+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Pryo Decimator Build

Soulwalker

Default The Pryo Decimator Build

Ehlo fellow rogues,

I've been having fun with a very simple PvP build lately and wanted to share it with you all. I have been using it with great success in the battlefield to attempt to punish those ever so whoreful, fulimating pyros. I'm sure you all agree they could use some punishment.

The link to the build is here: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RqdAudR.eb0M0c Rank 4 required.

As I said, super simple. 51 marks, the rest in Inf and assassin for the poison buff (spec sab for the aoe snare, if required).

The best part about this spec is blasting its cool downs on your 30% damage buff sniper pedestal. Use terrain to your advantage. For max damage get the power buffs and you pretty much lolface pryos/healers, even without your 30% damage buff you are extremely powerful. You are walking (running, standing?) death. You can down 2-3 people, use quick reload and just do the same again.

Using the below macro makes this spec a cake walk:

suppressmacrofailures
    /cast Controlled Fire
    /cast Hit and Run
    /cast Fire and Forget

This allows you to spam Empowered Shot (critting for about 700ish) twice, your auto attack adds a combo point, follow up with an instant Deadeye Shot which can crit for I've seen up to 2200 in Rank 4 pvp gear. So you put out about 3-4k in 3 seconds (if lucky with crits), and you can do this for 15 seconds, repeated by using quick reload for a total of 30 seconds. Strafe, Bull's Eye and Crossfire to fill the gaps. Great mobility had by this class, you can pretty much stay away from most classes with the loads of speed boosts from talents, on the double, retreat and break free. It seems you can be running faster than an epic mount at times... it's quite entertaining. And the icing on the cake? You get an immune to all magic effects for 5 seconds (5 minute timer, but still.. so sweet vs pyros).

Enjoy it while it lasts boys and enjoy the top damage charts in WFs. Also, as a nice bonus (pointed out the by devs with their patch notes) focused intent is stacking on pve targets for a 20% damage increase. Not really that great as you can get 20% all the time bonus from NB with Melted Skin, paired with Assassin for the extra crit and poison.

Cheers and many beers,

Blazin' Blunts
    Freeholme

build doesnt show, but ive been running a 51 MM spec 15 inf for a while now and its good.. no complaints although a mage can still 2-3 shot u with there 4k crits etc. other then that it has a ton of survivability so i dont die to often.
    Last edited by dcepshn; 04-26-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Blunts View Post
    The link to the build is here: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RqdAudR.eb0M0c Rank 4 required.
    It links to 0/0/0 archamge build for me.

You need to click "Link to this build" on upper part of talent calc to link it properly.

Plane Touched

Link is broken
    I have probably killed you.

I hope you all realize that infiltrator is inferior, unless u chose to go far up, though this will lead to u missing out on nice talents in other souls. Point is, any non nightblade specs might take a look at nightblade starter talents. If you spend 13 pts in nightblade (by speccing right) you get 15% more damage on any pt ability, 15% more damage on any finisher and 15% fire and death (most common) dmg mitigation as well with 3 % incr damage. This alone counters your puny 10 or 15 pts in infiltrator due to the passive buffs nb alone gives.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Soulwalker

My bad on the linking, here is the actual link:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RqdAudR.eb0M0c

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    I hope you all realize that infiltrator is inferior, unless u chose to go far up, though this will lead to u missing out on nice talents in other souls. Point is, any non nightblade specs might take a look at nightblade starter talents. If you spend 13 pts in nightblade (by speccing right) you get 15% more damage on any pt ability, 15% more damage on any finisher and 15% fire and death (most common) dmg mitigation as well with 3 % incr damage. This alone counters your puny 10 or 15 pts in infiltrator due to the passive buffs nb alone gives.
    While this does seem sound, it is flawed. The fact that you get the 20% damage buff (after application of the debuff, which only really happens on healers), 6% flat damage buff, increased critical hit damage, AND armor penetration means that Inf is superior when it comes to PvP. Hands down.

Now of course for a PVE spec, NB is the clear winner, even with the PvE Focused Intent bug.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    13 points in NB doesn't give you break free, -50% healing done, cleanse soul or cloudy poison.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
    13 points in NB doesn't give you break free, -50% healing done, cleanse soul or cloudy poison.
    +1

Also, the NB point expenditure that you suggest only increases the damage of finishers and CP generating abilities by 15%, and only provides a 3% across the board increase. Thus NB does far, far, far less for Fan Out, Lightning Fury, Crossfire, and Strafe than Infiltrator would.

While I don't use a MM build personally...I sure as hell get hit by those abilities a helluva lot, which leads me to believe they are prime choice abilities in PvP play as one.
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 04-26-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

+ Reply to Thread