+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Leveling?

Question Rogue Leveling?

Heya guys,

This is probably the 1000 I need help leveling-post here but cant find any so thats why I am making this post

I am level 18 now and I want to with which builds you leveled your way to level 50!

Thanks already!

Champion

Ranger for the pet and nightblade in case the pet dies. I went harvesting and when I looked again I was 50.

All the best ways to level have a ranger pet equal to your level and every not keeping the pet alive is spent on DPS.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Ranger is good. I use it a lot when fighting mobs that are higher level, or large groups. My build on that is 32 Ranger/8 nightblade, rest are in the soul of your choice.

If you're looking for a good melee build, Assassin/RS/BD is quite solid. Because of some bugs (like Slip Away not working ~70% of the time), go 30Assassin/26RS/10BD. The DPS isn't great, but it's got very good survivability, especially when dealing with groups of 3-4 mobs.

Telaran

Put 13 points into Riftstalker for Riftscavenger, Then the rest into ranger until you reach level 26. At that point create a role with 13 Riftscavenger 21 Assassin and get Improved Stealth. Keep bumping Sin until you get slip away. After that, you can mix Sin/Stalker as you like.

Soulwalker

I am currently using a 32/13/xx BD/RS/AS build. Rift scavenger keeps me at about 90% health most of the time. Dancing steel from BD causing devastation. However, I'd recommend ranger with a pet before level 30.

Please ignore the rift scavenger suggestions.

To make rift scavenger worthwhile you will end up leveling slower because of the damage you give up.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post

To make rift scavenger worthwhile you will end up leveling slower because of the damage you give up.
    Please ignore the above.
    Level fast (and kill 'group mobs solo') I did Assassin through Leeching Poison, Riftstalker through Rift Scavenger (x3), and the choices you make after that are yours. This gives you some self-healing capabilities. Make sure your third soul has a ranged attack so you can pull mobs when it's tricky to get close ( I use MM)

Oh, and try and get one of the Greater Planar Essences that do dmg to opponent and heal you (rare). check auctions. You can put only 1 in your Planar Essence, but it is the best Greater Essence for rogues IMHO.
    Last edited by ucffool; 04-29-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Shadowlander

I went with MM/Ranger/Bard and at level 17 it's been pretty good as ranged dps for solo questing!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post

I have to disagree. There are many times that once I have 5 combo points, the creature's health is already so low another non-finishing hit will kill it. I use almost no potions and typically have over 80% health after each fight.
    Last edited by Alterah; 04-29-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Alterah View Post
    I am currently using a 32/13/xx BD/RS/AS build. Rift scavenger keeps me at about 90% health most of the time. Dancing steel from BD causing devastation. However, I'd recommend ranger with a pet before level 30.
    ^This

Was in a similar situation as you, went with this and never looked back.

Telaran

One important note I'd like to add:
    It's not just about leveling... it's not hard to level in Rift, but that time should be used to also get used to skills, tricks, etc. So regardless of 'best practice', make sure you have enough of the souls you WANT to be playing later so you can get your buttons and skills ready.

Soulwalker

I reccomend 13/RS for scavenger 20/sin for leeching poison and I go rest in BD. I can go from mob to mob with 75% to 80% health, kill quickly and if I pull a group I can aoe them down fast and keep my health. I honestly find this to be the most effective leveling spec in the game, and I have tried them all including other callings. The dps is great too.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish2 View Post
    I reccomend 13/RS for scavenger 20/sin for leeching poison and I go rest in BD. I can go from mob to mob with 75% to 80% health, kill quickly and if I pull a group I can aoe them down fast and keep my health. I honestly find this to be the most effective leveling spec in the game, and I have tried them all including other callings. The dps is great too.
    See, this is where I have issues. I mean, normally i'm the one telling people to QQ more, all classes have issue get over it, but this one is just.. odd.

I want tmake an RS, like right now it's honest to god the ONLY class I want to play (5/5 in GSB 3/5 in RoS (well 4, counting the foci as one 'full' boss) as a warrior tank and i'm.. bored.

But I can't level a rogue. I have a cleric at 40, mage at 37, warrior raid geared, leveled in the days of reaver/riftblade.

Cleric can solo 5-6 targets at once. inquisicar, vex vex vex, soul drain, CoO, rinse repeat, never rest. vex keeps me alive, everything else dies. pop doctrine of bliss when I need it, aggressive renewal or purpose for mana.

Mage is the same, hell it can chain-pull 6-8 mobs, withering vine to pull them all to me, spores, neddra's grasp/dark touch -> Radiate death -> Devouring shadows until dead, lifetap to full mana, bloom, rinse repeat --- pop mortality when I get unlucky on the spores procs and bam group dies I go to full health.

WArrior obvious

Rogues.. have no combinations that can do that, and it.. boggles the mind, my rogue sits at 22, and.. I honestly can't play it for more than 10 minutes at a time -- Ranger works, I can fight mobs.. one at a time, pull two? heal pet, fine three? pet dies, i'm praying I kill them before it drops or I drop. (Of course this is partially due to me hating pets, went to great lengths on my warrior to get a non-bm dps spec working for when I have to dps, hate having a crutch that's dependant on a.. lacking AI)

Anyhow, it's both odd and frustrating that rogues don't have a real 'easy' leveling spec like all the other callings =/

+ Reply to Thread