+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker: Flashback can't be used while carrying the fang

Telaran

Default Riftstalker: Flashback can't be used while carrying the fang

from updated alpha 1.2 notes:
    RIFTSTALKER
    * Flashback: Can no longer be used when carrying the Fang of Regulos in Black Garden.
    I have to say, STOP THIS MADNESS. I understand using it in the Whitefall Steppes scenario, because riftstalkers could really move around the place, but for black garden? THE FANG KILLS YOU. If you use flashback, you're still alone and probably not getting a lot of points. It's insulting to take away what, personally, is one of the most fun abilities from some of the strategies in PvP Warfronts.

Trion, reverse this, please.

it's because of me, id set my flashback at a point on the map where guardians simply could never get to and teleport to there, with 10k+ hp it took FOREVER for the fang to kill me, so it was a done deal if i ever touched the flag. not to mention unless i get cc'd before i start, i can grab the flag no matter what with the 51 point ability and we have an OP auto win scenerio in black garden.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    it's because of me, id set my flashback at a point on the map where guardians simply could never get to and teleport to there, with 10k+ hp it took FOREVER for the fang to kill me, so it was a done deal if i ever touched the flag. not to mention unless i get cc'd before i start, i can grab the flag no matter what with the 51 point ability and we have an OP auto win scenerio in black garden.
    I used defer death and flashback to get the fang and get behind the tree (I told my healers where to find me), but I've never warped to a 'no-guardian' area. Every time I've tried that the fang got stripped, so maybe the area you are referring to needs the fix, not the power restriction.

*hrm*

Im a riftstalker, 51 point 1, 10k hp.
    You know how long i can last with no healer? around a minute or maybe a bit more, you know how many points that makes? quiet a bit.

I actually welcome this, this can be abused so easily it's sad, and even to the extent that i have healers and im at my hill's spawn.

Teleport>Shadow Stalk>Defer Death>*picks up fang*>Flashback

I am now, with the fang, the DD hit's me max 1k, i have most my team mate's with me ready to pick it up when i do die.

Fun? Not really.

Easy prestige? Very much so.

Its not like it really affects you that much unless you just used it to get to an area the enemy couldn't [easily] reach. Using your two normal blink spells will still get you a good distance away from the enemy. I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.

Plus, if you are actually just instantly getting out of the middle, you are not generating as many points as you probably think you are. I would rather last stand at the middle for 30 seconds then hide behind a tree for a minute. Quite a few more points. Assuming your team remembers to grab it, anyways.

Actually I just generally hate being away from the 4 to 6 point range area. If you die in the 1 to 3 point area range and for some reason can't get back the Fang once you drop, the enemy get its very easily.
    Last edited by Wulfhunter; 04-28-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Flashback is stupidly broken, even when not carrying anything. I was surprised to see Black Garden left off the list when they first did the Port Scion/Steppes change because you could put your port up near your spawn and sit back for a long time, with Healers safely able to spam you safely out of harms way. It got you less points per second, but it was a sure fire way to get some breathing room and transfer it elsewhere quickly.

The worst part about Flashback is that it has a monstrous range (50 yards) and you can set the Memory Capture in pretty obscure places, out of LoS. Nothing like having the carrier just up and disappear on you and having to look on the mini map to orient yourself properly, assuming he hasn't already left that range as well.

We have a tremendous amount of mobility, hamstringing that one skill when actually carrying is hardly a make/break deal. You can still use it to get into position quickly and from very far away. That's how I snag Port Scion stones even when Guardians control the church and bridge. Memory Capture right next to the back corner stone (closest to Defiant side), and as I run close to the church (not even near the entrance) I can Flashback in, grab the stone, and then I have all the rest of my shifts to get me out before most people can react. We definitely don't need Flashback as part of a standard strategy in Black Garden... it really is just too strong as the ability currently stands.

We'll only get Flashback back in our arsenal of flag running when the range is dropped down to about 20 yards or so, and frankly I like the huge range in PvE for the fun things you can do so I'll take the PvP nerf happily.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Rift Disciple

Think outside the box. Fang ticking too hard? Pop flashback and pick it up again.

OP time.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    sadly its not because of you was because of me and last time i did play my rogue was about 14 - 16 days ago and i use to spam black garden and do that trick and defiant were pissed because of me and said to stop it, but in general both sides can do it, the reason i did this trick was that the defiant always in premade with 3 healers while on guardians we hardly had 1 so i kept the fang at our gy all the time easy to win like that, and for the people who say 1-3 points is not worth it it is actualy because you leave your memory @ the wall infron ot the GY, if the enemy comes from the left side you can flash back and drop on the right side and keep doing it, by the time defiant comes to you you already on the other side so they take a long walk to get there and waste time, and since you are @ your own gy your team is there and will help you faster :P also you need to ask someone to stay in the gy and look where you will go befor you die so he pick the fang for you .. thats the reason why they actualy nerf it which is me as i said :P
    Last edited by Kurogane; 05-04-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Telaran

actually, the nerf is because of me. I USED IT ALL THE TIME IN PVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they nerfed it cause i have teleported gersh out of his Ground of BBQ

All lies... Teleporting Snipers were the cause of the nerf !

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

+ Reply to Thread