+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BD/NB/Sin 1.2 Theorycrafting - Which of these specs is better for Raid/Group?

Rift Chaser

Default BD/NB/Sin 1.2 Theorycrafting - Which of these specs is better for Raid/Group?

I have a feeling either of these spec's is going to put out beastly damage - the boost to BD, with the excellent energy management, makes me think we'll be seeing alot of variations.

1) - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zsoohb.0VRcxob

2) - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zsoohb.hVkcxof

1 Seems to be the obvious winner - Deadly strike proc'ing a 30% damage boost to backstab, quick strike or precision strike with their new 100% additional AP contribution seems huge. In addition, you've got 3% more static damage from Fire and death attunement, and another 5% that should usually be up thanks to melted skin.
    All 2 offers is a boosted Final blow and puncture, with an added positional requirement. The only reason I'm even curious is, during my short tenure as a Sin, i remember the listed damage from Final blow being HUGE, so maybe the 30% (28% in reality, due to the lost point in murderous intent) additional damage will make up for it.

Any theorycrafters want to comment?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by cygnarite; 04-26-2011 at 09:44 AM.

im going with build 1 less 1 point from melted skin and adding to flame thrust (very needed in raids, not so much in 5mans since you can simply charge).

15% more dmg to puncture and backstab when your keen/quick/precision strikes are critting over 1k = overkill, BS will be nice every 6 seconds, but not necessary.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    im going with build 1 less 1 point from melted skin and adding to flame thrust (very needed in raids, not so much in 5mans since you can simply charge).

15% more dmg to puncture and backstab when your keen/quick/precision strikes are critting over 1k = overkill, BS will be nice every 6 seconds, but not necessary.
    I'll obviously have to parse, but if BS is overshadowed by Keen/quick/precision, I can just pull that point out and stick it in flame thrust. I wanted to avoid flame thrust, because its damage is pretty awful unless you're full NB, but if its necessary, oh well.
    Last edited by cygnarite; 04-26-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I was thinking 51Sin/15BD/0Inf might actually be decent for PvP now, and get the +30 damage on Quick Strike essence eventually. Should give burst, and then better combo building damage every other hit, plus a silence that you can use out of stealth and off GCD. The +15% Dex and 40 Dex buff is just icing on the cake.

Unfortunately, mobility would be low. I really wish they'd just put one gap closer in Sin in place of one of the more useless abilities...

a side note, i dont find myself positioning myself well for many fights (aka infiltrator) so backstab will never fire and ill never get the benefit from any positional bonuses. i only use puncture as a 2cp builder, even with the ticks ive seen keen strike crit for more than puncture critting with all ticks critting while under double coup. it's just that 40energy for 2cp > 60energy for 2cp so puncture is a dps increase because it saves you 20 energy.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Rift Disciple

What do you mean 40energy for keen ? with a use of a cd? over puntcture? or reg

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Diebymyhands View Post
    What do you mean 40energy for keen ? with a use of a cd? over puntcture? or reg
    I believe he means 40 energy for puncture and 2 cp, or 2 keens for 60 energy and 2 cp

just tesed keen strike vs backstab on crit using build #1 above and backstab crits for 7 more dmg than keen strike with melted skin up and 20 more dmg with the deadly strike bonus... not at all worth the talent point seeing as you cannot quick or precision strike afterwards.

this is with 440 AP on test server... my gear on live is better so further testing might be needed but i have the same weapons on live so it wont be a noticeable difference.

RIFT Guide Writer

I was going to try something wierd like

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z0R.Vi0A0s0obb

Jagged -> Puncture -> Keen -> Impale
    P Strike -> Keen-> Q/P Strike spam -> Deadly

Refresh 5 CP Impale as close as soon as possible when it falls off.

Use Slip Away -> Jagged -> Blade Tempo/Poison Malice for DPS burns

Use Virulent + Lethal (no other source) or Leeching
    Last edited by Kurieg; 04-26-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    just tesed keen strike vs backstab on crit using build #1 above and backstab crits for 7 more dmg than keen strike with melted skin up and 20 more dmg with the deadly strike bonus... not at all worth the talent point seeing as you cannot quick or precision strike afterwards.

this is with 440 AP on test server... my gear on live is better so further testing might be needed but i have the same weapons on live so it wont be a noticeable difference.
    Thanks for the testing - much appreciated.

Are there still gear vendors on the test server? I wanna test the single target DPS of http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...soohbz.0VRcx0b (took out backstab, put in ebon fury, replaced sprint with dancing steel).

Hoko, think 1.2 Bladedancer can output numbers on par with current Nightblade? I'd test myself but haven't set up the alpha client yet.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Reamerer View Post
    Are there still gear vendors on the test server? I wanna test the single target DPS of http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...soohbz.0VRcx0b (took out backstab, put in ebon fury, replaced sprint with dancing steel).

Hoko, think 1.2 Bladedancer can output numbers on par with current Nightblade? I'd test myself but haven't set up the alpha client yet.
    I was wondering about ebon fury, but without eventide, heat retention or night stalker, it seems like you're losing DPS over just using Keen followed by quick/precision, though I am eager to see what you come up with.
    Then again, I'm only considering damage, not CP building. Hope it looks good.
    Last edited by cygnarite; 04-26-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    I was going to try something wierd like

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z0R.Vi0A0s0obb

Jagged -> Puncture -> Keen -> Impale
    P Strike -> Keen-> Q/P Strike spam -> Deadly

Refresh 5 CP Impale as close as soon as possible when it falls off.

Use Slip Away -> Jagged -> Blade Tempo/Poison Malice for DPS burns

Use Virulent + Lethal (no other source) or Leeching

deadly strike + slip away --> 30% more damage for Jagged

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by derphil View Post
    deadly strike + slip away --> 30% more damage for Jagged
    Yup, + Puncture follow, good to point for sure

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0s0o0b.0Vkcxob

Thats what I am waitign to try personally. It will have a very fast rotation with Lingering Flame + Combat Efficiency

Backstab -> Keen Strike -> Precision strike -> Blazing Strike
    Puncture -> Keen Strike -> Quick Strike -> Blazing Strike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast