+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a good Ranger/MM/Bard Spec..

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Looking for a good Ranger/MM/Bard Spec..

Anyone have some they can share that work for them?

Thanks!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Volgrim View Post
    Anyone have some they can share that work for them?

Thanks!
    Why would you want bard with ranger and MM? With a ranger/MM heavy build you are much better off picking sin or NB as your third soul for the damage/crit modifiers.

Ato

Does anyone just test things themselves anymore? Sorry to attack your thread. I just see these "Please tell me how to play the game" threads all of the time. Why did you buy an MMO if not to experiment and enjoy the content? If all you want is a pre-made (as in not made by you) class, why not try an offline RPG or an easier MMO, Aion is pretty cookie cutter as far as "builds" it's just a level up style game, sure it has a couple optional skills but those are glaringly obvious on what to choose.

Why do people pick up Rift with its fun Soul system if their only intention is to ask someone else to tell them where to spend their points, and many top that off with "Oh what rotation should I use, tell me what keys to hit and when!".

TL;DR - If you can't and or aren't interested in playing around with the Soul system and coming up with a build, and rotation then why are you even playing Rift?

P.S Again, this isn't solely aimed at you OP, sorry your thread wound up being my "straw" I realise you didn't ask about rotations so that part may have been a bit OT, but I felt inclined to add it!

Soulwalker

Wow... i see these responses all the time that come from people obviously bored and way too into Rfit as opposed to maybe a female companion. Not looking for people to build a character for me its one of my extra soul tree's i'm playing around with and i was looking to see what others have done. But thank you for your amazing constructive feedback on my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ato View Post
    Does anyone just test things themselves anymore? Sorry to attack your thread. I just see these "Please tell me how to play the game" threads all of the time. Why did you buy an MMO if not to experiment and enjoy the content? If all you want is a pre-made (as in not made by you) class, why not try an offline RPG or an easier MMO, Aion is pretty cookie cutter as far as "builds" it's just a level up style game, sure it has a couple optional skills but those are glaringly obvious on what to choose.

Why do people pick up Rift with its fun Soul system if their only intention is to ask someone else to tell them where to spend their points, and many top that off with "Oh what rotation should I use, tell me what keys to hit and when!".

TL;DR - If you can't and or aren't interested in playing around with the Soul system and coming up with a build, and rotation then why are you even playing Rift?

P.S Again, this isn't solely aimed at you OP, sorry your thread wound up being my "straw" I realise you didn't ask about rotations so that part may have been a bit OT, but I felt inclined to add it!

Ato

Quote Originally Posted by Volgrim View Post
    Wow... i see these responses all the time that come from people obviously bored and way too into Rfit as opposed to maybe a female companion. Not looking for people to build a character for me its one of my extra soul tree's i'm playing around with and i was looking to see what others have done. But thank you for your amazing constructive feedback on my post.
    Take it how you will. As I said, I wasn't targeting you per say, I do not pretend to know your motives behind asking. However, you know as well as I do these forums are full of "lazy" gamers who just baffle me with their decision to play a MMO. These game's shouldn't just be about cookie cutter anyone can do it game play, they are time/effort = reward. A big part of the time/effort in my opinion is learning the classes and finding what works best for you. As far as your attempt at a personal attack, I have nothing for you lol, I am sure my daughters and wife would disagree with your assessment of me though. I play Rift an average of two-three hours a night (tuck my kids in bed at 9 and I play from 9-11/12). As far as being bored at this current moment, yep nail on the head! hence peaking through the forums

Soulwalker

I'm not sure I'd use the the combination of 2 range specs with Bard.

But since most of my specs are "Range Rogue" ... heres what I use for solo PvE/farming.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k.hVMbt0boz.vc

Bard buffs and Motifs are nice to have, but Cadence with Invig. Soul is the reason to have it in the spec. Run speed is nice to... and the added health never hurts.

I play in a on a PvP server so blind, stun and perma stealth from Sin are quiet handy. The damage and crit buffs are a no brainer... also poisons.

Ranger has most everything you need to PvE... use the pig to tank, shots to slow, armor debuff and bleed. Head Shot increases damage for the next rotation... find a good spot and chain pull to your hearts content.

You'll literally run out of spawn before you'll ever have downtime, as long as you don't over pull.

If it's a PvP spec you're looking for then ether DPS or support, but trying to do both will most likely mean you're not great at ether.
    Last edited by VenomSlinger; 04-28-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Gert - Guardian Rogue <MOAN> Deepstrike

+ Reply to Thread