+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Melee DPS in 1.2

Soulwalker

Default Melee DPS in 1.2

After reading all the changes I was thinking something like this might be good especially in 1.2 with a lot of improvement to assassin especially serpent strike. This is meant for single target DPS, I know theres a lot out there like BD/NB/Sin thats great for aoe and single target. I'm looking for best single target for boss fights, I can switch to an aoe role as needed.

Please discuss, give different builds and criticism. Thanks.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....GARftsfqddR.V
    Last edited by Aletan; 04-27-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Koe

Something like

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ARftsfqddR.V0z

would be better

Gives you a ranged attack/finisher for those times when you gotta run out of melee, or get knocked back. Think Icetalon in expert AP.

Edit: Only problem is no AoE whatsoever. So, if you need to AoE take your build. I'd take 2 out of sab and put them in NB for the +5% damage on Hellfire, personally.
    Last edited by Koe; 04-27-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Yeah 51 Assassin looks like it might be comparable to nightblade, which would be nice. Honestly it should be a bit higher since Nightblade can do better DPS on fights that have mechanics that force you out of melee range for a few seconds, but we'll see.

One thing about your spec- You might want to compare it to 9 Nightblade, 6 Ranger. The 5% crit and +46 AP buff are better than 15% dex and 3% finisher damage I believe. You also get a better ranged combo point builder and finisher for fights where you have to back out of melee range.

E- Koe I think you have the wrong link there, the one you posted is identical to the OP.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 04-27-2011 at 06:57 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Yeah 51 Assassin looks like it might be comparable to nightblade, which would be nice. Honestly it should be a bit higher since Nightblade can do better DPS on fights that have mechanics that force you out of melee range for a few seconds, but we'll see.

One thing about your spec- You might want to compare it to 9 Nightblade, 6 Ranger. The 5% crit and +46 AP buff are better than 15% dex and 3% finisher damage I believe. You also get a better ranged combo point builder and finisher for fights where you have to back out of melee range.

E- Koe I think you have the wrong link there, the one you posted is identical to the OP.

Thanks. The build was exactly what you said.

Soulwalker

I'm looking forward to rogues getting some love in 1.2. Hoping it catches us up with other classes.

Soulwalker

Din and Koe, thanks I didn't even think of that. The +5% crit is nice because with the +15% dex i think my crit rating only when up maybe 1%. But i wasn't sure if that was enough to go with it over the dex, however great point on going 6 ranger to also get the AP from predatory instincts. Looks solid.
    Last edited by Aletan; 04-27-2011 at 07:31 AM.

what's your goal? you get more dmg increase going 15nb than 6 rng cause 3/3 fire and death = 3% dmg to everything and 2/2 melted skin = 5% dmg to everything and 8% dmg to everything > 5% crit 46AP

imo 51sin is a pvp build, only way it was ever viable in pve was with 15 infiltrator to exploit the 20% dmg bonus to everything which was HUGE, and that WAS a pvp build lol. if you want to top charts, you wont do it with 51sin, maybe 31sin or less, but not 51sin just a heads up. this is counting the 1.2 changes.

edit: if your goal is pvp i suggest 33sin/33nb/0inf. 1v1 it is unstoppable when you open from stealth. there is no counter to this, cant even heal thru it 1v1!
    Last edited by Hokonoso; 04-27-2011 at 07:38 AM.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

My goal is top charts for single target in pve.

I was thinking with all the bonus' to sin, 51 might be ok. This is what i was running.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xob0dbR.VV0V0s

I switched to the 51 sin and got about 50 more dps on single target and thats not even after 1.2 obviously. So maybe the build i had was just garbage.

Edit: the parsing was done without using blade tempo as that is on a 2 min cd. If i want to parse with that in the rotation I'd prob have to do a much longer test of each build, and then they would probably be about equal, but the 51 sin would be more sustained not 30% more for just 15 sec.
    Last edited by Aletan; 04-27-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Assuming they ever make ap decent, then bladedancer will be the way to go imo, 30% dmg boost every finisher, and 100% bonus to ap contribution every other style mixed with assassin and nb would be pretty good. Thoug I didn't notice any fix to ap in the patch, and sadly doing parses I havent seen any difference in non crits naked compared to having armor on.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Odaman View Post
    Assuming they ever make ap decent, then bladedancer will be the way to go imo, 30% dmg boost every finisher, and 100% bonus to ap contribution every other style mixed with assassin and nb would be pretty good. Thoug I didn't notice any fix to ap in the patch, and sadly doing parses I havent seen any difference in non crits naked compared to having armor on.
    I've read a lot about how attack power is broken for rogues but i cant really find any thread that talks about exactly HOW it is broken. What is wrong with it and how does it affect auto attacks and skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Aletan View Post
    I've read a lot about how attack power is broken for rogues but i cant really find any thread that talks about exactly HOW it is broken. What is wrong with it and how does it affect auto attacks and skills?
    Auto attacks get no bonus from AP whatsoever.

Most abilities get a very minimal amount of bonus from AP.
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz 6MB Cache Quad-Core
    Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    8GB 1600MHz RAM
    120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Odaman View Post
    What gives a 30% damage boost for every finisher?

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    What gives a 30% damage boost for every finisher?
    Deadly Strike when specced makes the next 2 CP builders do 30% more damage.

I like to use it for Puncture/Fiery Spike because it does it for the whole DoT, too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Deadly Strike when specced makes the next 2 CP builders do 30% more damage.

I like to use it for Puncture/Fiery Spike because it does it for the whole DoT, too.
    So, you mean 30% to two CP building moves and NOT every FINISHER? Ok.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    So, you mean 30% to two CP building moves and NOT every FINISHER? Ok.
    Every time you use Deadly Strike, the finisher, after you put the 2 points in makes the 2 next CP builders do 30% more damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast