+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is something amiss with our crit rate?

Plane Walker

Default Is something amiss with our crit rate?

I finally scored an epic DPS ranged weapon in expert CC today (36 DPS bow - huge upgrade from my old 26.5 DPS crafted bow) and headed back to Meridian to do some testing on the boss dummy to see how much my DPS would go up. After running 8 parses (using ACT) I found something peculiar, the crit rate ACT was reporting was substantially lower than what my character sheet states. I'm currently running a 31 ranger/18 MM/17 Sin build and self buffed (Predatory Instincts, Lethal Poison, and Virulent Poison) I'm averaging 650-670 DPS. My character sheet reports a 32% physical crit rate and with Lethal Poison when it procs (and it is almost always up) my crit rate jumps 5% to 37%.

Yet, after doing eight 5 minute parses ACT states that my crit rate is only 20-22%. I did a 9th parse of just auto attacks for 10 minutes and my crit rate came in at 22%.

Is this some anomaly with how ACT reports crits? Anyone else tested this out? A bug?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Shadowlander

Are you looking at your overall crit rate? If so, it's averaging all the 0%s from your poisons. I'd look at yer swift/quickshot spam's crit rate.

Champion of Telara

If you have merge pets..You pets auto-attacks count as yours in ACT.

Hence your 22% instead of 37%.

This for the auto-attack crit rate.

Generally dont look at the overall crit rate..but at the abilities themselves..

Poisons and other stuff do not crit..Therefor you get reports like that.

Check your abilities and you have your answer.

If you dont..Then no idea.
    Last edited by potis; 04-27-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline View Post
    Are you looking at your overall crit rate? If so, it's averaging all the 0%s from your poisons. I'd look at yer swift/quickshot spam's crit rate.
    This. I made the same mistake too a while back, then realized a lot of my abilities it averaged in had a crit rate of 0 (poisons, serrated blades), skewing the overall amount.

Plane Walker

Thanks for the replies all. That seems to be the problem. Looking at my individual abilities I get (in order of highest crit rate to lowest):
    Hasted Shot = 36%
    Swift Shot = 33%
    Quick Shot 32%
    Piercing Shot = 31%
    Head Shot = 25%

+ Reply to Thread