+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dual Wield Ability Damage Bug?

Soulwalker

Default Dual Wield Ability Damage Bug?

I haven't seen anything on this, but if I missed a thread on this, please let me know I guess...

To remove variables, I tested with a clean spec (0 points spent), with two gray weapons purchased from the melee weapon vendor in IPP.

Combatant's Dagger - 14.7 DPS 18-35 damage every 1.8 sec
    Combatant's Mace - 14.8 DPS 28-52 damage every 2.7 sec

I only recorded crit data, as crits are constant, and do not vary. The following are crits with Planar Strike.

mace - 192
    dagger - 193

mace/mace - 192
    dagger/dagger - 193

dagger/mace - 193
    mace/dagger - 173

Basically, what this means is that if you have two weapons, you'll lose dps if the slower one isn't in your OH.

Now, I recently acquired a Noxious Maul from Greenscale.

Noxious Maul - 36.7 dps 69-129 damage every 2.7 sec (19 str, 16 dex, +10 dex (rune))

Planar Strike crits for 285 when I have just the Noxious Maul equipped.

I also use an Oracle's Painblade.

Oracle's Painblade - 32.9 dps 48-90 damage every 2.1 sec (15 str, 12 dex, +10 dex (rune))

Planar Strike crits for 271 when i have just the Oracle's Painblade equipped.

No problems yet, lower dps weapons should hit for less.

The problem comes when dual wielding both.

Noxious Maul (MH)/Oracle's Painblade (OH) - 259
    Oracle's Painblade (MH)/Noxious Maul (OH) - 273

So, I basically cap out at the damage the Oracle's Painblade deals. I am losing ability damage by Dual Wielding.

This may be a non issue for some of the DPS rogues out there that have two weapons of equal dps and weapon speed, but it is a concern as a tank. I'm generating less threat when I lose ability damage. With the modifiers placed on my abilities, am I actually generating LESS threat by dual wielding? Does the damage my off hand weapon deals make up for difference in ability damage?
    Last edited by Alita; 04-29-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Are you leaving and re-entering combat after swapping weapons?

There's a widely known bug that can heavily skewer damage in both directions if you swap weapons with two different speed ratings while in combat.

Soulwalker

I was not, and I wasn't aware of that bug >.<

retested and everything looks like it should now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was worried there >.<

+ Reply to Thread