+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogues and Complaining

Shadowlander

Default Rogues and Complaining

I understand rogues have some issues and tweaks are needed. I understand that mages and (to some degree) clerics need to be looked at.

Regardless, I think rogues are really overacting with their problems. Much like mages were before the last content patch, which gave them too much.

You (rogues) need to calm down, else Trion overreacts and makes you into the new mage. Offer constructive feedback and don't just mindlessly whine. If you truly care about balance, you wouldn't want to be the new FOTM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rxamin View Post
    I understand rogues have some issues and tweaks are needed. I understand that mages and (to some degree) clerics need to be looked at.

Regardless, I think rogues are really overacting with their problems. Much like mages were before the last content patch, which gave them too much.

You (rogues) need to calm down, else Trion overreacts and makes you into the new mage. Offer constructive feedback and don't just mindlessly whine. If you truly care about balance, you wouldn't want to be the new FOTM.
    Gave them too much? Can you elaborate which mage calling besides Pyro that got, "TOO MUCH".

The only thing i saw as a chloro, necro or warlock was cloth armor being buffed a little to be slightly less squishy and damage for mages at lower level brought in line with other dps classes. Of course at 50 I didnt see a "TOO MUCH" difference in the damage I was dealing before patch than after.

But I agree some people need to spend more time playing instead of whining. Its so bad that on the test server 1.2 Mage feedback thread the VAST majority of posts are by other classes saying that Pyro should be nerfed or how rogues suck, instead of actual mages commenting on what needs to change about their class.
    Last edited by jereome; 04-27-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Trion is looking into Clerics, and a buff is coming in the next coming patch. So don't worry about them, and mages aren't getting nerfed that much they will still be viable. Some soul for the rogue tree seems to be a bit too powerful at the moment especially NB and Bard, I would like to see Trion tone us down a bit. This coming from a rogue, Cleric on the other hand severely needs a DPS buff before us.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by InitialRIFT View Post
    Trion is looking into Clerics, and a buff is coming in the next coming patch. So don't worry about them, and mages aren't getting nerfed that much they will still be viable. Some soul for the rogue tree seems to be a bit too powerful at the moment especially NB and Bard, I would like to see Trion tone us down a bit. This coming from a rogue, Cleric on the other hand severely needs a DPS buff before us.
    wha? Bard powerful? cuz i know in PVP i cant pull a healer and survivle a 2v1 fight as a R4 44bard/20inf...

i love my rogue
    its a nasty piece of work when it has a target locked in and so much fun to work
    but theres 3 other classes out there, with all those other souls
    not to mention a whole other story line
    im fine with laying off it until some kind of reprieve comes for her.
    who took my names!

Shield of Telara

Actually I think its rather unfair to lay the blame at the rogues, when its rather obvious who is doing all the *****ing and moaning.

Those doing the whining and moaning are PVP'ers that whine that their one chosen class doesnt have an "I WIN" button and that their class cant, "DO IT ALL" and that they cant stand the fact that they just, "SUCK" in pvp. So instead they whine that they cant kill a healer without healing debuffs and that some mage didnt have enough sense to lie down and die when they looked at them.

What really pisses me off the most is that the game is fine PVE wise and these children are actually impacting the game PVE wise.

I have an idea how bout Trion makes more pvp souls and make it to where the normal souls will do nothing in pvp. So people will have to have a pvp soul build in order to pvp. And if the people whine, ***** and moan about the pvp builds then it doesnt affect me whatsoever since I prefer to actually play the game in pve. I.e. Pyromancer will now become pyromaniac....

How do you milk a train?

This is an internet forum, everything is is overly dramatic and exaggerated EVERYTHING!

Rogues are acting no different now than the other classes player base did/will when they are up on deck for a revamping.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Rift Disciple

PVP'ers complain, PVE'ers complain, QQs complain, counter QQs complain, your complaining, im complaining, my cats are complaining...

Just because the game is primarly PVE focued, it has limited PVE content, PVPing is considered endgame along with raids in all games that have PVP in them, why? because PVP doesnt need a scripted boss to unfold and PVP does not have a lock out period. what do people do between raids, experts, and dailys? grinding rep... also limited... once thats done what do they do sit around in main citys telling Chuck Norris jokes and queing for PVP. So yeah, i say more time is put into Players PVPing then PVEing, thats why skills get nerfed and tweaked for PVP reasons, but skills are also nerfed in PVP for PVE reasons too (look at reaver AoE grinding)

in closing Q_Q

I have a lot of fun on my Rogue and like to think I am not part of the Rogue complaining bandwagon. I admit that I think the Rogue calling has some issues, but I do think the forum exaggerates it (which is fine, really, it is what forums do).

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySmurf View Post
    How do you milk a train?
    It involves a bucket, a pair of pliers, and, of course, a ten-gallon hat.
    Last edited by Wulfhunter; 04-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Rift Disciple

Here's the sad truth about Rogue's

You've hit level 50, got some really nice crafted gear and your damage rotations down pat. It's the weekend and you're planning on getting into a T1 run or two.

You watch the chat channels and see someone looking for a DPS for a T1 run. You send that person a tell and get one back asking "What class are you?" To which you answer back "I'm a Rogue."
    ....Silence, is your answer back.

This has happened so often it's depressing. About the only time I can get into a group now is if it's a guild run made up of fellow guildies or a PUG run where I get tapped because theirs a Guild member that's already in it and will vouch for me.

Now I could, and have gone Bard before, in fact it's kind of sad when the chat channels are now spammed "Rogue - Bard/Support LFG for T1/T2 runs". Nothing about DPS. Thing is, Bard is the poor mans choice for groups that can't get a Cholo Mage for PUGs.

So while I don't think Rogues need much of a change, they still need a tweak or two to bring them up to the other classes. Plus a very good PR overhaul.

Iv played 1.2, there is NO way im paying for "buffs" that make my character worse. There are too many rogues in-game, trions plan is really good actually.
    Rogues are like Sienfeld, the show about nothing, Except it goes: rogues, good at nothing.
    Last edited by zets; 04-27-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=443735&dateline=12991  91838

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    i love my rogue
    its a nasty piece of work when it has a target locked in and so much fun to work
    but theres 3 other classes out there, with all those other souls
    not to mention a whole other story line
    im fine with laying off it until some kind of reprieve comes for her.
    You wont be locking in ANYTHING except mobs post 1.2, locking in is really the only thing rogues had going.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=443735&dateline=12991  91838

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dobranoc View Post
    wha? Bard powerful? cuz i know in PVP i cant pull a healer and survivle a 2v1 fight as a R4 44bard/20inf...
    ahahhaa he also wants some DPS buff for clerics, where are they lacking so much pve/pvp? just ignore the man

What a well-informed, factual and educated post describing the state of rogues... not!

How about you go ahead and level a rogue to 50, then to prestige rank 6 (all-the-while-gearing-the-rogue-up) and then you come back here to give us a report about your experiences...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast