+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want an assassin that actually kills people in PvP!

Telaran

Default I want an assassin that actually kills people in PvP!

I have a level 25 assassin/blade dancer/nightblade with my primary focus on assassin. I am doing well in PvE with questing, but in PvP (codex) I would like a more optimal build for using stealth, sneaking up behind casters, healers, etc. and basically incapacitating them and killing them.

I realize that if it was easy to stun and kill everyone the assassin would be OP. However, does anyone have a good suggestion on how to maximize my soul points with that build so that I have the best chance for using stealth, sneak attack/stun, and a quick kill? Keep in mind I'm only level 25 at this point.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Any other tips or advice for that playstyle would be appreciated. I feel like I'm not using all the abilities to their full extent.
    Last edited by Lord Nap; 04-28-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    "Your mount, sir..."

Shadowlander

re-roll mage or cleric.

OR really just play NB. The only spec that doesn't explode in 10s.

Plane Walker

I have been having fun with the highly Moblie assassin spec. Hope this gives you something to aim for.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...w-with-Footage!
    Last edited by Wytchblades; 04-28-2011 at 10:24 AM.

cant help ya since ur lvl 25, i pvp'd 10-50 as saboteur before switching to the most OP spec ever for 1 v 1 ganking (33sin/33nb/0inf)
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dbo.i0tkGqoMos

ive been having a lot of success with this build. from assassin you get improved stealth, permastealth, slip away, paralyzing strike, jagged strike, impale and a lot of good +damage and +crit passives. from nb you get more power with good passives, an extra 2cp skill, heavy damage from ebon fury and scourge of darkenss, a ranged dot, a ranged snare/nuke, and a ranged finisher, a healing debuff, and twilight shelter is useful for capping, stone running. in my opinion its the best all-around melee pvp build as its one of the most hard-hitting but can still be a threat from range and has all of the stealth talents from the assassin tree. note that i havent messed around with infiltrator as anything more than 0 soul as im still only rank 2 (half a bubble til rank 3).

edit: i just realized youre level 25. i would go with sab at that level imo.
    Last edited by Macrocosm93; 04-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    cant help ya since ur lvl 25, i pvp'd 10-50 as saboteur before switching to the most OP spec ever for 1 v 1 ganking (33sin/33nb/0inf)
    Could you post your build and opening rotation? Im looking for a good 1v1 ganking build. Ive had some success with 51 sin/11NB/4Inf. With the 33/33/0 I might miss Vanish with Hidden Viel But I want to try it out. Hows that build against warrior with that pally insta full heal? I cant kill them, clerics and chloro mages with my 51 sin spec. Maybe I just suck lol. Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could post your build and opening. Thx

Rift Chaser

well since your not going to be able to rely on the developers to fix the rogue class i would suggest either playing a dps warrior or mage...

if you want to play an assassin that its stealth actually works and you do very respectable dps you might have to buy eq2..

Telaran

Thanks for the responses, guys. I think I was overlooking some of the talents in the nightblade tree, so I may start to build up that soul and go with an even split all the way up to 50. I'll also take a look at sab and see if there is anything worth getting for a handful of points.
    "Your mount, sir..."

+ Reply to Thread