+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So bladedancers?

Soulwalker

Default So bladedancers?

So, what do bladedancers get? I've been searching but no result, only the other souls..
    Anyone please? Thanks

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Falomao View Post
    So, what do bladedancers get? I've been searching but no result, only the other souls..
    Anyone please? Thanks
    A free Identity-crisis, with the occasional side effects including delusions of grandeur.

Soulwalker

Could you be a bit more specific with the question? Are you looking for a spec, or gearing advice, what?

Champion

Somewhere I found a .jpg showing all the new Bladedancer combo point builders and finishers. Basically, anything that scaled to weapon + (some dmg) is now at least Weapon + 50% AP + (some dmg). Anything that was Weapon + 50% AP + (some dmg) is now Weapon + 100% AP + (some dmg). If those numbers are finalized for 1.2, Bladedancer/Assassin builds will be comparable to, if not better than, the current Nightblade/Assassin builds, but will emphasize physical rather than magic damage.

(edit) I am answering the question "What do Bladedancers get 1.2", which is hopefully what you meant to ask.
    Last edited by Ampere; 04-28-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh View Post
    Could you be a bit more specific with the question? Are you looking for a spec, or gearing advice, what?
    Ah sorry, I see there's a lack of info :x..
    Ok well, I meant to ask, for the patch 1.2. I have seen a lot of changes as for marksman, assassin.
    But I didn't see the changes for bladedancer. Maybe I've missed something?

Rift Disciple

Meh, sorry for the smartass answer. Quick strike and precision strike are getting buffed. Sadly half our skill tree remains useless in end game.

Annoying thing is we have all the dps we need in the skill tree we just can't use it for endgame content.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    Meh, sorry for the smartass answer. Quick strike and precision strike are getting buffed. Sadly half our skill tree remains useless in end game.

Annoying thing is we have all the dps we need in the skill tree we just can't use it for endgame content.
    I thought there was more to it than this, actually...but that definitely DOES mean you can build a competitive hybrid build around 18 (really, up to 28) Bladedancer, without taking leveling and PVP junk.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I thought there was more to it than this, actually...but that definitely DOES mean you can build a competitive hybrid build around 18 (really, up to 28) Bladedancer, without taking leveling and PVP junk.
    Role up a 51 bladedancer toss 15 points in assassin and you have a very competitive dps class IF you get to use the dodge/parry abilities.

Try it, find a nice soft hitting elite with lots of hitpoints, the bonuses from reactionary abilities add up to quite a bit of dps. It may not take top spot but it would certainly be a viable raid dps. I probably wouldn't be that annoyed if the abilites just were not there. It's the fact that the 51 point soul is a decent dps spec if you can dodge and parry.

(I run the 32 point hybrid Bladedancer and it does great dps. I just have more fun running my 51 point spec doing dailies and I want that same fun in dungeons. I could stand being a little lower on dps but without the reactionaries from dodge and parry the dps isn't even competitive.)

Bladedancers are nice for PvP and soloing but I honestly don't really see them having a spot in raiding.

My money is on Nightblade/Assassin or Assassin/Ranger.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    BLADEDANCER
    * Flash of Steel: The minimum required range to use this ability has been reduced to 3 meters from 8.
    * Deadly Strike: Corrected an issue where rank 9 and 10 were both trained at level 42. Rank 10 of Deadly Strike is properly trainable at level 48.
    * Quick Strike: Additional damage bonus from Attack Power increased to 100% from 50%. Ability base damage increased.
    * Precision Strike: Additional damage bonus from Attack Power increased to 100% from 50%. Ability base damage increased.
    * Mass Subdue: The damage from Mass Subdue will no longer trigger secondary effects like Serrated Blades or weapon poisons, and will no longer cause the incapacitation effect to break as a result of these secondary effects.
    * Blade Tempo, Side Steps, Blade and Soul Parity, Double Coup, and Dualism: No longer cause stealth to break when activated.
    ^ the actual patch notes
    Last edited by Kumduh; 04-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    Role up a 51 bladedancer toss 15 points in assassin and you have a very competitive dps class IF you get to use the dodge/parry abilities.

Try it, find a nice soft hitting elite with lots of hitpoints, the bonuses from reactionary abilities add up to quite a bit of dps. It may not take top spot but it would certainly be a viable raid dps. I probably wouldn't be that annoyed if the abilites just were not there. It's the fact that the 51 point soul is a decent dps spec if you can dodge and parry.

(I run the 32 point hybrid Bladedancer and it does great dps. I just have more fun running my 51 point spec doing dailies and I want that same fun in dungeons. I could stand being a little lower on dps but without the reactionaries from dodge and parry the dps isn't even competitive.)
    I'm thinking something like this for 1.2...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...A0soo0b.V0xf0o

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I'm thinking something like this for 1.2...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...A0soo0b.V0xf0o
    Depends on what you are looking for. Thats a solid all around spec. It won't top the damage charts but should still deal respectable dps. Nightblade would of course give you far more punch than riftstalker but at the cost of durability/mobility/and rift scavenger for soloing.

You might consider just taking sin on up to get slip away and bd up to 32 for double coup. The initial punch of the sin openers combined with the bd cooldowns can pack a very nice punch. And the ae power of dancing steel is just fun.

I'd switch RS to NB, you'd already have a gap closer with BD, NB would give you reach, more immediate damage, and reach including non physical damage.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Soulwalker

Ahh!
    Thanks guys for telling me the info really couldnt find it.
    But it doesn't make it so much better for me
    I'll stick nightblade then. Eventhough I really like bd.
    Same goes for nightblade!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...A0soohbz.VoxMh

Fiery Spike after Deadly Strike for 30% dot-increase.
    32pts in BD for 42secs dancing :P

Puncture and Fiery Spike are the only non-BD skills u really use.
    Decent DPS/utility.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast