+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is Assasin tree "Lethal Poison" bugged???????

Soulwalker

Default is Assasin tree "Lethal Poison" bugged???????

Has a 20% chance to cause damage + apply buff to increase hitter crit chance by 5%.

looking @ my character sheet i have 35% crit chance.
    running a couple of parses with AND without poison equipped.. my parses range from 31-35% crit.

shouldn't my crit rate be around 40% with the poison de-buff on the dummy?

You answered yourself :P

"poison de-buff on the dummy"

It does not state it gives you a buff, but it alters your target's chance to be critically hit by attacks.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Soulwalker

and by altering his (the dummy's) chance.........wouldn't it increase "my" crit % chance via parsing?

Prophet of Telara

It also depends on how long you've been running the test. If the sample size is too small bad luck with rng can make it appear like you're not critting enough. Or too much. It all depends. How long were your test runs approximately?

Plane Walker

If you're using RJ parser the crit % is not at all accurate. It counts stuff that cannot crit like weapon enchants. If you're using act look at the crit % for each individual skill.

Ah right, skimmed thru too fast, didn't see the parsing part.

But IF you use an accurate tool to parse and do it long enough etc ofcourse it will show.

Let's take a ranger with pet for example, with ACT, all the autoattacks are merged player+pet and as the pet has lower crit chance than you, it will in most cases lower your crit chance ^^

Apart from that short parses aren't worth sh!t
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

+ Reply to Thread