+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New MM PvP. Lots of questions.

Soulwalker

Default New MM PvP. Lots of questions.

Started rift as a rogue, and I have been doing low level PvP as a MM and having a blast. Doing research for my eventual level 50 build.

I have been doing research on Marskman in pvp, and all signs point to Nightblade as the second soul. Heavy nightblade too (32 points). Why does a range spec need so many points in a melee tree to be competitive? What makes nightblade so good? What abilities are used from Nightblade (and what abilities are ignored).

What about a 0pt talent? I heard assassin, but only 2 weapon enchants can be active, so the poison would be useless. What about infiltrator for break free? Bladedancer for dodge? Riftstalker for the 15m teleport?

What kind of macros do you guys use? General tactics in pvp? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldnt get to excited. The class is getting reworked in the next patch due in less than a week.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Soulwalker

How will the new MM changes impact the current builds? Will nightblade still be required?

Rift Disciple

Nightblade is a good match for anything. The nightblade's tier 1 blazing fury is a no-brainer. You may find ranger is better than MM at first however. A NB 6 / Ranger 16 / Assassin 0 is a pretty strong low level build for both pvp and pve.

MM/NB 50 pvp specs will be out the window in 1.2. The main (imo) perks to this build are SoD and Fel Blades. Fel Blades requires 32 points in NB to get. Looking at the patch notes, not going 40 points into MM is a huge mistake as you will miss out on imp hit and run. That being said, I've been playing a MM/BD/Inf build on live and it rocks.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RqkVhbo.VV0mzo

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
    MM/NB 50 pvp specs will be out the window in 1.2. The main (imo) perks to this build are SoD and Fel Blades. Fel Blades requires 32 points in NB to get. Looking at the patch notes, not going 40 points into MM is a huge mistake as you will miss out on imp hit and run. That being said, I've been playing a MM/BD/Inf build on live and it rocks.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RqkVhbo.VV0mzo
    Uh what? The 38 point root talent is essentially the same on live right now, 1.2 only consolidated it into 1 skill so no need for a macro and it saves you 25 energy. NB will still be the sub spec of choice. You can also still go 38 or 40MM and still pick up SoD from NB, you only lose out on Fell Blades.

38 or 40MM will be more viable in 1.2 though since they are adding another 15% damage talent to Emp/Deadeye shot, indirectly making 38+MM builds more enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve04 View Post
    Started rift as a rogue, and I have been doing low level PvP as a MM and having a blast. Doing research for my eventual level 50 build.

I have been doing research on Marskman in pvp, and all signs point to Nightblade as the second soul. Heavy nightblade too (32 points). Why does a range spec need so many points in a melee tree to be competitive? What makes nightblade so good? What abilities are used from Nightblade (and what abilities are ignored).

What about a 0pt talent? I heard assassin, but only 2 weapon enchants can be active, so the poison would be useless. What about infiltrator for break free? Bladedancer for dodge? Riftstalker for the 15m teleport?

What kind of macros do you guys use? General tactics in pvp? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Wait until the test patch comes, there may be more changes in the works.
    It looks unlikely to change but who knows.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

Plane Touched

The MM patch notes are sad. I see no real improvements... at all. So we don't have to use a macro for Hit and Run.... AWESOME! that totally changes the way i had played before!

MM PvE needs fixed, not stupid "pat on the back"-wannabe changes.

IMHO the devs punish rogues WAY too much simply because of our stealth. I do not 30s of bugged invisibility should be grounds for making our class into non-combat pets.

+ Reply to Thread