+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little dps assist?

Default A little dps assist?

I recently have been toying around with a range spec and after some searching I found this spec here: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b.VMcbuj0o.V0x from the forums. This seems to be a good set - until I am grouped with a war in DPS mode and a Mage. Then my DPS looks like poop. Mostly this is the case when I am dealing with more than 3 mobs a a time but sometimes it is even on single target mobs (at least when I have to range fight). For melee fights I am using http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Rs.hiRfxobod0R but if there are any adds that need to be AE'd down, I again have poop for DPS. For group content, T1 and T2 does anyone have a build other than my own which would yield better and more competitive results (ranged, AE and straight up melee)?

Under Range DPS for AE situations (4+ mobs) I use:
    Rain of Arrows
    Trick Shot
    Head Shot
    Rain of Arrows
    Trick Shot
    Concussive Blast (rinse and repeat till all dead, switching to just TS/HS when there are 2-3 mobs left).

In situations where I am ranged with 3 or less mobs I will alternate Trick Shot with Swift Shot then rotate Head Shot, Hasted Shot, and Rapid Fire Shot (I lead with Expose Weakness then Quick Shot).

Under Melee DPS in single mob situations I use:
    Puncture (when available)
    Expose Weakness
    (Macro)
    #show backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast serpent strike
    cast backstab
    cast savage strike
    cast quick shot

Also I am new to macros so I have not made a macro for the range/ae specs yet. I got the melee macro spec from another rogue on the server.

Any feedback/help is greatly appreciated.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Bah, I presume no one has any better builds than what I've managed? Durn, I'd hoped to get at least 1 or 2 competing views heh.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

+ Reply to Thread