+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker44/NB12/BD10 critique

Default Riftstalker44/NB12/BD10 critique

Hello all,

I'd like to offer the build I've been using for solo grinding Stillmoor daily's as well as off tanking and main tanking the T1's. The only boss I've really had issues with is Konstantine in KB beacuse the initial spike damage is so great.

I spec'd 44 points in Riftstalker to get the 44th point skill Planar Attraction, which i consider an essential aggro skill in T1's. In the RS tree, I bypassed the increased damage modifiers and concentrated strickly on the defensive skills and passives.

I went 10 pts into Bladedancer for the two essentials it offers: +5 to Hit and +5 to Dodge

12 pts into Nightblade is really where I differ from most builds that I've seen for Riftstalker. It gives me the utility to melee more damage for soloing, while giving me utility of Stealth and a ranged 45 second incapacitate, so that I can basically control my own multi pulls without having to rely on other Rogue and Mage Cc's. It also gives me Hellfire Blades, +15% to finishers and +15% to combo generating skills... plus the added 10% fire and death damage redution from Fire & Death Attunement.

I'm currently in all T1 gear with T2 shoes. My hit is 157 and my toughness when I put on my tanking gear is 78

The build has been working very well and I have no complaints at this point. But I wanted to open it up for critique and suggestion. Flaming aside, I'd welcome your opinions.

Thanks in advance ... here's the build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0b.vIthuqzRkkM

Paradigm (Tracilords on Gnarlwood)

RIFT Guide Writer

Forgot to say what I like - the NB for AE threat from Weapon Flare + Fire/Death damage reduction for tanking.

I would move Death from the Shadows to Hasted Time because the speed buff is very handy in encounters where you have to kite, like Konstantin. phase jump, +30% speed, you're clear. It's just a generic handy thing to have imo.

I would also lose Unseen Fury for Planar Switch. Though, I can see where Weapon Flare spam might be good enough for AE threat and you don't really need to tab target - Planar Switch - Planar Strike a lot.

Biggest change would be to drop Combat Expertise, grab Reprisal and Strike Back, and macro Reprisal into your normal attacks for cheap extra threat + combo points. Then put the last 2 points into RS to boost Rift Guard another 1%. Obviously, if you have no +Hit gear, this won't work at start - get +Hit gear imo.
    Last edited by Kurieg; 04-27-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Actually I'm using this spec for Soloing. Ok its not something new or anything.

20as/30bd/16rs

Rly good healing with poison and Combo point. I'm using a healing trinket that heal me when I do Damage (and BD hit a lot)
    I have the shield and absorb from the RS
    Get the phase from RS too.

With that spec, you can solo quest in stillmore and close Minor lvl 50 rift up to the stage 5 (stage 6 is possible with a healer)
    Fili - The Bard - Lvl 50 - Guild Sinister
    My youtube channel is Here for Combat video

Koe

For tanking you need 51 RS.

Beyond that you can do pretty much what you want. I like to put the 15 into BD for more aggro/dodge. Could also do 10 in NB for the better AoE, and 5 in BD or something.

Basically, 51 RS and then have fun.

you can tank with 48 RS/10 NB/8 BD without losing too much mitigation. You gain the combo generation of Reprisal, the Aggro control of Side-Steps + Strike Back and the extended AOE Aggro management of Weapon Flare.

Losing Scatter the Shadows kinda sucks, but the gains from the other two have outweighed it thus far. Macro Rift Disturbance with Weapon Flare and never lose AOE Aggro again.

Thanks! I appreciate the constructive replies ... I will tweak here and there based on your suggestions and see where the differences lie. One question though ... why do you believe it's necessary to go 51 pts into RS? The 3 second damage and CC immunity at 51 pts is actually pretty OP, but you have to pick up damage modifiers along the way, when tanking isn't so much about damage as it is mitigation and controlling the fight.

Interesting though .. I'll do a little research and experiementing to see the cost/loss/gain at 51pts versus what you lose by spending money in the damage modifiers in RS ...

Good information all ... preciate it
    Last edited by Paradigm; 04-27-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate the constructive replies ... I will tweak here and there based on your suggestions and see where the differences lie. One question though ... why do you believe it's necessary to go 51 pts into RS? The 3 second damage and CC immunity at 51 pts is actually pretty OP, but you have to pick up damage modifiers along the way, when tanking isn't so much about damage as it is mitigation and controlling the fight.

Interesting though .. I'll do a little research and experiementing to see the cost/loss/gain at 51pts versus what you lose by spending money in the damage modifiers in RS ...

Good information all ... preciate it
    Imp Guardian Phase, Imp Rift Guard. Those abilities are what require you to go 51 RS.

+ Reply to Thread