+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So i got owned

Rift Disciple

Default So i got owned

So i think i'm good, PvP is my game, i know i'm good, thats being modest i'm better than good im the Mohammed Ali of Rift, i float, i sting and i knock them out.

Damn i have memories as a nightblade at low levels, a good healer behind me, wading through players, bodies falling left right and center and when i turned round, i'd just laugh to myself and thought i love being a rogue

One day i got hit by a sab in the codex heard a funny noise, bip, bip, bip and then i was dead, full health to 0 in less than 2 seconds. All i saw in the combat log was charge blast, googled it found out about sab's and tried one out. The 2s kill was a myth, a one off, but

Damn i have memories of Whitefall, standing rear-guard covering our stone carrier, adhesive bomb to the left, annhilation bomb to the right, chokeing gas grenade and land mines in the center. standing facing 10 players on the other side, solo, lol'ing in /say, taunting them as they watched their stone being run off into the distance in another 3-0 win. oh i died in the end, the battle was lost but the war was won.

And yet today i got owned, not once but twice, by the same player back to back, a riftstalking warrior. I even /combatlog and read it afterwards to convince myself the other person wasn't cheating. (there is a bug with twilight shelter and flamespear i think, got hit for 140 with it on and 210 without it, thats not 80% reduction).

Sadly thats no excuse for the fact i got owned. I simply got circle straffed, had my slow parried and the riftstalker used ranged magical attacks. A plate wearing, tanking, caster, i can take a plate wearer in melee range. I couldnt get in melee range, twice in a row, and died.

I don't mind dying once to find out what i face, then i can change spec and deal with it.

So sages of the night give me some advice, what soul do i need to take that riftstalker down ?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybull View Post
    So i think i'm good, PvP is my game, i know i'm good, thats being modest i'm better than good im the Mohammed Ali of Rift, i float, i sting and i knock them out.

Damn i have memories as a nightblade at low levels, a good healer behind me, wading through players, bodies falling left right and center and when i turned round, i'd just laugh to myself and thought i love being a rogue

One day i got hit by a sab in the codex heard a funny noise, bip, bip, bip and then i was dead, full health to 0 in less than 2 seconds. All i saw in the combat log was charge blast, googled it found out about sab's and tried one out. The 2s kill was a myth, a one off, but

Damn i have memories of Whitefall, standing rear-guard covering our stone carrier, adhesive bomb to the left, annhilation bomb to the right, chokeing gas grenade and land mines in the center. standing facing 10 players on the other side, solo, lol'ing in /say, taunting them as they watched their stone being run off into the distance in another 3-0 win. oh i died in the end, the battle was lost but the war was won.

And yet today i got owned, not once but twice, by the same player back to back, a riftstalking warrior. I even /combatlog and read it afterwards to convince myself the other person wasn't cheating. (there is a bug with twilight shelter and flamespear i think, got hit for 140 with it on and 210 without it, thats not 80% reduction).

Sadly thats no excuse for the fact i got owned. I simply got circle straffed, had my slow parried and the riftstalker used ranged magical attacks. A plate wearing, tanking, caster, i can take a plate wearer in melee range. I couldnt get in melee range, twice in a row, and died.

I don't mind dying once to find out what i face, then i can change spec and deal with it.

So sages of the night give me some advice, what soul do i need to take that riftstalker down ?

you might need to try pyromancer

Quote Originally Posted by brucer View Post
    you might need to try pyromancer
    ^
    Agreed

But in the case that you want to continue torturing yourself as a melee rogue.

Against a solo riftblade:

Jagged > Puncture > Impale > Slip-Away...the rest depends on what he does. In all honesty though, depending on his build, you may not have a chance to begin with.
    Last edited by mercilous; 04-28-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Faemist - Rank 4 Guardian Assassin - Mercilous
    Faemist - Level 30 Guardian Warlock - Lexium
    Faemist - Level 29 Defiant Cleric - Kotsune

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mercilous View Post
    ^
    Agreed

But in the case that you want to continue torturing yourself as a melee rogue.

Against a solo riftblade:

Jagged > Puncture > Impale > Slip-Away...the rest depends on what he does. In all honesty though, depending on his build, you may not have a chance to begin with.
    He said he couldn't get in melee range, so that wouldn't help him.

OP, I feel your pain. The best I have been able to counter this sort of thing with is a heavy NB/RS build. Initially, the RS abilities were meant to be escape tools, but since I cannot kill warriors, mages, or clerics fast enough, and they seem to all be loaded with CC, I wind up using all my RS abilities just to get back into melee range of the other classes. Sometimes it works, most of the times it doesn't.

I tried the advice of another poster, and rolled my own mage, as well as my own Warrior, and I must say, both of those classes not only faceroll everything else, they are just so much more fun to play. The synergies of those classes just fit really well.

So, it's a shame I took the time to level up my rogue to 50 first, but now I'm re-grinding the xp for the warrior and mage.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimoo View Post
    He said he couldn't get in melee range, so that wouldn't help him.

OP, I feel your pain. The best I have been able to counter this sort of thing with is a heavy NB/RS build. Initially, the RS abilities were meant to be escape tools, but since I cannot kill warriors, mages, or clerics fast enough, and they seem to all be loaded with CC, I wind up using all my RS abilities just to get back into melee range of the other classes. Sometimes it works, most of the times it doesn't.

I tried the advice of another poster, and rolled my own mage, as well as my own Warrior, and I must say, both of those classes not only faceroll everything else, they are just so much more fun to play. The synergies of those classes just fit really well.

So, it's a shame I took the time to level up my rogue to 50 first, but now I'm re-grinding the xp for the warrior and mage.
    i tried a warrior but they come of kind of clunky to me (my personal taste/plystyle) so I went cleric and so far the first 12 levels have been more rewarding than my Rogue; went inquisitor probably going to make a shaman build for melee on a 2nd build. We will see as i level

+ Reply to Thread