+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could anyone introduce me to the melee ranger?

Soulwalker

Default Could anyone introduce me to the melee ranger?

I hear a lot of talk about the ''melee ranger'' and I've seen people parse rather high with it, how ever I havn't been able to find any info on the spec. (I have searched the forums but you'd be surprised how many posts have either ''melee'' or ''ranger'' in them.)

It would be much appreciated if someone could link me the spec, tell me the basics of the rotation and any potential gear requirements for it to be viable.

Thanks alot in advance!

Ascendant

26 points in Ranger then the rest in the melee soul of your choice; I like Riftstalker for its' mobility, but Bladedancer and Nightblade have attractions as well. Given the Ranger soul is providing the pet, rotations etc. come from the melee soul you choose.

Minimum points you need in Ranger is 24 to get the Greater pet (far better tank and the 'free' pet caps at level 30 I believe), the extra two are needed for the instant re-summons skill.

Not saying the 'melee ranger' is the best DPSer about, but then I'm not a mix/maxer fixated on TEH BIG NUMBERZ, it's highly viable so works for me.
    Last edited by Kerin; 04-27-2011 at 01:56 AM.

It's a very effective solo build and going something like 34 Ranger/32 Nightblade isn't too bad for PvP.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

http://seelenplaner.telara.net/#rogu...31031000031001

this would be a great example of a melee ranger

10% passive crit + 3% from instinct + 3% from culmination and 5% from dauntless finisher
    5% passive hit
    health for pet and you
    instant cast pet
    both greater pets

i took trick shot and piercing shot for a reason because i use them

piercing shot then flash of steel (charge) to open on target, that starts every battle with an armor weakened target

or

trick shot + flash of steel + dancing steel for charging aoe packs in instances

im sure others have used different builds, this is just what i messed with
    Nebiros / Bonestorm <Abandon All Hope>
    4/4 DH -- 4/4 GP -- 5/5 GSB -- 4/4 ROS -- 1/4 ROTP -- 1/11 HK

I believe you're looking for this thread.
    I used to be a rogue like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    26 points in Ranger then the rest in the melee soul of your choice; I like Riftstalker for its' mobility, but Bladedancer and Nightblade have attractions as well. Given the Ranger soul is providing the pet, rotations etc. come from the melee soul you choose.

Minimum points you need in Ranger is 24 to get the Greater pet (far better tank and the 'free' pet caps at level 30 I believe), the extra two are needed for the instant re-summons skill.

Not saying the 'melee ranger' is the best DPSer about, but then I'm not a mix/maxer fixated on TEH BIG NUMBERZ, it's highly viable so works for me.
    You're better off going 31 for the raptor. Does more DPS than the wolf, and also crits more often so your 15% damage buff stays up more.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Default Ready my guide

Nupsi Fatality Rogue - Bloodiron
    GSB Cleared | RoS Cleared | GP Cleared | TDH: Cleared | HK 3/10 + Prime

+ Reply to Thread