+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: PvP Build - Approaching Prestige Rank 4

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Mord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default PvP Build - Approaching Prestige Rank 4

    Hey All,

    I'm rapidly approaching Prestige Rank 4 which will unlock another Tier in the Infiltrator soul. I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these builds and what your thoughts are. I REALLY love playing an Assassin but need more burst so I'm wondering if the Tier 4 'Focused Intent' ability makes a difference or not.

    Build #1 - Full Nightblade / Infiltrator 51 NB / 15 Inf/ 0 Riftstalker

    I'm leaning toward this ^^ just because the NB tree is sick for burst.


    Build #2 - Full Assassin / Infiltrator 51 AS / 15 Inf / 0 Riftstalker


    The inf tree will be used for all the offensive talents. Any thoughts??

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple kashaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    190

    Default

    The first one has the RS gap closer and the NB reach. One of my souls is a full sin with Inf and RS, it's great up close for harassing the back line but it's tough with no reach or range.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

    So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    86

    Default

    i'm having good luck with 51 sin/ 15 inf/ 0 sab for the ranged aoe snare
    Guilt 50 Eth rogue
    Reverence 50 High Elf Cleric

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Tbh I wouldn't go with 51 into NB. You miss out on a great deal of important things from other trees.

    With 44 points you can get all the deep cooldowns (like Blackout) and still have enough points to play around with. Personally I also wouldn't go 15 deep into Inf until it gets worked a bit. The benefit that you receive from putting those points elsewhere (like into Riftstalker) provide much more benefit IMO. See below.

    I realize you went 15 deep into Inf to get Anathema and when stacked with Fell Blades can be quite good, however personally I tend to favor survivability / extra raw damage over the extra healing debuff (seeing as Fell blades by itself is still f**king amazing)..



    When you switch those points around you come out with this:

    NB 44 / Riftstalker 22 / Inf 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0oz.iItRGkgRos



    Switching to this spec causes you to loose (ability wise) Anathema and a few Inf survivability CDs, and the 51 pnt AoE talent from NB. Talent wise you GAIN dps from switchin specs.

    Here is what you GAIN:

    Endurance Buff from 4/4 Riftstalker
    Planar Refuge 30% dmg reduction CD
    15% atk power
    15% endurance

    4 Teleports--

    -Every time you Phase Shift (using any one of your FOUR teleports with a 36 sec cd) you gain
    15% crit and for 10 sec
    15% damage for 10 sec
    Rift Barrier (60% max health shield)

    **You should always have these buffs up.**

    Not to mention the 3 New Targeted Phase shifts that you get. TBH now that I'm used to playing my NB with 5+ teleports I can't play any other way. Having them is way too useful. This also helps our class to be an "open field dpser" and not rely on stealth openers, we now can rely on our teleports to make us deadly for bursts every time we use them (Which is a lot!!).

    All I know is, when I open with the 20% dmg booster, warp in behind someone, and do ANYTHING or pop ANY offensive cooldown (fury, SoD, etc) I can drop 1-2 people quickly if they don't have help. or 2-4 people if I pop all my CDs at once (with a healer healing me usually). Each global cd i press does 15-30% of my opponents life each hit when I'm in wailing on people with a CD popped after a tele. Not to mention if you get good with the targeted Shifts you can use them to GREAT advantage.

    ______


    Lastly, if you have a healer a lot like I do, you can spec 32 into NB and trade the Defensive CDs at the end of Nightblade Root abilities for higher tier riftstalker stuff (like FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT, which is SEXY) or even go higher into Inf if you Really like INF.

    But tbh, Inf is weak right now. Break Free is what you need thats it. I wouldn't into Inf more than 0.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Oh and as for build #2. I think the idea of taking 15 in INF for the healing debuff so you can rock it with Assassin will be great after the 1.2 Buffs.

    It might even be great now but definitely better once all the damage is increased for assassins.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Mord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenskeeper View Post
    Oh and as for build #2. I think the idea of taking 15 in INF for the healing debuff so you can rock it with Assassin will be great after the 1.2 Buffs.

    It might even be great now but definitely better once all the damage is increased for assassins.
    So is Focused Intent from the Infiltrator line broken? I was thinking that speccing for that would help with the Assassin's lack of sustained damage after burst...

    I've actually wanted to try the 44 NB 22 RS build but kind of found it button heavy.. alot of buttons to press .. I always end up messing my rotation up somehow. Maybe I'll switch back and practice it.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mord View Post
    So is Focused Intent from the Infiltrator line broken? I was thinking that speccing for that would help with the Assassin's lack of sustained damage after burst...

    I've actually wanted to try the 44 NB 22 RS build but kind of found it button heavy.. alot of buttons to press .. I always end up messing my rotation up somehow. Maybe I'll switch back and practice it.
    Not saying it won't help, but until patch 1.2 I wouldn't invest a lot of time into that spec.

    And yeah the NB build is quite button heavy. I understand many people in this game rely heavily on macros and personally I use none.

    The only way I am able to accomplish this is to have a bad *** mouse with lots of buttons. M entire plethora of phase shifts are all bound to mouse buttons on my Razer Naga. All my cooldowns are also bound to a keyboard or mouse button.

    Playing the NB / RS Spec is pretty simple TBH:

    1. open with the 20% damage increase opener
    2. Warp in using one of your phase Shifts. Shadow Assault if its up.
    3. Twilight Force then DuskStrike for 5 Combo points.
    4. Use SoD and go to town, use a phase shift if they get out of range or to refresh your shifting buffs.
    5. If SoD is down use Ebon Fury (or use them both for some roflmao)

    Using Dusk to Dawn on melee is uber fun. I like to open, warp in and hit the melee char with a 5point Blazing Strike (regular dps finisher) then Phase shift 15/25 meters away and use DtD back to 5 Combo points.
    Generally after this they are near death (or at least near 50% of they used a defensive cd or have a healer). I use the 5 combopnts I got from DtD to pop SoD and really open up.

    I usually don't pop Ebon fury and SoD together unless in a WF engaged in a massive battle and trying to burn down a carrier of some sort, or 2 bards back-to-back (which FURY + SoD is AMAZING for)'

    NB does good enough DPS that if you space out your cooldowns well you can ALWAYS have at least SoD or Fury or both each time u engage in a fight.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenskeeper View Post
    Tbh I wouldn't go with 51 into NB. You miss out on a great deal of important things from other trees.

    With 44 points you can get all the deep cooldowns (like Blackout) and still have enough points to play around with. Personally I also wouldn't go 15 deep into Inf until it gets worked a bit. The benefit that you receive from putting those points elsewhere (like into Riftstalker) provide much more benefit IMO. See below.

    I realize you went 15 deep into Inf to get Anathema and when stacked with Fell Blades can be quite good, however personally I tend to favor survivability / extra raw damage over the extra healing debuff (seeing as Fell blades by itself is still f**king amazing)..



    When you switch those points around you come out with this:

    NB 44 / Riftstalker 22 / Inf 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0oz.iItRGkgRos



    Switching to this spec causes you to loose (ability wise) Anathema and a few Inf survivability CDs, and the 51 pnt AoE talent from NB. Talent wise you GAIN dps from switchin specs.

    Here is what you GAIN:

    Endurance Buff from 4/4 Riftstalker
    Planar Refuge 30% dmg reduction CD
    15% atk power
    15% endurance

    4 Teleports--

    -Every time you Phase Shift (using any one of your FOUR teleports with a 36 sec cd) you gain
    15% crit and for 10 sec
    15% damage for 10 sec
    Rift Barrier (60% max health shield)

    **You should always have these buffs up.**

    Not to mention the 3 New Targeted Phase shifts that you get. TBH now that I'm used to playing my NB with 5+ teleports I can't play any other way. Having them is way too useful. This also helps our class to be an "open field dpser" and not rely on stealth openers, we now can rely on our teleports to make us deadly for bursts every time we use them (Which is a lot!!).

    All I know is, when I open with the 20% dmg booster, warp in behind someone, and do ANYTHING or pop ANY offensive cooldown (fury, SoD, etc) I can drop 1-2 people quickly if they don't have help. or 2-4 people if I pop all my CDs at once (with a healer healing me usually). Each global cd i press does 15-30% of my opponents life each hit when I'm in wailing on people with a CD popped after a tele. Not to mention if you get good with the targeted Shifts you can use them to GREAT advantage.

    ______


    Lastly, if you have a healer a lot like I do, you can spec 32 into NB and trade the Defensive CDs at the end of Nightblade Root abilities for higher tier riftstalker stuff (like FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT, which is SEXY) or even go higher into Inf if you Really like INF.

    But tbh, Inf is weak right now. Break Free is what you need thats it. I wouldn't into Inf more than 0.
    I have to ask this because either the tooltip is wrong, or people are under the wrong impression - Where are you getting 15% increased damage from ALL telepoorts from? Stalker phase? Read the tooltip again.

    Now if the tooltip is wrong, then fine. But you do not get 15% damage from ALL teleports as it reads.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    I have to ask this because either the tooltip is wrong, or people are under the wrong impression - Where are you getting 15% increased damage from ALL telepoorts from? Stalker phase? Read the tooltip again.

    Now if the tooltip is wrong, then fine. But you do not get 15% damage from ALL teleports as it reads.
    No, not with every teleport. However with the two most often used combat shift phases you can have the 15% damage buff for roughly 20 out of every 36 seconds. (or every 30 if you spec higher into RS)

    Most importantly it is during the first 20 seconds of the fight. And currently most people don't live nearly that long against a good NB.
    Last edited by Greenskeeper; 04-27-2011 at 08:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    296

    Default

    39/15/12

    NB/Infil/Blade Dancer

    only tree any melee DPS rogue should be using
    Yes. Yes. No.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    For pvping as a rogue I have 2 mandatory things I spec for...At least 44 in NB for the immunities / twilight shelter...and perma stealth. You dont need to pick and choose your spots to attack as carefully since you have over 20s of barely being touched w/ CDs...so you are tearing through people while they are doing nothing to you. If you cant go 44 nb / 20 inf + w/e yet ....then you can sub assasin in instead for the 20% on crits /good stealth. Ranger or BD makes for a good 3rd soul even with no pts in them.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts