+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sabouter

Soulwalker

Default sabouter

ive stopped playing my rogue for a while and im wondering if sabouter is still good dps?

Plane Walker

only for aoe.
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    —The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

Soulwalker

ahh crap its so much fun tho

Shadowlander

Last time I played Saboteur I had a lot of fun with it, which was before the huge nerf. They're fun to play because you get to play with explosives, but the damage you do is just terrible now. Trion basically destroyed this souls' capabilities. Their single target damage isn't worth mentioning, and their AoE damage is basically even with a Ranger, Nightblade, or MM, while being much harder to use. (2 button rotation vs. 7 button rotation, you pick).

Honestly I've given up on this soul, and only hoping that MM is worth picking up for some effective single target damage w/out a pet (because pets suck).

Soulwalker

Saboteur is still some of the best dps in the game if played correctly. 27 Sab/20 Assassin/19 Bladedancer.
    Single target dps 800-1100. Granted this is raid buffed with weapon enchants. The rotation is boring though.
    5 spike charges detonate 5 shrapnel detonate rinse and repeat using blade tempo and poison malice on CD.
    This spec scales well only with higher level gear.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Alianna View Post
    Saboteur is still some of the best dps in the game if played correctly. 27 Sab/20 Assassin/19 Bladedancer.
    Single target dps 800-1100. Granted this is raid buffed with weapon enchants. The rotation is boring though.
    5 spike charges detonate 5 shrapnel detonate rinse and repeat using blade tempo and poison malice on CD.
    This spec scales well only with higher level gear.
    tbh i do more in my bd and nb specs. hell even my assasin spec.

i don't play any of the ranged specs atm (i hate pets and mm just sucks )
    "Guts were meant to be gutted."
    —The Assassin's Creed, Chapter 3

Telaran

i do that rotation with my t1-t2 armor, 29.2x2 daggers and 36 bow and i cant do more than 480 dps on a dummy when i can do 600-650 on dummy with my nightblade.

Conclussion: sabos for single sux, maybe the lower rogue's soul damage on single target (except bard).
    = Arkana. Rogue. Cloudborne =

Quote Originally Posted by Annabellee View Post
    ive stopped playing my rogue for a while and im wondering if sabouter is still good dps?
    There is no such soul as a sabouter.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    There is no such soul as a sabouter.
    Oh man, you sure got him

31sab/20sin/15nb

650 single target, 2000 aoe t2 with bard/bm/archon buffs

Its the most versitle dps spec for rogues, allowing an easy rotation, and melee or ranged fighting so you can focus on avoiding boss mechanics.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

If you are able to stand there and dps without moving nb will be better. That is why most parses for nb doing 1000+ are in raid settings. Most t1 and t2 dungeons are not melee friendly and actually you can kill much much faster some bosses being sabo. I killed the three kings like secs apart by spamming aoe. I've downed the adds from FC bosses while focusing on the bosses. I've continued to dps down bosses that teleport. and make you run around the map or LoS. The three bosses in DD are easier to kill as long as you have someone interrupting heal again secs apart. I've been the single dps with one tank and three healers because of bad team gear and been successful. Sabo is very good in most situations more than nb. If you focus on maximizing dps for raid then go nb. I have partied with sin/nb and melee dpser that have quit cuz they kept dieing and blaming the healers. Sabo is still a good class for pve. They suck on some bosses but are good on others. Get two roles and make nb and sabo if you care about parsing damage. If not even 500dps is affective for most t1 and t2 build.

Shadowlander

I still find sabs pretty consistent and I love incriminate too.

I set charges up before tank pulls, tank gathers all mobs together, incrimnate him and detonate then start spamming shrapnel until all dead. Mobs on low health I usually swap to some for of spammable dmg that doesn't use charges. 1700-2500 aoe dps depending on number of mobs. Best was 3k.

Single target varies from 620-714 with T1 weapons and gear. Upper end with a bard. I can get more with a NB but not by so much currently that I want to switch when I can go melee as sab when it's safe and range when it's not, moving in and out and still being able to keep nice dots up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post
    i do that rotation with my t1-t2 armor, 29.2x2 daggers and 36 bow and i cant do more than 480 dps on a dummy when i can do 600-650 on dummy with my nightblade.

Conclussion: sabos for single sux, maybe the lower rogue's soul damage on single target (except bard).
    You're doing something wrong then. Sab/sin/NB does 650ish on the boss dummy for me, NB does a bit over 700. Both without any outside buffs and using full t2 gear.

900-1000 dps is pretty easy to sustain in a raid with whetstones and consumables.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the replies that was very helpfullim doing the sin/sab/nb one and the dmg seems a lot better now

+ Reply to Thread