+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: Wow, that was depressing

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default Wow, that was depressing

    I don't know why, but for some reason I ventured into the warrior and mage forums. In each forum they had a "show me your biggest crit" thread. For warriors, it seemed to vary from 2.5k to 3.5k. Mages, well, lets just say they had some pretty big crits. Why did this depress me? Well, my biggest crit in a 5-man was a 5-point Deadeye shot for around 2,100-2,200. That using a 36 DPS bow and a mix of T2/T1 gear. I'm not complaining, really, just wondering why it takes me 5 mediocre attacks and a mediocre finisher to build enough combo points to do less damage than what a warrior can do with 3 combo points and a finisher.

    Lets say my rogue's combo generating attack does 400 and a warrior's does 500, and my finisher hits for 1,500 and his for 2,500.
    Rogue: 350 * 5 = 1,750. 1,750 + 2,000 = 3,750. 3,750/9 second = 417 DPS
    Warrior: 500 * 3 = 1,500, 1,500 + 2,500 = 4,000. 4,000/6 seconds = 666 DPS.

    Is it any wonder that warriors do more DPS than rogues over a 5 min parse, all things equal?

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    Is it any wonder that warriors do more DPS than rogues over a 5 min parse, all things equal?
    All things aren't equal...you're ignoring about 20,000 variables.

  3. #3
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    If you total it all up, my sabo is 3-5k crits.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  4. #4
    Soulwalker BuBocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    I don't know why, but for some reason I ventured into the warrior and mage forums. In each forum they had a "show me your biggest crit" thread. For warriors, it seemed to vary from 2.5k to 3.5k. Mages, well, lets just say they had some pretty big crits. Why did this depress me? Well, my biggest crit in a 5-man was a 5-point Deadeye shot for around 2,100-2,200. That using a 36 DPS bow and a mix of T2/T1 gear. I'm not complaining, really, just wondering why it takes me 5 mediocre attacks and a mediocre finisher to build enough combo points to do less damage than what a warrior can do with 3 combo points and a finisher.

    Lets say my rogue's combo generating attack does 400 and a warrior's does 500, and my finisher hits for 1,500 and his for 2,500.
    Rogue: 350 * 5 = 1,750. 1,750 + 2,000 = 3,750. 3,750/9 second = 417 DPS
    Warrior: 500 * 3 = 1,500, 1,500 + 2,500 = 4,000. 4,000/6 seconds = 666 DPS.

    Is it any wonder that warriors do more DPS than rogues over a 5 min parse, all things equal?
    ya same here, im kinda disapointed about rogues, why cant hit crits like mages??? my highest crit was like 2600 =( trion fix this pls

  5. #5
    Champion AlexE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    I've done 3k with a final blow crit from behind. :P
    (Was a test, took everything that would add damage to crit and behind target lol)

  6. #6
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
    I've done 3k with a final blow crit from behind. :P
    (Was a test, took everything that would add damage to crit and behind target lol)
    On a similar note, for the sake of argument, I can stunlock dps burst for about 6k coming out of stealth, which equates to about 1200dps for about 5 seconds, heh.

    Different classes...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Yeah? Well I'm a Bard and I can crit 4.9k with Coda of the Golden Gun.

    Re-roll mate, seriously. I re-rolled CLERIC and I'm leveling far faster than my rogue, and LAUGHING in pvp, because not only can I hit Fanaticism and Sanction heretic and crit for 2.5k instantly, I can 1v1 anything or sit still firing my lvl 1 nuke and kill someone. Its easy mode.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker BuBocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    moral down... =( I KNEW IT... had to go cleric instead of rogue.....

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple zets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    I don't know why, but for some reason I ventured into the warrior and mage forums. In each forum they had a "show me your biggest crit" thread. For warriors, it seemed to vary from 2.5k to 3.5k. Mages, well, lets just say they had some pretty big crits. Why did this depress me? Well, my biggest crit in a 5-man was a 5-point Deadeye shot for around 2,100-2,200. That using a 36 DPS bow and a mix of T2/T1 gear. I'm not complaining, really, just wondering why it takes me 5 mediocre attacks and a mediocre finisher to build enough combo points to do less damage than what a warrior can do with 3 combo points and a finisher.

    Lets say my rogue's combo generating attack does 400 and a warrior's does 500, and my finisher hits for 1,500 and his for 2,500.
    Rogue: 350 * 5 = 1,750. 1,750 + 2,000 = 3,750. 3,750/9 second = 417 DPS
    Warrior: 500 * 3 = 1,500, 1,500 + 2,500 = 4,000. 4,000/6 seconds = 666 DPS.

    Is it any wonder that warriors do more DPS than rogues over a 5 min parse, all things equal?
    Gersh, fail dev, purveyer of terrible buffs, lover of bright wizards, pirate of good balance changes.

    Yes, someone this dumb actually walks around on the streets and possibly holds a drivers license.
    Last edited by zets; 04-28-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=443735&dateline=12991  91838

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    621

    Default

    lol i love all the hate that gets throw Gersh's way. poor dude. though i agree most of it is deserved.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    I've had 3.4k final blows, you're doing it wrong.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    I don't know why, but for some reason I ventured into the warrior and mage forums. In each forum they had a "show me your biggest crit" thread. For warriors, it seemed to vary from 2.5k to 3.5k. Mages, well, lets just say they had some pretty big crits. Why did this depress me? Well, my biggest crit in a 5-man was a 5-point Deadeye shot for around 2,100-2,200. That using a 36 DPS bow and a mix of T2/T1 gear. I'm not complaining, really, just wondering why it takes me 5 mediocre attacks and a mediocre finisher to build enough combo points to do less damage than what a warrior can do with 3 combo points and a finisher.

    Lets say my rogue's combo generating attack does 400 and a warrior's does 500, and my finisher hits for 1,500 and his for 2,500.
    Rogue: 350 * 5 = 1,750. 1,750 + 2,000 = 3,750. 3,750/9 second = 417 DPS
    Warrior: 500 * 3 = 1,500, 1,500 + 2,500 = 4,000. 4,000/6 seconds = 666 DPS.

    Is it any wonder that warriors do more DPS than rogues over a 5 min parse, all things equal?
    As someone else said you're missing a lot of variables here. But even if we took these numbers as given, your duration is incorrect. Rogues have a 1s GCD as compared to everyone else's 1.5s. So we get to our finisher in the same amount of time a warrior does:

    (5 * 1) + 1 = 6
    (3 * 1.5) + 1.5 = 6

    So the DPS ends up at 625 for the rogue, versus 666 for the warrior.

  13. #13
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zets View Post
    Yes, someone this dumb actually walks around on the streets and possibly holds a drivers license.
    Okay, who let zets walk the streets?

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zemm View Post
    As someone else said you're missing a lot of variables here. But even if we took these numbers as given, your duration is incorrect. Rogues have a 1s GCD as compared to everyone else's 1.5s. So we get to our finisher in the same amount of time a warrior does:

    (5 * 1) + 1 = 6
    (3 * 1.5) + 1.5 = 6

    So the DPS ends up at 625 for the rogue, versus 666 for the warrior.

    your wrong...
    you seem to forget the energy starvation the rogue has compared to a warrior.... warriors need 3 attack points more a finisher, opposed to the rogues needing 5, therefore a rouge take alot more power to create a 5 point finisher... therefore a rogues dps sucks....

  15. #15
    Ascendant nand chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    2.9k blazing strike is the highest I've ever hit with a competent DPS spec. (Not counting 1.0 saboteurs)

    Highest I've ever seen in one number is 8.2k fulminate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts