+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Enchants

Soulwalker

Default Weapon Enchants

Are poisons from the Assassin's tree considered "weapon enchants"? If so, does that mean "Enhanced Weapon Enchantments" from the Nightblade tree buffs poison damage?

Champion

They are and it SHOULD, people have stated it has before but I have never actually tested it myself so I couldn't say for definite.

Shadowlander

They might but I never tested it as for PVE damage the NB weapon enchants (Hellfire and Smoldering Blades) typically beat poisons in a group setting no?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lustmoerder View Post
    They might but I never tested it as for PVE damage the NB weapon enchants (Hellfire and Smoldering Blades) typically beat poisons in a group setting no?
    Poison Potency talent gives poisons 15% dmg bonus. With Enhanced Weapon Enchantments talent, it's 30%. You're looking at a 45% dmg bonus if bonuses are additive or 49.5% if bonuses are multiplcative. Unstable State talent would throw another 9% on for all non-physical dmg. So seems poisons look strong.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to see if I can get as many passive dmg buff talents first and THEN getting the best combo generator + finisher. So far I've come up with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0V0s.VhxzhmLM. Enchants I would use are Hellfire Blades and Virulent Poison (for lethal poison, I'm assuming another class will provide the 5% crit buff).

Now I basically need to figure out which combo gen/finisher yields the best damage per energy. I'm leaning towards the NB combo gens/finisher (Primal Strike/Blazing Strike) to keep up Fiery Spikes at 3 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaan View Post
    Poison Potency talent gives poisons 15% dmg bonus. With Enhanced Weapon Enchantments talent, it's 30%. You're looking at a 45% dmg bonus if bonuses are additive or 49.5% if bonuses are multiplcative. Unstable State talent would throw another 9% on for all non-physical dmg. So seems poisons look strong.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to see if I can get as many passive dmg buff talents first and THEN getting the best combo generator + finisher. So far I've come up with http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...V0V0s.VhxzhmLM. Enchants I would use are Hellfire Blades and Virulent Poison (for lethal poison, I'm assuming another class will provide the 5% crit buff).

Now I basically need to figure out which combo gen/finisher yields the best damage per energy. I'm leaning towards the NB combo gens/finisher (Primal Strike/Blazing Strike) to keep up Fiery Spikes at 3 stacks.
    you should add SoD and backstab to your build.

Soulwalker

has anyone figured out if the talents from the assassin tree work on the weapon enchants from the nightblade tree...ie 10% more chance for them to be applied.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lega21 View Post
    has anyone figured out if the talents from the assassin tree work on the weapon enchants from the nightblade tree...ie 10% more chance for them to be applied.
    If you're talking about poison mastery, then I highly doubt it applies to non-poison enchants.

you'll be using the nb smoldering flames and hellfire blades during a raid anyways so the Sin talents are useless since they only affect poisons.

I would go with this for what you're trying to do.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0V0c.VhxzhVLMo

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujinma View Post
    you'll be using the nb smoldering flames and hellfire blades during a raid anyways so the Sin talents are useless since they only affect poisons.

I would go with this for what you're trying to do.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0V0c.VhxzhVLMo
    Why not use poisons? I was thinking Hellfire Blades and Virulent Poison.

For the spec you linked, what finisher would you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Lega21 View Post
    I believe the established line of thought is that the Nightblade talent benefits both, but the Assassin poison talents only benefit Poisons. I am not 100% positive if there has been concrete testing on this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaan View Post
    Why not use poisons? I was thinking Hellfire Blades and Virulent Poison.

For the spec you linked, what finisher would you use?
    because in a raid someone else will have 5% crit buff on the mob and it doesnt stack with our poison. Also smoldering blades does a crapton more damage. You should use Scourge of Darkness every time its off cooldown and then use blazing strike as it refreshes fiery spike which is a large chunk of our damage that's basically free. Also you can throw in the Bladedancer finisher that gives a 5% crit buff to everyone once every 60 seconds.
    Last edited by Satsujinma; 04-28-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsujinma View Post
    because in a raid someone else will have 5% crit buff on the mob and it doesnt stack with our poison. Also smoldering blades does a crapton more damage. You should use Scourge of Darkness every time its off cooldown and then use blazing strike as it refreshes fiery spike which is a large chunk of our damage that's basically free. Also you can throw in the Bladedancer finisher that gives a 5% crit buff to everyone once every 60 seconds.
    The Blade Dancer finisher 5% crit buff (Dauntless Strike) does not stack with the 5% crit motif, so I wouldn't bother.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shield of Telara

If your going to take that high in nightblade you would want to take melted skin for a +5% overall damage boost while hellfire blades is running. Therefore, it is pretty much one your going to want running continuously. That comes down to the other weapon enchant has to either be Virulent (same damage as hellfire blades) or Lethal (half damage plus +5% crit for raid).

This pretty much means once, one person is running Lethal on the main target your safe to run Virulent and Hellfire blades.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

+ Reply to Thread