+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any1 else longing for a traditional Exploding arrow?

Rift Disciple

Default Any1 else longing for a traditional Exploding arrow?

I know they are going for the whole realistic feel of this game with archers and assassins or w/e but I kinda want an exploding shot. I think they should just change deadeye into exploding shot, baisically doing the same damage it does now just with aoe involved and adding a cool explosion effect. Would make them atleast aoe viable and fun visually. Any thoughts?

Rift Disciple

Actually, MM could use an AOE finisher definatley. Ranger has one that silence and is insta cast. I could see MM getting an aoe finisher that snares potentially, or reduces the targets damage output for X seconds.

Deadeye Shot should be AoE, period. Justifies the high cast time and energy cost.

Rift Disciple

Idc about reducing their damage output, atm damage isnt high enough to warrant nerfing their damage output not enough to make it worth it anyways imo. I think they need to add aoe to deadeye and change its stupid name, its pretty much the same name as headshot with different letters. I still stick by adding an explosion effect and making it aoe and giving it a real animation and changing its name to exploding arrow would fix it.

i am longing for anything that seems remotely marksmen related

like for example Preparations (aka arrow buff)

why do we not have something like this, i'll explain Preparations

Cinder
    1.5 sec cast
    Set ammo ablaze causing your next shot fired to explode on contact dealing 250 fire dmg to all enemies within 5 yds of the target and setting them on fire dealing an additional 75 fire dmg over 4 secs
    20sec cooldown

Corrosive
    1.5 sec cast
    Coat ammo with a corrosive poison causing your next 5 shots to deal 100 death damage over 10secs and reducing the targets armor by 10% for the duration
    20 sec cooldown

im sure some other ones could be thought of but you get the idea
    Last edited by HyuJun; 04-28-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Nebiros / Bonestorm <Abandon All Hope>
    4/4 DH -- 4/4 GP -- 5/5 GSB -- 4/4 ROS -- 1/4 ROTP -- 1/11 HK

Rift Disciple

Making fan out give combo points like trickshot does would be nice too. Not entirely sure why a ranger build is able to build combo's with trickshot and then has a very damaging aoe finisher (albeit on a cooldown) when marksman doesn't... *boggle*.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Picollus View Post
    Making fan out give combo points like trickshot does would be nice too. Not entirely sure why a ranger build is able to build combo's with trickshot and then has a very damaging aoe finisher (albeit on a cooldown) when marksman doesn't... *boggle*.
    I think they wanted to separate the souls a bit.

Ranger focusing more on sustained and pet damage, and good aoe, while Marksman focuses more on strong single target, and burst + mobility.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor_Ljubavi View Post
    I think they wanted to separate the souls a bit.

Ranger focusing more on sustained and pet damage, and good aoe, while Marksman focuses more on strong single target, and burst + mobility.
    I would agree with this if 1; pet damage didn't suck (and if they didn't try to die all the time). 2; ranger damage was better. and 3; if a marksman could output strong dps, which they don't... at all.

I do agree that they separated the souls between AoE and single target, but they're both slacking at their jobs, especially the pets. Seriously the raptor's AoE is almost non existent, and its damage is maybe 10% higher than the wolf... and it's the 31 point talent. Needs a boost (as well as the 38, and 51 root abilities, which are completely useless).

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelz View Post
    I would agree with this if 1; pet damage didn't suck (and if they didn't try to die all the time). 2; ranger damage was better. and 3; if a marksman could output strong dps, which they don't... at all.

I do agree that they separated the souls between AoE and single target, but they're both slacking at their jobs, especially the pets. Seriously the raptor's AoE is almost non existent, and its damage is maybe 10% higher than the wolf... and it's the 31 point talent. Needs a boost (as well as the 38, and 51 root abilities, which are completely useless).
    But the pet alone adds like 150 DPS which brings your overall DPS to higher than anything a marksman can output solo. Ranger/Marksman builds are currently the best ranged DPS available to rogues, simply because of how awesome the blood raptor is.

Rift Disciple

Im completely clueless to what specs do what in terms of dps seeing as I only pvp but I do agree we need something more marksmanish, pedestals need to be turned into something like a camoplage or something where we hide in a viel of bushes or preperations like gw had would be nice. I dont like the poisons in this game either. I want a dot poison 1 that ticks so we can have 1 dot that doesnt require them to move.

Why did ranger get all the instant cast finishers including a silence 1? makes no sense, even if u lvl as a ranger or a MM ranger is the one that remains stationary during fights so pedestals would be more useful to them where as a marksman needs to be on the move so instant cast finishers are better or atleast a ranged snare.

Rift Disciple

I also heard they are fixing ap, can any1 confirm this.

+ Reply to Thread