+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daggers?

Soulwalker

Default Daggers?

Do rogues do better using 2 daggers? i use whatever i find, not sure if that's hurting me or not.

Yes. You generate more procs from your weapon enchantments, thus more overall DPS.

Plane Touched

Generally higher weapons dps is the best priority, followed by weapon speed (the faster, the better), followed by stats.

Daggers are the fastest weapons, so if les say an axe and dagger have same dps, prefer the dagger.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah View Post
    Generally higher weapons dps is the best priority, followed by weapon speed (the faster, the better), followed by stats.

Daggers are the fastest weapons, so if les say an axe and dagger have same dps, prefer the dagger.
    i went from a T1 epic dagger to a T2 epic axe and didnt notice a real DPS diffrence (just dummy test).

im a NB though, so procs make up a good bit of my DPS.

Are you guys suggesting daggers over all for EVERY rogue class? I think Bladedancers do much better with some of the swords out there. given their generally higher DPS and lack of reliance on procs. I'd suggest we qualify by noting Sins and Blades which rely more heavily on weapon procs.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxer View Post
    Are you guys suggesting daggers over all for EVERY rogue class? I think Bladedancers do much better with some of the swords out there. given their generally higher DPS and lack of reliance on procs. I'd suggest we qualify by noting Sins and Blades which rely more heavily on weapon procs.
    How can you argue a sword is more dps... skill damage is based of the weapon dps.

29 dps dagger...vs 29 dps sword..
    I will take the dagger please, more frequent: poison procs, serrated blades refreshes, hits per minute

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Kinien View Post
    29 dps dagger...vs 29 dps sword..
    I will take the dagger please, more frequent: poison procs, serrated blades refreshes, hits per minute
    This is besides the fact that there are many more daggers with the stats we want on them vs swords/axes/maces.

But hey, are you a Guardian? By all means then use swords brah!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

You always use daggers, for PPC. 2 1.8 speed daggers, and 1 point in MS will get you 95%+ uptime on the damage buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxer View Post
    You are aware that Sin is based off of bleed damage, and lots of poison procs, right?
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Plane Touched

Hate be the bearer of bad news fellas.... All weapon dmg is based on DPS, not dmg. Proc rate is standardized to dps as well.... so the speed of your weapons does not matter at all.

Don't believe me? Do a NB parse with slow axes vs fast daggers, then look at proc dmg. It won't change, because procs are normalized to your dps.

Axe/sword/dagger is 100% aesthetics. You are confusing this mmo with the 'other one'.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-29-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    Hate be the bearer of bad news fellas.... All weapon dmg is based on DPS, not dmg. Proc rate is standardized to dps as well.... so the speed of your weapons does not matter at all.

Don't believe me? Do a NB parse with slow axes vs fast daggers, then look at proc dmg. It won't change, because procs are normalized to your dps.

Axe/sword/dagger is 100% aesthetics. You are confusing this mmo with the 'other one'.
    So then, the MS uptime testing that people have done is a just a fluke. A repeatable, testable fluke.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    So then, the MS uptime testing that people have done is a just a fluke. A repeatable, testable fluke.
    Show me Parses not hearsay of up time testing. I have run parses, so have guildmates. I have also seen others on these forums post that DPS is factored into proc chance.

If you disagree, then inform the community I am wrong. It is much more convincing then hallow sarcasm.

I have zero doubt that DPS is what is factored into abilities that say "+weapon damage" This has been irrefutably proven. I am still not totally convinced that procs work this way. Again, when i tested it... proc chance took dps into account. Prove me wrong if you disagree, but i doubt you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    You are aware that Sin is based off of bleed damage, and lots of poison procs, right?
    You are aware that Bladedancer is the focus of my post and I even called out Sin needs for procs that differ from BD?

Further, normalization of weapon speed suggest that you are wrong.

My point is that swords carry more punch for a class like a Bladedancer, per level and dps. I see higher dps on same-level swords than daggers. Daggers are faster. It does almost nothing for you. Have fun.
    Linkedin

Show me Parses not hearsay of up time testing. I have run parses, so have guildmates. I have also seen others on these forums post that DPS is factored into proc chance.

If you disagree, then inform the community I am wrong. It is much more convincing then hallow sarcasm.

I have zero doubt that DPS is what is factored into abilities that say "+weapon damage" This has been irrefutably proven. I am still not totally convinced that procs work this way. Again, when i tested it... proc chance took dps into account. Prove me wrong if you disagree, but i doubt you will.
    Are you saying that daggers that have less DPS on their basic statistics than a sword will benefit a Bladedancer that does not rely on procs more than Swords? If so I'd like to know this pls confirm thx.

PS I believe you meant 'hollow' sarcasm.
    Last edited by Jaxxer; 04-29-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Linkedin

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ogue&p=2140573

Multiple 20+ minute parses that show faster weapons proccing poisons/enchants more often than slow weapons.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast