+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: marksman pvp

Shadowlander

Default marksman pvp

can anyone hook me up with a good marksman pvp talent tree quick. thanks guys.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by leuer1414 View Post
    can anyone hook me up with a good marksman pvp talent tree quick. thanks guys.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vzz.Vhtzrog0os

Shadowlander

i actually looked at that spec, any way you can give me a skill rotation?

Rift Disciple

I use a spec that very similar, in my case I just don't have as many pvp ranks, so I only have five in infiltrator. Works better than a lot of stuff I've tried.

So deep into NB that I have trouble calling it MM but that does look pretty sexy. A hell of a lot better than pure MM that just shoot and shoot and shoot all day but never accomplish anything.

I bet Fell Blades + Cloudy on Fan Out is a real pisser as well.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    So deep into NB that I have trouble calling it MM but that does look pretty sexy. A hell of a lot better than pure MM that just shoot and shoot and shoot all day but never accomplish anything.

I bet Fell Blades + Cloudy on Fan Out is a real pisser as well.
    Yeah I said the same thing when I first tried it. Its pretty much a NB build that uses MM abillities.

Quote Originally Posted by leuer1414 View Post
    i actually looked at that spec, any way you can give me a skill rotation?
    There isnt really a rotation, but

make sure Barbed shot is always up
    spam Swift shot to build CP
    use Twilight force for a snare or for damage when the target is below 30%
    use Hasted shot as the finisher unless you want more burst then use Deadeye

Without controlled fire you cant really use Hit & Run like a normal MM, I combine it with Ebon fury. Spam Twilight force and use Hit & Run for instant Deadeyes. The fact that your CP builders only take 15 energy kind of makes up for the fact the Deadeye takes so much.

When you get in trouble you have on the double + TS or Cleanse soul.

I forgot to mention SoD which is nice for when you need more burst. I am also interested to see how it works with the new Rapid fire shot. If it procs off of every shot instead of just the first it should be a lot of burst.
    Last edited by Dahrken; 04-27-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Rift Disciple

Click.

I run the above build in PvP and perform pretty decently with it.

Not a huge fan of the other build posted but to each his own. =p

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsworn View Post
    Click.

I run the above build in PvP and perform pretty decently with it.

Not a huge fan of the other build posted but to each his own. =p
    You should at least take Ebon fury.

I dont see the point in puting all of those points into MM and not getting controlled fire. You must be energy starved when you use Hit & Run.

Rift Disciple

Ebon Fury is rather useless for me. Twilight force is a 20 yd. range skill and I don't like spamming an attack repeatedly at close range if at all possible. Experience has shown me that I'm asking to be stunned by a warrior or being the first focused fire target while doing that and that is typically a bad thing. I use it as a snare and nothing more than that. You'll get stronger burst damage out of a SoD/Strafe/Quick Reload/Bullseye/H&R/Deadeye Shot/Strafe than you will spamming Twilight Force.

Hit and Run's only purpose for me is to make Deadeye Shot instacast.

Controlled Fire is OK but is it really worth giving up Fell Blades for that? I don't think so.

Koe

I run 38mm/18sin/10inf for my PvP spec. Lacks a healing debuff, but I wouldn't target clerics anyways with their ridiculous DR. Only in a premade when I have a proper train will I go after a cleric.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    I run 38mm/18sin/10inf for my PvP spec. Lacks a healing debuff, but I wouldn't target clerics anyways with their ridiculous DR. Only in a premade when I have a proper train will I go after a cleric.
    Exact same setup for me atm, and possibly dabbling in 44 mm for the buff shear sometime after the patch.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Champion of Telara

Ebon Fury is rather useless for me. Twilight force is a 20 yd. range skill and I don't like spamming an attack repeatedly at close range if at all possible. Experience has shown me that I'm asking to be stunned by a warrior or being the first focused fire target while doing that and that is typically a bad thing. I use it as a snare and nothing more than that. You'll get stronger burst damage out of a SoD/Strafe/Quick Reload/Bullseye/H&R/Deadeye Shot/Strafe than you will spamming Twilight Force.

Controlled Fire is OK but is it really worth giving up Fell Blades for that? I don't think so.
    I wouldnt get controlled fire as you can see from the spec I posted, but I wouldnt get strafe either.

Im not really going to debate the usefullness of Ebon Fury, its one point, I think its worth getting.

You arent really forsaking Ebon fury for that combo you listed. You are giving up Ebon fury for 15% weapon enchant damage. You are giving up damage from another tree like Infiltrator or Assassin for that combo you listed. My point was You MIGHT be able to justify it if you could get controlled fire, without it I dont think so. Even the instant shot deadeyes cost 60 energy.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Heal debuffs also work on nonclerics FYI.

Rift Disciple

Hello,

Your logic here intrigues me. I use a similar build but with Ebon Fury, and Crossfire. I can understand your logic against ebon fury, although when people DO get close, for 1 point, it does let you burn people down really fast instead of using swift shot as a combo point builder (if not for the 50% bonus AP ratio, but for the dirt cheap energy cost). Why not put a single point in for those situations?

Why no crossfire? I ask here because I myself em not sure of the 'goodness' of this ability, but I have popped it in some WF and done spectacular damage with it.

In short, it sounds like you have a lot of experience with your build and since its so similar to my own, I want to understand if maybe I'm mislead

Also, what macro do you use?

Telaran

This is my spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast