+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raptor constantly stopping attacks on target in raids

Default Raptor constantly stopping attacks on target in raids

So my raptor constantly stops attacking the target and runs towards me during a raid.
    I have petattack in my CP macro aswell as his abilities, yet he constantly stops attacking then goes back to attacking.
    What causes this? i've seen it happen with other ranger pets in the raid, is someone in the raid using some type of CC attack that causes pets to automatically stop attacking?
    Is there any way to prevent this? i feel like the pet is losing some substantial dps because of these shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem0 View Post
    So my raptor constantly stops attacking the target and runs towards me during a raid.
    I have petattack in my CP macro aswell as his abilities, yet he constantly stops attacking then goes back to attacking.
    What causes this? i've seen it happen with other ranger pets in the raid, is someone in the raid using some type of CC attack that causes pets to automatically stop attacking?
    Is there any way to prevent this? i feel like the pet is losing some substantial dps because of these shenanigans.
    It's not just raids. I notice it on the second boss in expert AP as well.

I'm having a strange pet issue also. At least a couple times an evening my pet will just run off and attack something at random. And no I do not have it set on aggressive. I'm just sitting there between pulls and he takes off attacking a random mob. It sucks when running dungeons.

Rift Disciple

yep, this has been around a long time.

Some fights, especially bosses with flying abilities cause the pets to glitch out and stop attacking. the one fight that i can constantly reproduce this on is icetalon btw.

welcome to the rift beta event?
    Last edited by Durak; 04-26-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Telaran

Well this wont be overly helpful since icant remember the name of the talent, but I do know for a fact 100% of the time it causes my gfs pet to stop attack and return to her.

It is the pally gap closer shield bash thingy. Being the dumb tank i am i cant recall the name. But everytime i press shift+4 and fly through the air towards a mob and slam him with my shield, off goes her pet running back to her.

not sometimes. not only in certain places. everytime. I keep expecting to see added to the tooltip also scares off pigs. Although since I have no idea what it is called, maybe it does say that!

Ok i got unlazy. Shield Charge.

+ Reply to Thread