+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is the issue with melee rogues pve only?

Soulwalker

Default is the issue with melee rogues pve only?

I do have trouble with pyros.... but overall i do well in pvp.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/...-26_185201.jpg

The above pic is from a pug group i joined

im a casual player and just hit 50 a few days ago and i got the above pic before i got rank 2. I wasn't trying for anything special just running around having fun.

I had given up on this game when i read about patch1.1... adding gaurds, making major class changes.. I thought this game was going to tank. Hell it still may but one other thing i remember when i was going to quit was reading nothing but doom and gloom threads about rogues. I kept reading, "wait till your 50 and you see why rogues suck". thank god i gave the game another chance and capped out my toon. I am having fun with my rogue. I play melee with 10 points in bard.

I have only seen a couple threads with somewhat simuliar builds as mine but not any lately. Moreover i dont consider myself all that great of a pvp player. But yet i still do very well in pvp....

I guess i dont understand what all the complaining on these threads are for? I didnt really do any pve leveling up. So are all the complaints from low dps in raids?

I just wonder how OP i will end up if we get a buff. Hell I dont even have rank 3 yet and any good gear.

This might be EPIC LOL
    Last edited by marbro; 04-26-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Telaran

Troll much?

All I'm seeing is someone getting carried for the most part. 85k damage out, 170k damage in, 53k healing out, 125k healing in 6 kbs 1 death. The only thing you're topping is that first stat (which I haven't played that WF so I don't know what it is) by 2 points, oh, and overall kills by 1 point, but you didn't really do that much player killing. Almost everyone else on your team was doing stuff a lot better than you were, and the two people of note that were below you in terms of input and output were the only other rogue and a warrior, and even the warrior seems like overall his ratio would have been better if he was in the match longer.

tl;dr

You were carried.
    Last edited by Noctus; 04-27-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

I see you were on the winning team, had a ton of healing taken, and did not break 100k in damage. There are also two clerics right below you who did roughly 300k of damage and 200k of damage respectively. I'm not sure what to make of this, am I missing something?

Soulwalker

I don't know what you join warfronts for but I join to win and contribute the most I can for favor. I was #2 on the winning team in favor which says I contributed far more than you little girls are giving me credit for. But that's expected from these forums which harbor nothing but trash and crybabies. I show proof that melee rogues are not useless in pvp and this is the response from the community. Lol

Defiants winning in Port Scion?
    PREPOSTEROUS!
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by marbro View Post
    I don't know what you join warfronts for but I join to win and contribute the most I can for favor. I was #2 on the winning team in favor which says I contributed far more than you little girls are giving me credit for. But that's expected from these forums which harbor nothing but trash and crybabies. I show proof that melee rogues are not useless in pvp and this is the response from the community. Lol
    You can be AFK and get the most favor. Rogues arent useless in PvP, but your SS doesnt prove that.

http://i53.tinypic.com/j60s3a.jpg

My buddy the pyro did better than me and SS dont mean everything. I think something like this would have been a little more convincing though.

Telaran

Pretty much what Dahr said, screens mean nothing and favor gained means nothing. Another little problem with your SS is that you obviously don't have all the defiant players shown in the screen shot. It's fairly easy to tell when you're almost halfway scrolled down the list of all the players and the KBs done by the people being shown don't even add up to half of the deaths of the Guardians shown (granted probably not all deaths are attributable to players, but I digress). So going by that, you're probably not even the one with the highest favor, as from the looks of it you sorted by kills, not favor, and there are people above you in kills, which would imply they most likely have even more favor than you.

Basically, this is a screenshot that shows what NOT to do when trying to say a class is "fine."

+ Reply to Thread