+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BD 1.2 Question.

Soulwalker

Default BD 1.2 Question.

They said:

Bladedancer
    While the Bladedancer is an excellent soul for soloing and brings some fantastic utility to the table, they are still not hitting the DPS goal we expect them to. As such, we are looking to tweak a number of their core abilities upwards to make sure the Bladedancer’s DPS is more in line with what we’d expect from a whirling dervish of destruction.

and the patch note is:

* Quick Strike: Additional damage bonus from Attack Power increased to 100% from 50%. Ability base damage increased.
    * Precision Strike: Additional damage bonus from Attack Power increased to 100% from 50%. Ability base damage increased.

Am i missing something or 20 dmg bonus for each 400 AP plus some base dmg, only on 2 skills will make the BD "hit the DPS goal they expect"?? I mean, lol, is this a joke? Please explain something. Yes, this may not be the finalized note but come on, you cannot be serious about this. This is only laziness, changing the 50 with 100. It's been days since a dev informed us about 1.2... Please, it is about time!
    Last edited by CoraTheSilencer; 04-26-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CoraTheSilencer View Post
    They said:

Bladedancer
    While the Bladedancer is an excellent soul for soloing and brings some fantastic utility to the table, they are still not hitting the DPS goal we expect them to. As such, we are looking to tweak a number of their core abilities upwards to make sure the Bladedancer’s DPS is more in line with what we’d expect from a whirling dervish of destruction.

and the patch note is:

* Quick Strike: Additional damage bonus from Attack Power increased to 100% from 50%. Ability base damage increased.
    * Precision Strike: Additional damage bonus from Attack Power increased to 100% from 50%. Ability base damage increased.

Am i missing something or 20 dmg bonus for each 400 AP plus some base dmg, only on 2 skills will make the BD "hit the DPS goal they expect"?? I mean, lol, is this a joke? Please explain something. Yes, this may not be the finalized note but come on, you cannot be serious about this. This is only laziness, changing the 50 with 100. It's been days since a dev informed us about 1.2... Please, it is about time!
    I never tried the soul, but I've been wondering the same thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elusion View Post
    I never tried the soul, but I've been wondering the same thing myself.
    Been Fooling around with BD spec a bunch today and i'd think that buffing Vivacity as well as making Bd have slightly better energy regen would solve a crapload of the problems in pve. In wf pvp as far as i could tell from todays experiences not being able to dodge magic really sucks as well as the passive dodge only being 5 percent.

As i stated, im kinda a noob in regards to BD spec and i would love if someone could share there 2cents. Also if anyone has found a way to utilise the BD spec in pvp i would love if you could share it with me.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Rift Disciple

What bladedancers need is to make all of our parry/dodge abilities work outside of solo questing for notoriety. The dps is there, it's just unattainable in expert dungeons/raids because we can't afford mobs attacking us as we will get one or two shot....so we don't get to dodge or parry.

RvR is just a lack of defense. Too much magical damage from which we have no defense and too many skills that cannot be dodged or parried. However I would be willing to surrender on the pvp front if Trion would just give us a way to use our dodge/parry abilities in experts and raids.

At least the 32 point bladedancer should be fine. It is already doing nice dps and will get a boost in 1.2 but I am afraid the 51 point bladedancer will still be solo questing for notoriety.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyveth View Post
    What bladedancers need is to make all of our parry/dodge abilities work outside of solo questing for notoriety. The dps is there, it's just unattainable in expert dungeons/raids because we can't afford mobs attacking us as we will get one or two shot....so we don't get to dodge or parry.

RvR is just a lack of defense. Too much magical damage from which we have no defense and too many skills that cannot be dodged or parried. However I would be willing to surrender on the pvp front if Trion would just give us a way to use our dodge/parry abilities in experts and raids.

At least the 32 point bladedancer should be fine. It is already doing nice dps and will get a boost in 1.2 but I am afraid the 51 point bladedancer will still be solo questing for notoriety.
    Why not have them work in warfronts if they would work in raids?
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Blakjak02 View Post
    Been Fooling around with BD spec a bunch today and i'd think that buffing Vivacity as well as making Bd have slightly better energy regen would solve a crapload of the problems in pve. In wf pvp as far as i could tell from todays experiences not being able to dodge magic really sucks as well as the passive dodge only being 5 percent.

As i stated, im kinda a noob in regards to BD spec and i would love if someone could share there 2cents. Also if anyone has found a way to utilise the BD spec in pvp i would love if you could share it with me.
    step 1: Get Dancing steel
    2: Rush the group of enemies at the start of the WF
    3: Hit Dancing Steel
    4: Die/Rez
    5: Pick one of your other souls
    Last edited by Kellogg; 04-26-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Well don't forget a pure Bladedancer build only uses Keen Strike, Quick Strike, Precision Strike and Puncture. When you think about Dualism, it's a huge buff because every time you use Quick or Precision, it hits twice. We'll just have to see exactly what kind of dps increase it does for the spec. I think it's too early to say to be honest.

Telaran

I find BD to be a fun pvp spec. My secondary souls are Sabo, just to get the 15% dex as well as aoe slow, and then RS bc of the teleports. Seeing as we lack any real ranged attacks, having the ability to teleport and then maim them is pretty nice(suggest a macro). Also having a disarm and silence is pretty nice. As with most melee rogues u are most helpful when u have a healer, but i find its possible to solo various classes depending on circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogg View Post
    roflcopter......
    Wheeler
    Exiled Guild
    Roguey Extraordinaire of Sunrest

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogg View Post
    You forgot 6.

6: Quit the game because you're stupid and won't be effective anyways.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Bokrish View Post
    Well don't forget a pure Bladedancer build only uses Keen Strike, Quick Strike, Precision Strike and Puncture. When you think about Dualism, it's a huge buff because every time you use Quick or Precision, it hits twice. We'll just have to see exactly what kind of dps increase it does for the spec. I think it's too early to say to be honest.
    Puncture is an Assassin ability.

Granted, odds are high you're speccing Sin to 18 for a BD main build.

Rift Master

They said:

Bladedancer

and the patch note is:

Quick and Precision strike are your "follow up" (to use a warrior term) attacks. Basically, you can use them every other attack (and you want to) outside of finishers. So them getting buffs is rather nice.

Furthermore, base damage and AP scaling increases scale themselves. Lets say you are getting 20 extra damage from AP, and 30 extra base damage, for a damage increase of 50. This may not seem like much, but it scales.

Lets say you are hypothetically using a BD/Sin/Infil spec.

Deadly Dance gives you +30% damage
    Turn the Tide gives you +10%
    Blade Tempo gives you +30%
    Vivacity gives you +10%
    Muderous Intent gives you +4%
    Cloak and Dagger gives you +15%
    Cruel Vengeance gives you +10%
    Muderous Thoughts gives you +6%
    Focused Intent gives you +20%

Magnify Pain gives you +20% crit damage
    Knock Knock gives you +10% crit damage

This gives you a total of +135% damage and +30% crit damage. This would turn your measly 50 extra damage to an extra 117.5 damage, and an extra 211.5 damage on a crit. Thats with only an extra 50 base. Lets say you have enough AP to give you a total of +70 damage base. Now the numbers are 164.5/296.1.

Also, as stated above Dualism lets you strike twice (although you can't have blade tempo up at the same time). For the +50 base damage, that effectively means 205 extra non-crit damage, and 378 extra crit damage (if both crit). With the +70 base damage, those numbers are 287 extra non-crit damage and 516.6 extra crit damage if both crit.

So basically, depending on your AP, what buffs you have up, and whether you crit or not, you should expect to see about an extra 100-500 or so damage on these attacks.
    Last edited by Foofmonger; 04-27-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Plane Touched

I can only assume you do not have a fundamental understanding of game mechanics or the BD soul in general because those changes alone are huge DPS boosts to BD. These are core BD skills.

BD does suck in PvP though.

Rift Master

They said:

Bladedancer

and the patch note is:

Actually blade-dancer have some of the better delving physical damaging abilities availible to them, the problem with the soul is its reactives are only good for soloing which take away from the souls ability to dps.

A good build to run with post 1.2 would be BD/Nb/Sin as picking up the damaging traits + extra burst from both tables will increase your lacking dps up somewhat, but yep like most im unhappy with the place the soul is in at the moment, feels too much like it wants to do something but falls short of it by a wide margin.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    I can only assume you do not have a fundamental understanding of game mechanics or the BD soul in general because those changes alone are huge DPS boosts to BD. These are core BD skills.

BD does suck in PvP though.
    With a healer behind them a BD can go Choppa style, especially if you invested in the PvP soul to make you take less damage from stuns, immune to disarm and lesser stun duration you can really tear through a line.....

The Problem is a Warrior can do it so much better.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast