+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Greater Planar Essence is good for BARD?

Soulwalker

Default What kind of Greater Planar Essence is good for BARD?

What topic says ... thanks.

any heal over time greater is great (epic ones via planar vendors or blue drop ones)

cadence procs them and it procs them alot

there is also another one thats procs a shield on heal which works well (unsure of name)

i also suggest (if your 50) getting the wolf totem from expert KB as that procs its heal over time alot from cadence as well

makes for alot of free heals
    Nebiros / Bonestorm <Abandon All Hope>
    4/4 DH -- 4/4 GP -- 5/5 GSB -- 4/4 ROS -- 1/4 ROTP -- 1/11 HK

Soulwalker

Sorry to sound like a noob, since bard spec always confuses me. Since cadence is part weapon dmg part spell as stated on tooltip, does physcial abilities proc at all? ><

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

The shield greater is from the IPP planar vender.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bobolicia View Post
    Sorry to sound like a noob, since bard spec always confuses me. Since cadence is part weapon dmg part spell as stated on tooltip, does physcial abilities proc at all? ><

nope.

basically like everyone else said... use the greaters that proc healing over time. you can use the level 42 (or 50 if you can find it) blue one PLUS one of the epic greaters you buy from the vendor. if you add in the trinket that was mentioned... you can have up to 3 hots ticking on a target PLUS all your motifs and cadence.

Quote Originally Posted by HyuJun View Post
    any heal over time greater is great (epic ones via planar vendors or blue drop ones)

cadence procs them and it procs them alot

there is also another one thats procs a shield on heal which works well (unsure of name)

i also suggest (if your 50) getting the wolf totem from expert KB as that procs its heal over time alot from cadence as well

makes for alot of free heals
    i heard they are changing them in 1.2 so they only have a chancec to proc on the first tick, rather than on all of them like it currently does.

Shadowlander

The bard soul is funky, that's for sure. If you take a look at your combat logs, you'll see that the weapon damage is actually converted to life damage. So to answer your question, no, the physical damage trinkets and planars don't work for cadence.

Which is a shame because the trinkets that proc AP buffs would help Bards out a lot. But it only procs on physical attacks which Bards don't do.
    Last edited by Draegan; 04-27-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    i heard they are changing them in 1.2 so they only have a chancec to proc on the first tick, rather than on all of them like it currently does.
    The cadence heal is channeled, not a hot, so I don't believe this change will affect the benefit we get from the procs.

Shadowlander

But anyway, to the OP, get the two healing greaters mentioned above. The purple one I think is called Lifegiving Vine and the blue one is called I think Consuming Faesource. My bard has T2 level gear and those two greaters amount to about 17% more healing, which is pretty good.

Koe

I wouldn't get the blue one and crystal vines.

Most healers will go for those, and the HoTs don't stack from healer to healer.

I use the HoT from Droughtlands, and the HoT from Moonshade. You almost never see anyone with those, especially the one from Moonshade, so it allows for better healing due to stacking more HoTs.

Definitely go with HoT essences, and take whichever ones you can get.

Ive seen that Spirit Wolf Totem drop only once in KB and the Guildy Cleric got it and now that same Cleric hardly ever plays.
    Last edited by Syneous; 04-27-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Soulwalker

Excuse the noob question but, what about something like this Crenscent Shadesource Would this basically kick off on everyone who's receiving healing from cadence? If it did, that would be a decent buff right? Is there an epic version of this?

I used that for a while and it's nice. However I group with a cleric and/or mage most of the time that uses it as well so it never stacks.

It's a pretty good substitute until you can get a 2nd greater. I can't seem to find any Ancient Sourcestone in this game, so I haven't been able to get any of the other healing/shielding greaters yet.

Carnage R8 Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast