+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SLIP AWAY- Not always slipping away...

Rift Master

Arrow SLIP AWAY- Not always slipping away...

Do we know exactly what is causing this? Slip Away stealth simply breaking instantly after use, or within the immunity phase...

I thought i had it narrowed down to a couple of causes, one being Auto attacks and poisons proccing off Serated Blades / Puncture dot. But ive also seen it simply unstealth right after use, without anything in the combat log, and no apparent reason as to what would have caused it.

If anyone has special insight as to what can be done beyond turning from your target / deselecting /etc in order to get Slip away to work properly, i would love to hear it. When it works, it is an excellent tool in our arsenal for increasing Burst against targets, but it just seems as sketchy as the incapacitate/lost hope bug in which your target is "out of line of sight/cannot be seen" and you have to wait for them to come out if it before you can hit them.
    Lewk- Prestige Rank 50 Rogue of Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post
    Do we know exactly what is causing this? Slip Away stealth simply breaking instantly after use, or within the immunity phase...

I thought i had it narrowed down to a couple of causes, one being Auto attacks and poisons proccing off Serated Blades / Puncture dot. But ive also seen it simply unstealth right after use, without anything in the combat log, and no apparent reason as to what would have caused it.

If anyone has special insight as to what can be done beyond turning from your target / deselecting /etc in order to get Slip away to work properly, i would love to hear it. When it works, it is an excellent tool in our arsenal for increasing Burst against targets, but it just seems as sketchy as the incapacitate/lost hope bug in which your target is "out of line of sight/cannot be seen" and you have to wait for them to come out if it before you can hit them.
    I have no clue, but it's bloody annoying. I've burned HV, then SA and still had stealth break instantly. So far I haven't been able to narrow it down either.

Its been happening way too often for way too long. So many times i could have secured a kill but because of slip away failing, ends up with me being dead..

Use slip away at your own risk. :P

And theres not even a fix mentioned for it in the patch notes.

Soulwalker

im not 100% certain but i think it is caused by mid flight projectiles, such as an arrow or fireball.

For example:

Enemy ranger shoots arrow at rogue at 0.0s
    rogue hits slip away at 0.1s
    arrow hits rogue at 0.2s and breaks stealth even though rogue is immune

I do know that if you seal a rift then stealth immediately, that the thing that shoots from the sky to you causes stealth to break.

Telaran

sometimes it doesnt even make me invis for its duration and i dont go into stealth even with hidden veil active

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zaemon View Post
    Its been happening way too often for way too long. So many times i could have secured a kill but because of slip away failing, ends up with me being dead..
    It is a feature. Rogue class is just to OP to allow its skills to function properly. Now with patch 1.2 our burst damage will increase tenfold so we just don't need stealth anymore.

from the discussion on the rogue patch notes
    One of the areas in Assassin we weren’t happy with is that Savage Strike and Backstab were often in competition for which is better to use. While we want Backstab to be punchier than Savage Strike just buffing its damage would result in far too much damage in general. At the same time we didn’t want to nerf Savage Strike to turn it into the ability that either wasn’t used or was that ability that is only used when Backstab can’t be used. We went back and forth over a number of solutions and in the end I think what we have now is an obvious use for both Savage Strike and Backstab that increases overall DPS and allows for extra burst especially when combined with other abilities at the start of combat.

We’re also looking into issues Slip Away and stealth in general, we know it doesn’t work right and we’re not happy about it either
    straight to post!
    Last edited by Azath; 04-28-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Derresh View Post
    im not 100% certain but i think it is caused by mid flight projectiles, such as an arrow or fireball.

For example:

Enemy ranger shoots arrow at rogue at 0.0s
    rogue hits slip away at 0.1s
    arrow hits rogue at 0.2s and breaks stealth even though rogue is immune

I do know that if you seal a rift then stealth immediately, that the thing that shoots from the sky to you causes stealth to break.
    Makes sense. There are numerous non-combat skills and effects that tend to break stealth with no logical reason. I think they will have to do a sweep over all the classes skills and abilities as well as basic game mechanics to see if certain things aren't causing some issues.

Trion was careful to buff mages in 1.1 patch but didnt fix this damn ability from the begin of beta for rogues.

The 1.2 notes mention something about it working on npcs more actively I think. I'll believe it when I see it but frankly I could care less about pve, I want it to work 100% in PVP like it's suppose to. As it is now most of the time it's only useful for the 3 seconds of immune.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

is very bad that this good ability dont work ,and 50 % of all damn times u just dont go invisible after u push slip away :/

+ Reply to Thread