+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Riftstalker/Bard

Soulwalker

Default Ranger/Riftstalker/Bard

I've seen a lot of topics on this setup, but I've just started and I'm concerned about my character's balance, having picked up my second soul a few quests ago.

Should I be primarily melee? Primarily ranged? Exclusively one or the other? This is in terms of where points should go and what style should be played. I want to be sure I don't spec to be terrible at both. Thanks in advance.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Glint View Post
    I've seen a lot of topics on this setup, but I've just started and I'm concerned about my character's balance, having picked up my second soul a few quests ago.

Should I be primarily melee? Primarily ranged? Exclusively one or the other? This is in terms of where points should go and what style should be played. I want to be sure I don't spec to be terrible at both. Thanks in advance.
    most people will tell you to go only one or the other, they will also tell you that there is only one build because it's min/maxed. don't listen. It's much more fun to play odd class combos that you enjoy and want to play.

I have one class set up as a rifstalker/ranger and really enjoy it. i can fight at ranged or melee. Especially in pvp where 99% of people are ranged magic dps it's nice to be able to build up combo points and slam some damaging finishers on them while you're trying to close the gap. if you're melee only you're half dead without doing any damage and can't get your shields up because you can't build combo points.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkandy View Post
    most people will tell you to go only one or the other, they will also tell you that there is only one build because it's min/maxed. don't listen. It's much more fun to play odd class combos that you enjoy and want to play.

I have one class set up as a rifstalker/ranger and really enjoy it. i can fight at ranged or melee. Especially in pvp where 99% of people are ranged magic dps it's nice to be able to build up combo points and slam some damaging finishers on them while you're trying to close the gap. if you're melee only you're half dead without doing any damage and can't get your shields up because you can't build combo points.
    Thanks a lot, I'll try to maintain some balance as I level then. Should I pretty evenly distribute points among the three then?

+ Reply to Thread