+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best: petless, ranged, single target DPS build?

Soulwalker

Default Best: petless, ranged, single target DPS build?

Hi there fellow rogues,

The title pretty much says what I'm looking for. While I know this has not been tested/compared to the point where you can definately say what build is the best - I would like to know what you raiding, non AoE-spamming rogues that roll without pets are using or think is the best dps.

Just started raiding GsB with my guild and I'm doing surpringsingly well on my current 51MM/15NB/0SIN build ( http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EGtRqdAudR.V0h ) - averaging ~620 dps after 12-15 tries on duke almost only single target dps. (3 T2 items including 36 dps bow, rest T1, hitcapped at 220) This is enough to be on the top 3 on the dps meter (we're newbies) - but reading the forums I get the feeling I'm missing out on some DPS by going full MM.

Which build/builds do you think is better than my current (or even the best) that live up to these requirements:

-Not pet reliant
    -Ranged
    -Focused on single target dps (not needing AoE to get up on the DPS meter)

If you would be so kind as to post a quick rotation on the build aswell it would be much appriciated, if you don't have time, just a build would be awesome aswell!

Thanks in advanced, and sorry if this post have been up 50 times in the last week - I tried google and couldn't find anything and since the game is constantly changing it's kinda hard to get fresh info.

Cheers!

-Broman

Soulwalker

Why on earth are you putting that many points into marksman instead of picking up melted skin and heat retention in the nightblade tree? That loss of +30% damage on finishers has to be murdering your dps.

If you're just raiding, and not pvping, you can drop a ton of the pointless skills you're putting points into in the marksman tree. Close quarters combat, on the double, get away, repelling shot, etc. You can probably drop improved quick shot too.

Edit: Also I just realized you want to focus on single target dps, not aoe. Since that's the case, you could drop collateral damage and crossfire too.

Edit part dos: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0Ahbo.V0tMG0gM - I'm sorta watching the rangers game right now so I might have messed something up while throwing that together.
    Last edited by tatezilla; 04-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.

the most petless dps i have come with is the 28nb/21mm/17sin. this build requires buffs though so it will parse less on a dummy with any build that uses lethal poison due to it losing 5% crit right there.

come 1.2 ill probably try a 51mm/15nb build since it comes with purge, that alone makes it useful.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by tatezilla View Post
    Why on earth are you putting that many points into marksman instead of picking up melted skin and heat retention in the nightblade tree? That loss of +30% damage on finishers has to be murdering your dps.
    Sniper's Pedestal gives you 30% dmg bonus on EVERY attack, finisher or not. And you don't need to stack 5 debuffs on targrt.

Shadowlander

I was actually going to post a thread about this just before I saw this one.

I have a strong pve build for world,

A bard support build for dungeons if needed.

But I have no decent build for boss fights (bdancer does most of its damage through dodges and parries, and if you arnt the target of the boss (which you shouldnt be) dodges and parries mean nothing)

Ive played around with a nightblade spec for switching between ranged and melee dps as needed, but it doesnt seem to be doing enough damage. So any information on, just like the OP,
    a non-pet,
    ranged,
    Single target damage
    spec would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Fanticore; 04-28-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Imo, something along these lines would be best: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EGtoVbAhzo.VM

It sucks to have to take a useless 3/3 Serrated Blades as it doesn't work with ranged weapons, but Cruel Vengence and Magnifying Pain are amazing.

There are enough points in Ranger for the AP buff and some extra % dmg with ranged weapons, and the rest are dumped into Marksman.

The NB option is also excellent, but I really like the AP buff
    Last edited by Larloch; 04-28-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Golarz View Post
    Sniper's Pedestal gives you 30% dmg bonus on EVERY attack, finisher or not. And you don't need to stack 5 debuffs on targrt.
    That is somewhat misleading. Nightblade is 15%-20% damage without heat retention. The heat retention is anpother 30% on your finishers on top of that. And you still have the marksman pedestal which is 10%. That adds up to way more than 20% gained from using the snipers pedestal over the marksman pedestal.

And you will probably have points to spare to put into ranger (without pet) or assassin as well.

The only reason to put more than 21-24 points in Marksman is to get either strafe or reload or controlled fire.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    That is somewhat misleading. Nightblade is 15%-20% damage without heat retention. The heat retention is anpother 30% on your finishers on top of that. And you still have the marksman pedestal which is 10%. That adds up to way more than 20% gained from using the snipers pedestal over the marksman pedestal.

And you will probably have points to spare to put into ranger (without pet) or assassin as well.

The only reason to put more than 21-24 points in Marksman is to get either strafe or reload or controlled fire.
    this, as of right now the 28nb/21mm/17sin destroys any 51mm/x/x build because of the many % dmg bonuses from nightblade that are passive as well as 30% dmg on finishers + 10% dmg pedestal far outweighs a 30% dmg pedestal. sure you can still get 20% dmg from nightblade and the 30% dmg pedestal, but your crits wont be doing 20% more, with the 5% crit and 14% dmg from assassin as you do not have enough points.

assuming 15 points in nightblade you can get 30% pedestal and 23% dmg to your abilities with helfire blades.

with 28 points in nightblade and 17 in assasin you lose 20% from pedestal, gain SoD and 9% more non physical dmg (which in this case is SoD) as well as 30% more dmg to your finishers (now 10% higher than 51mm). now you gain 5% crit from sin, 4% physical dmg 10% everything dmg (brining SoD dmg up some more) and 20% more dmg on crits giving your abilities way more dmg than if you were 51mm.

of course next patch with 51mm you can use empower shot and deadeye shot without a bard (which you will have in raids so not useful when u do have a bard). but the huge kicker to 51mm that makes it raid worthy is the purge!!! 2 spell purge with 0 cooldown is simply put, amazing for raids!!! this alone will make me try it out come 1.2 for raiding, i may even drop my melee build because purge is utility that melee will never have.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Broman View Post
    Best: petless, ranged, single target DPS build? The title pretty much says what I'm looking for:
    -Not pet reliant
    -Ranged
    -Focused on single target dps (not needing AoE to get up on the DPS meter)
    That would be a toss up between a mage or a ranged warrior.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    That would be a toss up between a mage or a ranged warrior.

Cheers!
    im pushing 880 range dps in raids with my spec/gear. ive yet to see a warrior push over 700-750 even raid buffed.

range warriors still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    im pushing 880 range dps in raids with my spec/gear. ive yet to see a warrior push over 700-750 even raid buffed.
    You have terrible warriors then .
    I'm raging with ire, an ocean of fire.
    My Wrath is the path to all I desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoness View Post
    well they push 1.3k dps as BM, so yeah they are terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoness View Post
    I think he meant ranged Warriors.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    this, as of right now the 28nb/21mm/17sin destroys any 51mm/x/x build because of the many % dmg bonuses from nightblade that are passive as well as 30% dmg on finishers + 10% dmg pedestal far outweighs a 30% dmg pedestal. sure you can still get 20% dmg from nightblade and the 30% dmg pedestal, but your crits wont be doing 20% more, with the 5% crit and 14% dmg from assassin as you do not have enough points.

assuming 15 points in nightblade you can get 30% pedestal and 23% dmg to your abilities with helfire blades.

with 28 points in nightblade and 17 in assasin you lose 20% from pedestal, gain SoD and 9% more non physical dmg (which in this case is SoD) as well as 30% more dmg to your finishers (now 10% higher than 51mm). now you gain 5% crit from sin, 4% physical dmg 10% everything dmg (brining SoD dmg up some more) and 20% more dmg on crits giving your abilities way more dmg than if you were 51mm.

of course next patch with 51mm you can use empower shot and deadeye shot without a bard (which you will have in raids so not useful when u do have a bard). but the huge kicker to 51mm that makes it raid worthy is the purge!!! 2 spell purge with 0 cooldown is simply put, amazing for raids!!! this alone will make me try it out come 1.2 for raiding, i may even drop my melee build because purge is utility that melee will never have.
    can you link the build? =]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast