+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 51MM 620 DPS on Test (in T2 Gear)

Shadowlander

Default 1.2 51MM 620 DPS on Test (in T2 Gear)

Hey, I know a lot of people have been looking for some info on how Marksman is shaping up on Test. I hopped over there this morning and thankfully Mr. Level 50 was up so I could do some testing this afternoon.

Here's what I came up with, the picture pretty much has all the relevant info in it. Also note, the gear is the T2 set (so, all purple T2 stuff):

http://i.imgur.com/yEM7c.jpg

Here's the spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EGtRqdAudR.V0h

I also did some testing to see how Empowered Shot and Deadeye fair after the change to sniper training, turns out not so well. When using empowered or deadeye the game doesn't resume autoattack, resulting in a dps loss. I forgot to turn off hellfire/smoldering when doing the test, oops, so if there's a good argument for redoing them without those up (though subtracted from the total dps), I'll redo it.

http://i.imgur.com/l1Kx6.jpg

(Edit: Forgot to write that the last one includes hasted, but it does.)

Test's down right now, but I plan to repeat the 51MM dps test with the raid equipment set (relic weapons) to see how it changes. Some preliminary foolin' around with a similar-yet-different spec was showing about 670 with the raid gear, but we'll see after Test comes back.

Oh, and currently Rapid Fire Shot is acting like detonate used to, so its an all/nothing crit. This will probably change (after all, detonate did) and will likely lower the overall DPS. Marksman pedestal is still 10% and sniper pedestal is still 30%. 38MM builds subbed with 19 BD, 26 NB, 17 SIN & 7 RNG, 17 SIN & 11 NB, all seem to be doing less than 51MM builds, but I didn't save any of those logs - don't take my word for it if you want to do your own testing!
    Last edited by Gasoline; 04-27-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Telaran

Thanks a lot for the info and the parses.

Your finishers constituted 40% of your total damage, and combo builders 44%, with procs and auto attacks making up the difference of just shy of 16%.

By varying your spec slightly, dropping 2 points out of assassin, and grabbing 5/5 coup de grace, you will boost your finishers slightly, but at a slight loss in total dps (maybe 1.5% drop). But then, if you add 1 or 2 points into melted skin, and lose out on 1% or 2% crit, you will gain nearly 5% total damage, for a net gain of nearly 4% depending on the uptime of melted skin.

Whether this will pan out in practise is another thing. Thats just thumb-suck maths as I said.

Plane Touched

Well, this is all pretty depressing. I must say, I had expected this to be the maximum output dps of marksman. So the trend for pathetic rogue dps continues.

The things that make me the most frustrated are the following:
    1) pedestals still exist
    2) auto ranged attack still fails, despite Trion's supposed effort to fix it.
    3) empowered shot and deadeye shot are still useless outside of Hit and run (do a dmg to energy calc on these, I dare you. even taking into account energy regen during casting...)

So to summarize the 'overhaul to the MM soul'... Trion basically just changed one ability (rapid fire shot), removed the necessity for a macro that was not cumbersome to use in the first place (hit and run + controlled fire) and still failed to fix the ranged auto attack bug. FANTASTIC! THANK YOU TRION!

I only have one character, it is a rogue. I am not making another character. This patch will make or break whether or not i resub. I know what outcome I am placing my bets on......... i think most warriors and rogues are thinking the same thing. Gersh... please..... If i had known your were class dev before i entered beta...
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-27-2011 at 02:01 PM.

eh 51 mm... fail... i can understand in a raid going 44+ for the purge but you will do more dps as a mm going 28nightblade 20mm 17sin with 1 floater point
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

I'll try it out with 2/2 Melted Skin and 28nb/20mm/17sin when Alpha comes back up.

Regarding the rotation for 28/20/17:

swift5 SoD, swift5 RFS, swift5 Hasted, with SoD and RFS on cd? Anything else to it?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline View Post
    I'll try it out with 2/2 Melted Skin and 28nb/20mm/17sin when Alpha comes back up.

Regarding the rotation for 28/20/17:

swift5 SoD, swift5 RFS, swift5 Hasted, with SoD and RFS on cd? Anything else to it?
    Why hasted?

normally: swift5 SoD, swift5 RFS, and then repeat. did they change RFS to have a cooldown?

SoD will end directly after RFS. you should be able to get approximately 3 more rotations of RFS in before SoD is back up. You will be energy starved, so it will not be the mathematically expected 4 rotations.
    Last edited by Bartimus; 04-27-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Shadowlander

Oh, er, yeah. RFS has a 30s cooldown on Test.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline View Post
    Oh, er, yeah. RFS has a 30s cooldown on Test.
    Suck! that is from zero cooldown... I wish they would have removed hasted instead of the old rapid fire then.... or if they had made deadeye useful... that would have been fine too. But the energy/dmg is horrible on deadeye, total waste of an ability.

Plane Touched

Nice post. One thing though that would be interesting to test if you're up for it (I'm at work at the moment so I can't myself) is to make a macro to resume auto-attack after Emp/Deadeye, and see if somehow with a macro you can make it more competitive DPS-wise.

Also assuming when/if they do fix the pedastals to give the increased amounts that will probably up your DPS closer to 650, which for a 51 build I don't really see being all that bad relatively speaking. Most top DPS builds aren't pure 51 builds AFAIK.

The real thing I'm curious about is how the MM buffs will affect the popular RA/MM/AS build going around, which already pumps out competitive RDPS.

Soulwalker

eh, its one less buff to keep track of. I can just macro it to hasted shot now.

Frankly, I'm pretty impressed by 650 dps in t2 gear with a 51pt build, considering that same build does so much less damage on live than spending those points in other trees.

I mean you gain 20% damage by getting the improved ped. But if you went into nightblade, you could get 15% on builders and finishers as well as putting points into Sin for some good passive bonuses.

I would think that http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EGtRqdAudR.V0h would generate much higher damage if you're not willing to take the purge at a dps loss. Kind of have to eat 3 pts in serrated blades, but the crit damage and on crit proc are just so nice to have.

Lets not forget that Marksman wouldn't have a pet, which can be a Liability (Actually the name of my raptor...), has great mobility, never runs oom, and isn't in melee. In many fights those qualities will result in higher damage in comparison.

Very curious to try these changes out for myself when my work schedule stops being nuts.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bartimus View Post
    Suck! that is from zero cooldown... I wish they would have removed hasted instead of the old rapid fire then.... or if they had made deadeye useful... that would have been fine too. But the energy/dmg is horrible on deadeye, total waste of an ability.
    IMO for Marksman to be fun and different, we need Empowered Shot and Deadeye to both be used as much as possible. Otherwise it plays like a petless ranger, which granted is more fun than having a pet, but not by much.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    eh 51 mm... fail... i can understand in a raid going 44+ for the purge but you will do more dps as a mm going 28nightblade 20mm 17sin with 1 floater point
    All around failure by Trion. This is one of many reasons I've canceled my account and am futzing around on a cleric until it expires. Why oh why did they make NB/Sin REQUIRED to take with every other soul? It guarantees that there will never be a viable 51 point build, because 15-20 points in these callings out dps any 51 point build. It's stupid.

Comparing rogues to any other calling is mostly laughable, the fan bois in here are rather blissful in their ignorance.
    Last edited by Nyah; 04-27-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Champion of Telara

Does rapid fire shot count as 6 different attack that can all proc things? Does it act like a channel? Or are all the shots lumped into 1 number like charges used to do?

Soulwalker

I'm doing about 600 dps self buffed as 17/31/18 (MM/Ranger/Sin). I also have half garbage pvp gear, a few leveling blues, about 2 T2 items, and about 5 T1 items.

So yeah, my terrible gear will still outdps a full T2 MM on the PTR.

Worthless to try that.

Self-buffed I'm at 34.65% crit, 344 AP, 144 Hit (364 Dex).

Shadowlander

Default 693 dps!

Woo, alpha's back up.

Here's the run with 21MM/28NB/17SIN in the T2 gear, same stats as previous:

http://i.imgur.com/1qSvz.jpg

Here's the same build in the raid gear (Verdant Longbow, relic daggers) pulling 685 DPS (though I forgot lethal poison, so the difference between 15NB and 7NB+8SIN is probably a lil' less):

http://i.imgur.com/OjaAF.jpg

And, 51MM/15NB/0SIN pulling 693 DPS with the same gear:

http://i.imgur.com/I1kdE.jpg

Bear in mind the only buffs up are virulent poison, hellfire blades, and the pedestal, so raid buffed it will obviously do more. How much more? Dunno. Also, you need to have a verdant longbow.

Rapid Fire Shot was buffed a little bit while Test was down, went from a 30s cd to a 20s cd.

Lastly, The Weeping Edge is affecting ranged currently.

EDIT: Seems like this will perform pretty well in the expert dungeons with its front-weighted damage and the dungeons' short duration fights.
    Last edited by Gasoline; 04-27-2011 at 07:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast