+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 gonna be worse for Rogues

Rift Disciple

Default 1.2 gonna be worse for Rogues

New PvP Soul changes, just C/P here since I believe this post deserves its own discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    You honestly need to be fired. Seriously. You having any thing to do with PVP is going to further drive away anyone at all who was clinging to the fact pvp might not suck one day. You have no idea what you are doing and... I'm going to tell you why:

In PvP both groups have a 100% initial application (8 second max), 50% second application, and provide immunity to similar effects for 30 seconds after the initial application.

- Do you have any idea how long 30 seconds is in pvp? You give any ranged class 30 seconds to run unrestricted you have just opened up pretty much all the melee classes to be kited relentlessly. How does a 30 second immunity even make it into the game? I can see 30 seconds for control, but not 30 seconds for movement impairing. That should be at the most 10 seconds.

Archmage: Replaced Lethargy with Degeneration - Channels dark energy into the enemy player, dealing Death damage over 3 seconds, and removes a single buff effect from the enemy player each second. This ability is obtained after spending 10 points in the Archmage soul and has a 30 second cooldown.

- You're kidding right? Mages really needed this buff? Are you really that clueless to the implications of this in pvp?

Templar
    Ethereal Shell: Reduced duration to 5 seconds. Damage reduction has been reduced to 3/6/9/12/15% per point spent. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds.
    Blessing of the Martyr: Removed previous functionality. Now gives your damaging abilities a 20% chance to remove 1 buff from enemy players. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 2 seconds.
    Arcane Defenses: Spell damage reduction has been reduced to 1% per point spent.

- You are going to see tears flowing from the forums now that you've given clerics the new Blessing of the Martyr.

Infiltrator
    Against All Odds: Now triggers from stun/root/disarm, reduces damage by 3/6/9/12/15% and lasts 5 seconds. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds.
    Evading Thoughts: Reduced duration to 2 seconds per combo point.
    Take Cover: AoE damage reduction has been reduced to 3% per point spent
    Ignore Pain: No longer stacks with other powerful short duration damage reduction buffs.

-You're joking right? All the changes and you're just straight nerfing rogues, while buffing clerics and mages? I mean come on!
    Last edited by Notwist; 04-29-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notwist View Post
    New PvP Soul changes, just C/P here since I believe this post deserves its own discussion.
    They are making everything into instant gibs, trying to make only use one button and macroing everything to that button supremely viable, and it just was not the case when people had options. They are going to remove those options, and put more things onto the one button. People should not live longer than 3 seconds in pvp, and bards should just blow up when people look at them. Rogues are meant to have 5 seconds of up time and die, whether or not they can kill 6 people in that window has yet to be decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Disciple

Looks like fine changes to me.

Telaran

They are making everything into instant gibs, trying to make only use one button and macroing everything to that button supremely viable, and it just was not the case when people had options. They are going to remove those options, and put more things onto the one button. People should not live longer than 3 seconds in pvp, and bards should just blow up when people look at them. Rogues are meant to have 5 seconds of up time and die, whether or not they can kill 6 people in that window has yet to be decided.
    ...What are you ranting about exactly?

Infiltrator

* Against All Odds: Now triggers from stun/root/disarm, reduces damage by 3/6/9/12/15% and lasts 5 seconds. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds.
    * Evading Thoughts: Reduced duration to 2 seconds per combo point.
    * Take Cover: AoE damage reduction has been reduced to 3% per point spent
    * Ignore Pain: No longer stacks with other powerful short duration damage reduction buffs.

Unreal.

Nerf Take Cover by 40%, nerf Against All Odds by a whopping 70% AND put it on a Cooldown, nerf Evading Thoughts by another 33%, and nerf Ignore Pain to top it all off.

They want rogues to STAY the cannon-fodder they are now, and Magic damage dealing classes to 3 shot us all day.

They are shootin themselves in the foot as Rogue's WERE the highest played class....

Not too sure how much longer I'll be around if this is seriously how they are showing us their competence.
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

lud
    Champion

The clerics remove buffs means we won't have our poisons on much, i already have fell blades removed heaps during pvp. They need to make our poisons weapon enchants that can't be purged.

Rift Disciple

I'm not surprised by any of this at all.

*twiddles thumbs waiting for new game to come out*

Telaran

Oh yes TRION go down de Infiltrator defense from rogues, we are like a rocks now and we will need to be nerfed!!

omg TRION, jus play a rogue (rank 6 included) and test our resistance in pvp before do changes in infiltrator soul >.>
    Last edited by Ak1ra; 04-29-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    = Arkana. Rogue. Cloudborne =

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Infiltrator

* Against All Odds: Now triggers from stun/root/disarm, reduces damage by 3/6/9/12/15% and lasts 5 seconds. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds.
    * Ignore Pain: No longer stacks with other powerful short duration damage reduction buffs.

Unreal.

Nerf Take Cover by 40%, nerf Against All Odds by a whopping 70% AND put it on a Cooldown, nerf Evading Thoughts by another 33%, and nerf Ignore Pain to top it all off.

They want rogues to STAY the cannon-fodder they are now, and Magic damage dealing classes to 3 shot us all day.

They are shootin themselves in the foot as Rogue's WERE the highest played class....

Not too sure how much longer I'll be around if this is seriously how they are showing us their competence.
    You didn't read the entire original post by the Trion rep did you?
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Trion, you can't be serious about these changes, are you?

April Fools was four weeks ago.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 04-29-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    You didn't read the entire original post by the Trion rep did you?
    Yes, and...? No way to justify the reduction on a glasspaper class.
    = Arkana. Rogue. Cloudborne =

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Infiltrator

Unreal.

Wow WTF? Do they even play this game?

Jeezus all the rogue nerfs and not a single buff like some other callings got?

Really? Wow, I think I totally am done with pvp in this game. Will only log in for pve and that's 2x a week.

Stupid ****ing devs. Congrats on ruining a calling so utterly quickly from beta. Seriously, gj!

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post
    Yes, and...? No way to justify the reduction on a glasspaper class.
    Did you not catch the intent of the changes to push survivability from the PvP Soul to the PvP Gear by buffing Valor and the like?

Yes no one likes being nerfed but damn, don't just take the negatives out, subtract all other context, add in QQing from other posters like the OP did, and call it a day. I could do that with every patch note that has ever transpired and create a thread just like this in all four callings to stir the pot. Most people don't actually bother to research further or even double check, they take the OP at face value and froth and foam away.

Look at the stupid "Definitive Proof blah blah" thread about Chloros in the general forum. Some guy goes on an epic rant using faulty math that isn't even correct to "prove" why Chloros need a huge nerf due to bugs. Most don't even double check to confirm, they just see lots of math, assume it is correct, and fly off the handle.

The funniest thing about most of this is that there are almost the same number of people *****ing and moaning about how Ranged will forever kite Melee, and how Melee will forever be in the face of Ranged, because of the changes.

We aren't that broken... my goodness...
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

I agree the changes are ignorant. They really have no clue about pvp dynamics. how will you stop flag carriers now?

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post
    I agree the changes are ignorant. They really have no clue about pvp dynamics. how will you stop flag carriers now?
    Ask them a riddle?

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast