+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM/NB/*** DPS Build

Soulwalker

Default MM/NB/*** DPS Build

Okay, so this build is intended purely for handing out the ranged dps pwnage.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0h.EGtRqdAudR

It is intended pretty much exclusively for PVE raids or groups where the lack of a pet is rather a moot point as the tank is *supposed* to be taking most, if not all, the aggro. What aggro does comes your way, you've got a few melee abilities and healers to put them down easily enough, not to mention repelling shot.

So! Why assassin and nightblade? Well, for one, they both have weapon enchantments which in and of itself is gonna bring in a lot more to your DPS. Further, the talents selected in both trees either maximize crit chance, and increase physical damage (which, I believe, ranged weapon damage is considered) on the *** side whereas the NB side increases damage of combo point generating abilities (which I, for one, use all the bloody time), and then the tier 2 NB ability gives a bonus to finishers (which I also use all the time).

The one con I see is the lack of a pet which brings with it some DPS. Having said that, my intuition is that dumping the pet for added actual player damage and another weapon enchantment will up the DPS scores.

Another upshot (I think) is that this build would have to 'sap' abilities from the Assassin and Nightblade trees respectively. Having said that, I don't actually know whether you can have both abilities going at the same time so that may be a complete fabrication.

Shield of Telara

The pets bring 109 and 113 dps. The problem I see with the pets is the fact that they won't scale with gear correctly. So, it's nice that they account for 113 dps when your doing 400. But what about the point in which your doing 900?
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post
    The pets bring 109 and 113 dps. The problem I see with the pets is the fact that they won't scale with gear correctly. So, it's nice that they account for 113 dps when your doing 400. But what about the point in which your doing 900?
    All the more reason to dump the Pet as they're basically only useful, at high levels, for solo play. Why not pick up the extra stuff from Assassin or Nightblade?

+ Reply to Thread