+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does this work with Bard?

Default Does this work with Bard?

Hey guys, I was gonna put these two greaters on my sigil for my bard spec but want to know if they work with the bards healing abilities first.

Crystal Vine: Healing spells have a chance to heal for an additional 750 health over 8 seconds

Consuming Faesource: Healing spells have a chance to heal for 550 health over 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Subakna View Post
    Hey guys, I was gonna put these two greaters on my sigil for my bard spec but want to know if they work with the bards healing abilities first.

Crystal Vine: Healing spells have a chance to heal for an additional 750 health over 8 seconds

Consuming Faesource: Healing spells have a chance to heal for 550 health over 8 seconds.
    I believe you can only use one of them. could be wrong though.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    I believe you can only use one of them. could be wrong though.
    Ok so they do work? And yes, you can only use one if they are the same family. But since these two are in different families I can use both.

Quote Originally Posted by Subakna View Post
    Ok so they do work? And yes, you can only use one if they are the same family. But since these two are in different families I can use both.
    Not sure if they work or not but I'm fairly certain that both of those are in the same family.

They will only proc of your motif of regen and your healing finisher.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Shadowlander

Default 1.2 changes

Currently, those should be in the same family and not work together, but I believe the 1.2 patch changes it so it does. So, if it doesn't work, don't unslot that epic for Vigil's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by salpus View Post
    Currently, those should be in the same family and not work together, but I believe the 1.2 patch changes it so it does. So, if it doesn't work, don't unslot that epic for Vigil's sake!
    If they do change it to that then I know what my Chloro's going to be using.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    They will only proc of your motif of regen and your healing finisher.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

@OP; I suggest using the Consuming Faesource for now and getting the Frozen Deep One Tear first (from IPP vendor) if you haven't spent your epic sourcestone already.
    Last edited by Leharic; 04-26-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leharic View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

@OP; I suggest using the Consuming Faesource for now and getting the Frozen Deep One Tear first (from IPP vendor) if you haven't spent your epic sourcestone already.
    I've already got it

Shield of Telara

The answer is either one of those will work but not both at the moment 'Unique-Family' means they are currently in the same family. As of 1.2 that designator will be taken off the Greater essences and you will be able to use both of them. That is currently looking like May 5th. But, that is only a guess on that date.

Those will trigger off your cadence as I tested it with the lower ones in that family. It will put a hot on any target you are currently healing.

I haven't found a single other Greater Essence that worked by the way for bard. That wasn't off your Verse of Vitality. In which case the item is pretty much useless because of the long cooldown.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post
    The answer is either one of those will work but not both at the moment 'Unique-Family' means they are currently in the same family. As of 1.2 that designator will be taken off the Greater essences and you will be able to use both of them. That is currently looking like May 5th. But, that is only a guess on that date.

Those will trigger off your cadence as I tested it with the lower ones in that family. It will put a hot on any target you are currently healing.

I haven't found a single other Greater Essence that worked by the way for bard. That wasn't off your Verse of Vitality. In which case the item is pretty much useless because of the long cooldown.
    Will it work on your targets target if you are targeting a mob tho?

Shield of Telara

It will proc on whichever target gets a heal. Heals now from bard choose the 5 targets in range with the lowest percentage of life I think. This pretty much means unless your tank is in trouble or you are in a five man group. Your heals will be jumping around a raid pretty unpredictably. Assuming that the raid of course is taking any damage. Those hots from the essence most of the time will just be extra heals out there.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Quote Originally Posted by Relanex View Post

Thank you for a great answer

Plane Touched

I see the Frozen Deep One Tear and Crystal Vine being a far better choice for your two greaters, unless the shield created competes with some other skill, which I'm not sure about.

And I'm pretty sure that they were both proccing off of my Cadence heals, but I tested it a while ago and, to be honest, I don't pay enough attention to either of them during raids. I'll test it out again tonight and have a look.

you can use them both at the same time, and they can also both proc at the same time, and they don't just proc off of finishers as stated above...in fact they can proc off of cadence even if the person is 100%HP for over heals.

the trick is equipping the crystal vine 1st then the faesorce (i used to do this before i got my deep one greater), the only problem with crystal vine is...it's considered as every unique family meaning if there is any other unique greater it will not equip, but once equiped any family can be pared with it.
    Doom@Deepstrike
    DoomMagick@Deepstrike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast