+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker port needs a tweak

Telaran

Default Riftstalker port needs a tweak

I understand the 0 point riftstalker port isnt sopposed to be amazing cause its 0 point. But 15 yards every 45 seconds really isnt that great. Whether your trying to be a teleporting sniper or just want to get around faster it is subpar as it exists right now.

I suggest either...

Lowering the CD to 30 seconds

OR

Increase the range to 20 meters

Thanks

Telaran

Later in the tree you get a skill that reduces the cool down on all shifts by 15 secs. (lowering that skill to 30 sec CD)

Combine that with 5 shifts, and the speed boost after shifting and your travel concerns becomes much less of an issue later on.
    Last edited by Forgo; 04-26-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    Forgo Guardian Rogue P6 - Sunrest
    40k+ kills 1 million+ favor
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Forgoification?feature=mhum

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Forgo View Post
    Later in the tree you get a skill that reduces the cool down on all shifts by 15 secs. (lowering that skill to 30 sec CD)

Combine that with 5 shifts, and the speed boost after shifting and your travel concerns becomes much less of an issue later on.
    In terms of travel, Wouldn't it be 2 shifts?

Champion

2 target free shifts, 1 beforehand placement shift, 1 any target shift (you can stalk allys and friendly npc's as well as hostiles) and you can get a fair bit of momentum.

Heck I once managed to use all 5 shifts in a whitefall match to get halfway across the map with the flag ><

Assaulted the furthest enemy, hit flashback to a spot I set up on the way to their base, stalked my furthest friendly ally, warped, stepped, boom front gate of my base

Plane Touched

plenty of warps really. and when tanking, its often not great idea to be warping around anyway....for travelling through meridian though, its fun!

For 0 points spent, its a great little ability... quite often a lifesaver.

Speccing heavy into 2 trees and expecting that those 0 points to give ya something awesome, just won't cut it. Like others have mentioned, go deep into the tree for more rifts, lessened CD's and teleporting sniper heaven

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Plane Touched

The only issue with Riftstalker ports is that Shadow Warp can't handle the z axis at all and will fail to port you anywhere if you attempt to port slightly up or down hill.

Plane Touched

I think Shadow Shift is already very good, especially as a 0 point ability. I use it alot on my NB/RS/BD build and it always puts a smile on my face to shift right across an Adhesive Bomb or shift out of LoS on a pyro or shift passed an enemy while stealthed.

It's a fairly nice ability that gets even better the more you invest into the RS soul (My favourite rogue soul, glad I've found a non-tank build to use while soloing and PvPing) such as lowering the cooldown down to 30 seconds, giving 15% crit for 10 seconds, applying Rift Barrier, 30% extra movement speed for 4 seconds, 2 seconds of snare and root immunity and 15% increased damage dealt for 10 seconds.

So a nice 0 point ability that gets the "Pimp my shift" treatment when going deeper into the Riftstalker soul.

Edit: Also want to agree with Jaekal about Shadow Warp... Can be a pain to use especially if there is a teeny tiny pebble in between you and your target... (Also figuring out the subtle difference between orangey yellow and orangey orange when trying to get maximum range out of it)
    Last edited by Taril; 04-27-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    The only issue with Riftstalker ports is that Shadow Warp can't handle the z axis at all and will fail to port you anywhere if you attempt to port slightly up or down hill.
    That's why I always jump while shifting, ir greatly decreases the chance of hitting something in the path of my warp.

RS's shifts should be taken off gcd either its no point to appear behind enemy, cuz mobs turn around immediately and players have time to run away from melee range to not getting snared/stunned
    EU >> Cloudbourne >> Rogue >> Rank 6

+ Reply to Thread