+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Stats for bard spec?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Stats for bard spec?

    I have a 51 bard spec thats great for T1 when they need me to switch to bard, but i would like to start collecting gear for T2 so i can post dps/bard LFG T2 and not show up with garbage stats.

    So, what stas should i be looking at for my gear?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Number 1 priority is getting your hit to the required level, but I'm guessing You're already there. After that, the priority would be: attack power > dexterity > strength > crit.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    see im a total boob when it comes to the stats and such. So, +spell crit or focus really has nothing to do with the healing tunes?

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    458

    Default

    every rogue main stat is dex.

    that being said some classes prefere atk above crit and so on.

    bard is 1 that wants a steady attack power (crits are nice duh but ap wins the day)

    the more ap you have the higher your heals are.

    there is not a single rogue class that scales with spellpower. (hence it won't be found on leather)
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    —The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvette View Post
    see im a total boob when it comes to the stats and such. So, +spell crit or focus really has nothing to do with the healing tunes?
    Yes, correct, you should not have any caster stats on your gear at all. Cadence damage (and thus its healing) is influenced by attack power, so that is what gives the priority I listed above.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicuz View Post
    Number 1 priority is getting your hit to the required level, but I'm guessing You're already there. After that, the priority would be: attack power > dexterity > strength > crit.
    This guy hit it on the head. AP > Dex, also, as he pointed out. For Bards, Crit is actually quite weak, so while 1 Dex = AP and Crit, it's only 0.5 AP and 1.0 Crit. The total weight of 1.0 AP > 0.5 AP + 1.0 Crit.

    But to be honest, Hit is all that really matters. Bards scale so poorly you'll do comparable damage/healing whether you are in Level 50 Blues or T2 gear. The only things that really make a difference for a Bard is Hit and Trinkets/Essences that have HoT/Shield procs, to increase our group healing. However, most of those are being nerfed next patch so really all that will impact a Bard is +hit.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    But to be honest, Hit is all that really matters. Bards scale so poorly you'll do comparable damage/healing whether you are in Level 50 Blues or T2 gear. The only things that really make a difference for a Bard is Hit and Trinkets/Essences that have HoT/Shield procs, to increase our group healing. However, most of those are being nerfed next patch so really all that will impact a Bard is +hit.
    I totally agree with this. Bards scale so damn poorly that missing is pretty much the only thing that's going to substantially affect your performance. From my testing, it seems that it takes about 10 attack power to increase the damage of cadence by only 1. So even if you heavily optimize your gear, the difference is negligible.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicuz View Post
    I totally agree with this. Bards scale so damn poorly that missing is pretty much the only thing that's going to substantially affect your performance. From my testing, it seems that it takes about 10 attack power to increase the damage of cadence by only 1. So even if you heavily optimize your gear, the difference is negligible.
    1 AP = 0.082 Cadence Damage (Per Tick)

    So, 12.2 AP increase a Tick of Cadence by 1 Damage. However, Cadence is 3 Ticks, so that's actually a whole 3 Damage over 2 s, or 1.5 DPS. So, it's actually not that bad.

    However, the gear is quite linear in the game and the difference in Stats between Level 50 Blues and T2 is probably only about 120 AP tops, or about 10 Damage per Cadence tick (15 DPS or 15 HPS). Even if it was 240 AP, that'd be 20 per Tick or 30 DPS/HPS. It's a lot when you compare it to the fact that you are only doing ~200 DPS/HPS, but in comparison to the overall picture it's not very meaningful.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    However, most of those are being nerfed next patch so really all that will impact a Bard is +hit.
    What exactly is being done to them? I haven't kept up with the latest list of un-announced changes

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts