+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 431DPS BD/NB/SIN. Opinions needed.

Rift Master

Default 431DPS BD/NB/SIN. Opinions needed.

Well I just hit 50 and only done a handful of experts so I don't have any T1 gear. My weapons are 25.8 main hand and 22.9 off hand with a 25.6 bow.

My spec is BD(32)/NB(16)/SIN(18). After a 7min parse I was at 431dps on the dummy. So my question is, is my DPS on par or is it lacking?

Rift Master

Go run t1s like 15 times then go run t2s 100 times then report back.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kublakan View Post
    Go run t1s like 15 times then go run t2s 100 times then report back.
    That was very unhelpful. I plan to run T1's then T2's but I'm just trying to get an idea of my current DPS.

Plane Walker

actually the spec you have chosen is a heavy gear and buff dependant spec.

my dps spec is similar 32 bd 17 nb 17 assasin

and you'll notice your numbers in this spec going up faster then other specs. (due to ap scaling skills)

also you want to focus more on ap then crit in that build.
    Last edited by bahizret; 04-29-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    —The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Konji View Post
    Well I just hit 50 and only done a handful of experts so I don't have any T1 gear. My weapons are 25.8 main hand and 22.9 off hand with a 25.6 bow.

My spec is BD(32)/NB(16)/SIN(18). After a 7min parse I was at 431dps on the dummy. So my question is, is my DPS on par or is it lacking?
    For a fresh 50, assuming your gear is mostly blue quested/crafted, with a sprinkling of green and purple, I'd say your doing okay. A DPS spec I'm currently fiddling with looks like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ahso0hbz.V0xMh

I usually hover around 700 DPS on a practice dummy with this build, it's main virtue being the power efficiency, as when I have bard/chloro cost reducer I pretty much am never energy starved. To be honest, I never used BD much and this is just something I'm kinda toying with at the moment in anticipation of the upcoming changes.
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 04-29-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    actually the spec you have chosen is a heavy gear and buff dependant spec.

my dps spec is similar 32 bd 17 nb 17 assasin

and you'll notice your numbers in this spec going up faster then other specs. (due to ap scaling skills)

also you want to focus more on ap then crit in that build.
    Thanks for the info.. My gear is mainly built around crit not AP. I like the play style of the BD/NB combo.

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    For a fresh 50, assuming your gear is mostly blue quested/crafted, with a sprinkling of green and purple, I'd say your doing okay. A DPS spec I'm currently fiddling with looks like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Ahso0hbz.V0xMh

I usually hover around 700 DPS on a practice dummy with this build, it's main virtue being the power efficiency, as when I have bard/chloro cost reducer I pretty much am never energy starved. To be honest, I never used BD much and this is just something I'm kinda toying with at the moment in anticipation of the upcoming changes.
    My build is very close to yours. The only difference is I picked up Ebon Fury in the NB and and only 1 point into Combat Comulation.

Yes nearly all my gear is from not expert zones. I have 1 weapon from an expert (pyro something) and defensive gloves and belt that I don't wear for DPS.

Rift Disciple

Not trying to be rude but you can do much better. Read this post i made about fresh 50 dps couple of days ago. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...66#post2273966 Since that post, i've improved it to 591 with no gear improvements as I have yet to run a T1. Oh the only lvl 50 crafted gear i have is the 24 dps sword. Im pretty sure i can hit 600 with a couple of tweaks.

A few things:
    -Don't parse of 7mins. The parse should last as long as your longest dps related cool-down. In my case Ebon Fury at 2 mins. You should in theory rinse and repeat except for that initial stealth attack. Plus, most non raid boss fights are less than 2 minutes with a good group.
    -Don't mess up the rotation. In a 2 min parse a single screw up can lower your dps by a significant amount.
    -Don't let Fiery Spike drop!

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread