+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue tank question

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue tank question

I have never tanked as a rogue but would like to try. I put together a build and just wondering by losing a point in riftstalker and adding another point in reducing dmg under RNG, or is the loss of the point in RS tree too much?

Basically losing 1% endurance and the rift guard bonus from RS for 2% more reduced dmg from RNG?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EItIuqdRkoR.xh

Rift Disciple

Oh I forgot the 2% reduced dmg is up all the time and rift guard bonus is only when rift guard is up and the 1% endurance is up all the time since guardian phase will be on

Champion

You also lose scatter the shadows, probably the second best cooldown a rogue tank can get (best being side steps for 0 investment)

Rift Disciple

Yeah I forgot about the 51 talent and that is a nice cooldown. Now I need to decide in losing the reduced hit and crit chance or the reduced dmg. maybe bard because of the fanfare that has improved endurance. Then again reduced dmg is hard to come by.

Champion

going bard for the buffs is generally inadvisable, as the moment you team with a bard/archon your going to have issues.

In any team situation its almost certain someones going to be able to buff your endurance by 40 as well, and that wont stack with the bard buff.

Rift Disciple

Alright so would you suggest ranger over bard for the health and reduced dmg? I know reduced dmg is hard to come by so would 10% increased max health and 3% reduced hit and crit hit chance on you be better or is the 5% max health and 6% reduced dmg be better?

Champion

If I were to go for that build I'd say the ranger beats the bard.

You are not going to be short on health if your wearing tank gear and using a 51 RS build but more pure mitigation is never a bad thing.

Rift Disciple

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Razaden View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EItIuqdRkkR.xb

Try this instead ... very close to what you had but reprisal is a nice ability and you can macro it infront of your other skills so wont have to worry about forgetting to use it.

I.E:
    #show whateverskill
    /cast reprisal
    /cast phantom blow

Rift Disciple

Question about the macro.

Because reprisal does not affect global cooldown, does this mean when you use the macro it does reprisal and phantom Blow at the same time? The one thing I do not want to occur obviously is mess up my PB mitigation buff.

Secondly, has anyone parsed the numbers on here demonstrating how much extra damage this generates?

Thanks

Rift Disciple

No idea about the damage but not sure I would want to lose the mitigation for more attack. If it had a threat added to it other than the normal threat then maybe it could work.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sparo View Post
    Question about the macro.

Because reprisal does not affect global cooldown, does this mean when you use the macro it does reprisal and phantom Blow at the same time? The one thing I do not want to occur obviously is mess up my PB mitigation buff.

Secondly, has anyone parsed the numbers on here demonstrating how much extra damage this generates?

Thanks

Yes, it will do both abilities together. You should really macro Reprisal to all of your primary attacks, it's free damage and threat gen.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Krazed59 View Post
    Yes, it will do both abilities together. You should really macro Reprisal to all of your primary attacks, it's free damage and threat gen.
    Also it gives a combo point which is always nice as it helps keep your buffs up and get them up quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaden View Post
    No idea about the damage but not sure I would want to lose the mitigation for more attack. If it had a threat added to it other than the normal threat then maybe it could work.
    8 points in bd = False Blade

I run a 50 rs / 8 bd / 8 ran, out of raids. Instances are so easy these days that I tank the stuff mostly on dps gear, except for the toughness pieces. Good way to keep the stormcaller alive.

Rift Disciple

Ok I see the idea behind reprisal and seems like a pretty good idea. Now I am confused about False blades because I think we got enough finishers and another just adds more to the deal. I have never tanked as a rogue so I don't have first hand exp. Just wondering if anyone else runs it and how it works with multiple finishers. I figure keeping Rift Guard up is important and Guarded Steel as well and adding a third finisher may add more time to have one of the other finishers drop off?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast