Wait... so... you think any class should be able to kill more than half of the people they come across? How does that work? Mathmatically, somebody has to be taking those beatings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast